Page 55 of 244 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 55

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    This sort of reminds me of you. In a good way.

Hyperbole and a Half: Adventures in Depression

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    What, Lightening Crashes from the Throwing Copper album by Live? That is like 90s awesomeness. That album came out when I was in university. Now when I listen to that music and feel nostalgic, I'm like. . . oh, now I know why my parents used to listen to the "oldies" station. LOL

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    This sort of reminds me of you. In a good way.

Hyperbole and a Half: Adventures in Depression
    Adventures in depression, dead placentas... so this is my image on MDA

Kidding Aww...thanks for sharing that... it was sweet, sad and funny.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by VacillateWildly View Post
    Today I held you in mind and said a big and unexpected Fuck It to restricting. I have had two huge meals so far and just for today, I'm going to eat lots of good food, when I need it. Thank you for the courage.
    You rock Vac Seriously, fuck restricting. There.is.no.point.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You want my superior seed? OK, sure.

You have a lovely singing voice, btw.
    Superior to who, exactly? You Nazi...

And thank you For the compliment on the singing - not the spunk agreement. Please send it to Yoga Bare, Hovel, London. Regular post should do it. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us

My first daughter LOVED this song so much. When she was about a year old there was a commercial that used this song (I used to watch Food network all day while stuck in bed with fatigue and nursing 24/7) and whenever it was on her head would whip around and just look awestruck. We bought it on CD for her and she played it over and over and over.
    Glad one person got it! It's from Disney's "Cinderella".

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    How exactly do you know that you're craving iron?

And wow, thank you for sharing that! Your voice is so warm and inviting. You really should sing more.
    Thank you! I really love singing. I've done a few recordings before, it's something I'd like to get into again.

Craving iron: don't you ever get cravings for like wine or anything? I get really specific cravings, it's weird. These days I even get cravings for specific nutrients, like Magnesium! I've gotten really in tune with my body.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Pretty awesome, YB. Too bad you didnt show yourself!
    Thank you You do not want to see me singing though - I close my eyes and everything...

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Yes, that is true. Mostly, like here in NZ, they have to demonstrate that there's no one else who can do the job, and that they posted enough advertising and looked into hiring a local. Work visas are hard to come by anywhere.

Not all of NZ is rural, but it gets rural right quick. Auckland is a big city of 1mil people or something, but we live in wellington which is 250-300k people (in main part of the city) and I think it's 450-500k if you include the surrounds. There's always something happening in Wellington.

I really like rolfing/structural integration. it is cool stuff. I think there are only 3 rolfers in the country.

If you are under 30 (i don't know if you are) you can get a 2 yr work-holiday visa to come here. Then, your next mission is to fall in love with a kiwi to stay.
    Haha, pushing Zoe the NZ pusher You're American originally right? Wouldn't it be nice if people could just swap passports?

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    What, Lightening Crashes from the Throwing Copper album by Live? That is like 90s awesomeness. That album came out when I was in university. Now when I listen to that music and feel nostalgic, I'm like. . . oh, now I know why my parents used to listen to the "oldies" station. LOL
    NOOOOOOOO - Another one!!

- Ray Peat

FTF
    Entry Eight: OOOOOOOH YEAH - I HAD A PIECE OF CAKE AND I DIDN'T BINGE!!!!!

WHoooooo hoooooo!! I look pregnant but it was worth it! Cake is so good

Sleep:
    12.30am - 5.50am: 5 hours, 20 mins. Woke up thinking it was way later than it was: thought I was refreshed, but looking back now I think it was a cortisol spike. Here's why...

Food / Hunger / Cravings:
    Woke up absolutely starving. Was hungry and parched all day.

6am - Breakfast: 3 fried eggs, 2 bananas, pep tea, 2 coffees, pep tea w/ lf milk+sugar
    11.30am - Coconut water (1 litre)
    12.30pm - Lunch: minced beef with minced lamb's liver in Bolognese sauce, 1 yellow pepper, half a courgette (grated), pep tea w/ lf milk+sugar, orange juice.
    1.30pm - 2 bananas, coffee w/ lf milk+sugar.
    4pm - tea w/ lf milk+sugar.
    6.00pm - Dinner: Prawns, calamari, mussles, two cups basmati rice, two oranges, olive oil, orange juice.
    6.30om - pep tea w/ lf milk+sugar
    9pm - white wine, sticky toffee pudding with peanut butter ice-cream and fudge.... oooh yeah!

