Page 52 of 244 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 52

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I tried going to Canada and several countries in Europe. They all seem to need this: "But for a company to give you a job they need to prove that no one else in the country can do it (or something ridiculous like that)." SO frustrating!

I second Rolfing. It did wonderful and very long lasting things for me. I feel like every 10 years I could use a tune up, but the improvements really kept with me for a long time.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Shaggar (about to kill Tyrion): "How would you like to die, Tyrion, son of Tywin?"
    Tyrion: "In my own bed, at the age of 80, with a belly full of wine and a girls mouth around my cock?"

Wouldn't it be better to live life without regret? Easier said than done, of course.
    That doesn't sound half bad to me either.

Re: Sleep, I'm the same way - I wake up between 6:30-7:30 no matter the time I fall asleep (except randomly this week). I've had to learn this the hard way. It's okay, though; we rise with the sun and are obviously more productive human beings because of it...

Re: Visa, Some, uh, people I know, have done mildly illegal things to help people acquire a permanent Green Cards. I don't know about the visas though. I do know plenty of people who have had them and almost all have gotten the boot back to their country by now.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I tried going to Canada and several countries in Europe. They all seem to need this: "But for a company to give you a job they need to prove that no one else in the country can do it (or something ridiculous like that)." SO frustrating!

I second Rolfing. It did wonderful and very long lasting things for me. I feel like every 10 years I could use a tune up, but the improvements really kept with me for a long time.
    PM, did you see the section in my last entry about stress? I kept thinking of you when I was watching it - I was going to email you the link! Think you would get a lot out of it.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Pretty sure Derp is looking for a cute Irish girl to marry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Pretty sure Derp is looking for a cute Irish girl to marry.
    He probably wouldn't have to marry me: knocking me up would probably suffice!

Derp, are you game?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    He probably wouldn't have to marry me: knocking me up would probably suffice!

Derp, are you game?
    I can just imagine all the little, red-headed Derps running around now! Cute as the dickens.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I can just imagine all the little, red-headed Derps running around now! Cute as the dickens.
    All??! Jeeze louise, a mutant Derp-Yogabare - one would be enough!

- Ray Peat

No! I want at least five YogaDerps! DerpaBares? Now get busy!

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    No! I want at least five YogaDerps! DerpaBares? Now get busy!
    Only if you'll babysit. Permanently!!! (Mu-hu-ha-ha!)

I really don't have any interest in having kids.

- Ray Peat

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    FTF
    Entry Seven: That I've been dreaming of

Sleep:
    12.30am - 6am: 5.5 hours. Weirdly, I turned on my phone at the exact same time as yesterday: 6.08am!

In psychology they say that if you have a nightmare you're supposed to see the nightmare through (ie. not force yourself to wake up) because then you're allowing your subconscious to process deep issues, but if you wake yourself you're not allowing it to do that. During my PTSD eight years ago I had horrific nightmares, every night for nearly a year. They lessened after that, but I kept on having them until last year. I was never able to stay asleep til the end.

Last night I had a nightmare. I stayed asleep until it ended. Facing my demons?

Temperature:
    Waking temp was 36.5C: good! I'm finding a balance with the warmer clothing now: not as extreme as before.

Energy and mood:
    Wasn't as motivated today as I have been. Tried to be conscious about being relaxed: I was successful enough. Energy was good though, til after dinner. I feel tired now.

Food / Hunger / Cravings:
    Woke up and didn't have breakfast for til 90 mins later: which is unusual for me. At 10ish I wanted food again, but it wasn't hunger, so I didn't eat anything. Wanting to eat at that time seems to be a pattern. I wonder if it's a blood sugar thing?

7am - Breakfast: Banana and berries in coconut milk, coffee.
    10am - Hot water with lemon.
    11.30am: 1 litre coconut water
    2.30pm - Lunch: minced beef with minced lamb's liver in Bolognese sauce, two boiled potatoes, half a courgette (grated), nettle tea, small coffee with milk and one sugar.
    4pm - Tea with LF milk and sugar.
    6.00pm - Dinner: Same as lunch, but with mustard added.
    6.30om - decaff tea with LF milk and sugar

Cravings: Iron again! And sugar.

Supps:
    Milk thistle 20 drps x1
    Vit D x 2
    Mg x1
    Chromium x 2

Seems like I'm on a supp buzz atm.

Body:
    Was sore today.
    Water retention: Very bloated again, and have been peeing a lot more.
    Sinus - very runny nose today.
    Skin - Hands dry again.
    Rosacea: Got really red after my walk today. Took ages to get back to normal.
    Lips - Fine today.
    Keratosis pilaris: Bumpy.
    Digestion - Okay (D-M, MM)

Fitness:
    60 min walk, 20 min cycle, 10 mins playground (rebounder, tight rope, swings. It's exercise, okay? )

Walked the whole way across the tight rope tonight! Ive never done that before.

Stress:
    Feel a bit more stressed today: mostly because I didn't really know what I was doing with myself. I finished up two projects this week and have no more paid work on the horizon. I have two other bit project that are of my own volition, so I should take the opportunity of no commitments to work on those, but it's hard not to get stressed about not having paid work on the horizon. I guess I have to remember that work always comes to me. Any time I chase it, it doesn't materialise.

Final thoughts:
    I need to start making more plans. I drift through life a lot, and ironically it's quite stressful! So I'm going to plan my day tomorrow, and see how that works out.

On a positive note: I feel like I'm about to break a big pattern of mine at the moment: the pattern of not seeing things through / not completing things. Hard to put into words, but it feels like something within me is changing.

And, I don't know why I'm doing this, but I really would like to share something with you guys. I don't really sing any more, but today I really felt the desire, so I did a little recording. This was the first take, so my voice wasn't really warmed up, but I wasn't arsed doing it again. I haven't shared it with anyone else! My MDA family are the first Hope you listen / like.

First person to recognise the tune gets 100000 points!

Last edited by YogaBare; 05-02-2013 at 05:15 PM.

- Ray Peat