Page 63 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 63

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Do you think there's an adjustment period with just eating fruit? As you know I used to be vegan, and some days I would just eat fruit for dinner, but I was always starving afterwards.

Irrespective, I think I'm too unstable to ever have a restricted diet again.
    I don't, fruit tastes too good and there is lots of different fruit to mix it with. Plus, it's so low calorie(mostly water anyway) that you can pretty much eat it until you feel like barfing and still lose weight if you stick to it. About the low satiety, it's definitely due to the low protein in fruit. Which is probably why a dairy diet is better.

It's not too hard, just don't think of it as something permanent and just a short term goal to achieve desired results and it won't be too difficult. At least that's how I see it, different mentalities of course. It won't do any irreversible damage or anything. I don't really agree with Matt Stone about just eating like a pig forever to boost metabolism, no one loses weight that way, thermodynamics has a lot to say about that. Eventually you gotta be in a deficit, or at least put the fat stores to use via exercise
    Last edited by Derpamix; 05-06-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    No clue, im sure its more diet then anything since she has very low bodyfat. Probably a vegan diet?
    She looks extremely muscular though. It has to be a combination of both...

diene is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Serenity! And welcome to the fold I was actually going to PM you to say thanks for the info you put on teh "My doc is a moron" page. I didn't reply there cos' I felt the thread was dead and didn't want to flog the horse.
    Hey, no prob! Kresser has some good stuff.

Thanks for the link! I have to refamiliarise myself with it. Myself and a writer I work with are thinking of going over and pitching some projects so maybe that's how we'll get in...
    Hope it works out. Where in CA are you thinking of going? I'm from CA originally although I live on the East Coast now; I'm planning on moving back to CA (San Francisco Bay Area) within the next year (hopefully by the end of the year, but we'll see).

How are things going with your health?
    I'm a work in progress--hah! Sometimes it seems like more work than progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    Haha, veggies are delicious to me! I never understood people saying that veggies were icky.

And, yuuup, I wish I had a body like that, I wonder what her stats are like. And I wonder how often she yogas, what she eats, etc. or if she also does other exercise? I'm intrigued lol.

YB you should deff post your pic up, with your face/background blurred for a bit of extra privacy, maybe even turn it black and white! Or, if you're more comfortable with posting stats, that may work too? I'll bet you look gorgeous anywayyyz :3
    Ya she is for sure

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I don't, fruit tastes too good and there is lots of different fruit to mix it with. Plus, it's so low calorie(mostly water anyway) that you can pretty much eat it until you feel like barfing and still lose weight if you stick to it. About the low satiety, it's definitely due to the low protein in fruit. Which is probably why a dairy diet is better.

It's not too hard, just don't think of it as something permanent and just a short term goal to achieve desired results and it won't be too difficult. At least that's how I see it, different mentalities of course. It won't do any irreversible damage or anything. I don't really agree with Matt Stone about just eating like a pig forever to boost metabolism, no one loses weight that way, thermodynamics has a lot to say about that. Eventually you gotta be in a deficit, or at least put the fat stores to use via exercise
    Obviously you can't overeat forever and expect to have a skinny body, but I don't know if the other extreme (going on a very limited, restrictive diet) is the answer either. I could possibly do it for a week without going off the rails, but it would need to be a few months down the line... when I've got a bit more sanity.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Ya she is for sure
    Aw you

<3
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Just heal your mind, eat how you feel comfortable, and the rest will follow soon enough. It's all just superficial vanity anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    Haha, veggies are delicious to me! I never understood people saying that veggies were icky.

And, yuuup, I wish I had a body like that, I wonder what her stats are like. And I wonder how often she yogas, what she eats, etc. or if she also does other exercise? I'm intrigued lol.

YB you should deff post your pic up, with your face/background blurred for a bit of extra privacy, maybe even turn it black and white! Or, if you're more comfortable with posting stats, that may work too? I'll bet you look gorgeous anywayyyz :3
    I love veggies too! I've dialled way back on them lately (hoping it would help with my bloating... it hasn't ) and now when I eat them it's like having a treat I'm not allowed, ha!

I know - I'd love to know her routine! She's a yoga model though, so I bet it's pretty strict. I did some modelling when I was in my early twenties and you basically don't eat.

In the process of the blurring now These aren't current pics though - they were me at a weight that was easy to maintain. I want to know how much work I would have to do to get the yoga body
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-06-2013 at 03:44 PM.

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I think you should post a pic of yourself just so we can tell you how beeaauuutiful you are <3

Just heal your mind, eat how you feel comfortable, and the rest will follow soon enough. It's all just superficial vanity anyway
    Thanks Derp. And you're right. I can feel it happening and I'm kind of amazed by it.

Btw, I found this amazing video about the brain's untapped potential for meaning and fulfillment. I think you'd enjoy it/
    Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation by Daniel Siegel on Free Online Video

- Ray Peat