Page 60 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 60

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Old habits die hard.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    Wow I cannot even keep up with this page anymore, you guys blow this place up, lmao. YB, I'm really happy to hear that you had a piece of cake with friends like a normal person, I know how that goes! I've passed up many nights to go eat with friends because of the guilt and negativity surrounding food for me at dark times. I've also gone out with friends and had said "naughty" foods, only to go home and then eat alllll the things for no apparant reason. I suppose it was just associated with anxiety? No idea, but I am so happy that you are experiencing normalcy around food! (I had a bit of that too, yesterday, I suppose? More normal than usual, not 100% though.)

There were sooooo many Nazi jokes in your journal, lmao, that I didn't get around to reading everything, so I'm not even sure if you looked into the yoga video yet or not? I'm about to do that routine in just a few minutes, after my coffee Or if you looked into the Digest Spectrum? Yesterday, I had cookies and brownie bits, and all the bad stuff you can put on top of "healthy" yogurt, and suffered nooooo consequences (except maybe sugar overload? lol) Sorry I keep asking over and over again about both of these things, and double sorry if you already responded to me somewhere in your journal and I missed it :/ you're just too popular lol.
    Dude, I can't even keep up with this journal..! It's becoming eerily left wing... Those Hanson kids can't be trusted!

I haven't tried the yoga or the digest spectrum yet! You can't get digest spectrum here and I couldnt arsed buying yet another supp. For someone who doesn't like taking supps, my cupboard has become disconcertingly full...!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    DerpaBare--that is brilliant!

Hey, YB--love your voice. About the visa thing...I think it is pretty hard to get a work visa. The easiest thing (if you want to move the the States) is really to marry an American, but you won't be able to work. Website of the disgusting fed agency that deals with immigration control: USCIS Home Page

Ugh! I'm for open borders.

Edited to add: That cake looks REALLY good. Yummmmm!!!!
    Thanks Serenity! And welcome to the fold I was actually going to PM you to say thanks for the info you put on teh "My doc is a moron" page. I didn't reply there cos' I felt the thread was dead and didn't want to flog the horse.

Thanks for the link! I have to refamiliarise myself with it. Myself and a writer I work with are thinking of going over and pitching some projects so maybe that's how we'll get in...

How are things going with your health?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by VacillateWildly View Post
    Like. Totally. Wow. That is peace with food.
    Thanks Vac I'm definitely not there yet - still think about food way too much, but I can see I'm making progress.

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    You're going to become a CAKE MONSTER!

Just kidding That's awesome! I've always been in awe of those people who can just have a bite of this, or a taste of that, and then not be consumed by it (My mom does this. It takes her 5 months to get through a chocolate bar). Maybe you're getting to that place. How exciting!

Sometimes I want specific things, but it feels more like, "I'm craving protein" or something like that, not usually specific nutrients. It's really cool you're so in tune with your body.
    I find it a little disconcerting (that's my word of the day apparently) how many pictures of the Cookie monster are now in my journal... I always thought of myself more as Big Bird kind. Clearly not.

Derp can be the Vampire guy and Zach can be Oscar the Grouch. Or they can be Bert and Ernie? (we know what that eludes to though )

Ooooooh - this is reminding me - has everyone seen this?

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    I call Ernie!

I started a journal so anyone with nazi jokes, take it over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I call Ernie!

I started a journal so anyone with nazi jokes, take it over there.
    Okay good - I wanted to be Oscar anyway

He's the free spirit who gets to shout at everyone!

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    One... ah ah ha
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    I did the yoga sequence a few times. It's decent. It's accessible and the sequencing works.

I find that it's hard to tell someone whether or not it will be good for them. The yoga that I do can be highly specialized to the individual, and I'm often giving people specific information.

but, you know, if you are generally fit, you should ok.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Open borders make it really hard to get citizens and residents (who pay the tax) the government benefits. that's why we have closed borders.

Anyway, i think it's good to travel and live internationally, and I really like it here. It's better here than in the US, imo. Part of why we came here.

Also, apparently Kiwis make the best lovers. That's what some website said.
    Lol, what website was this?

I have issues with borders in general... just some lines that people put on paper so that they could claim ownership of a "country".

- Ray Peat