Today I made a massive step in my ED recovery. This is really sad but - I haven't had a piece of cake with friends since I was a teenager! For the last thirteen years, it has been impossible for me to treat myself without binging, so eating has been a mostly secret affair.

Tonight I had cake with friends, like a normal human being.

Cravings: Iron, AGAIN! And fruit. And sugar. In the afternoon I was having cravings for evil, EVIL junk food Binge cravings. Didn't give in. And then decided to treat myself, ha!

Energy and mood:
    I felt good when I got up initially, but after an hour I was absolutely wrecked. I really wanted to go back to bed, but I reminded myself that whenever I do that I sleep for an hour and end up feeling worse. Plus I had shit to do, and places to be early this morning.

As the day progressed I got more and more tired. Eventually I decided to work from my bedroom! I sat on my bed in my cool, dark room, and I slowly started to feel better. Almost instantly my cravings diminished and I felt calmer, and more motivated. Really strange.

Then I ate a lot of rice for dinner, and I felt a lot better. Went out with friends, and now feeling good.

Supps:
    Milk thistle 20 drps x1
    Vit D x 2
    Mg x1
    B complex x 1

Body:
    Water retention: Peed non-stop today. Was bloated all day and the cake sent me over the edge...
    Sinus - ran when cycled.
    Skin - Hands dry again.
    Rosacea: Got really red in the late avo...for no reason. And a little red with the wine.
    Lips - Fine today.
    Keratosis pilaris: Bumpy.
    Digestion - Had the runs
    Temperature: Waking temp was 36.4C, daytime temp was 36.6C. And yet I needed to pee constantly... maybe my temp needs to be above 36.6 to be hot enough to absorb the water? Or maybe the peeing was from something else. Hormones? Does cortisol make you pee?!

Interesting that a lot of things went haywire with my body today. Could this correlate with my energy / cravings? Is there a hormonal connection?

Fitness:
    40 min cycle, one hour stroll.

Stress:
    Was stressed in the morning, then it eased off and just felt tired.

Final thoughts:
    In the past I'm pretty sure a day like today would have marked the beginning of a downward spiral of hunger - tiredness - binging - isolation - depression. I'm starting to see how much the binging has contributed to the intensity of my depressed feelings. Sure, I haven't been happy 24-7 since starting this, but my mood has been a lot more stable, and when I have felt depressed it was pretty mild compared to how I usually feel.

It's a lot easier not to binge these days. This is the miracle, that I've been dreaming of

I don't want to speak too soon, but it feels like something is changing. Or has it already changed?

mmmmm.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-03-2013 at 05:20 PM.

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    No! I want at least five YogaDerps! DerpaBares? Now get busy!
    DerpaBare--that is brilliant!

Hey, YB--love your voice. About the visa thing...I think it is pretty hard to get a work visa. The easiest thing (if you want to move the the States) is really to marry an American, but you won't be able to work. Website of the disgusting fed agency that deals with immigration control: USCIS Home Page

Ugh! I'm for open borders.

Edited to add: That cake looks REALLY good. Yummmmm!!!!
    Last edited by diene; 05-03-2013 at 05:24 PM.

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=YogaBare
    Today I made a massive step in my ED recovery. This is really sad but - I haven't had a piece of cake with friends since I was a teenager! For the last thirteen years, it has been impossible for me to treat myself without binging, so eating has been a mostly secret affair.

Tonight I had cake with friends, like a normal human being.

[/QUOTE]

Like. Totally. Wow. That is peace with food.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You're going to become a CAKE MONSTER!

Just kidding That's awesome! I've always been in awe of those people who can just have a bite of this, or a taste of that, and then not be consumed by it (My mom does this. It takes her 5 months to get through a chocolate bar). Maybe you're getting to that place. How exciting!

Craving iron: don't you ever get cravings for like wine or anything? I get really specific cravings, it's weird. These days I even get cravings for specific nutrients, like Magnesium! I've gotten really in tune with my body.
    Sometimes I want specific things, but it feels more like, "I'm craving protein" or something like that, not usually specific nutrients. It's really cool you're so in tune with your body.