Page 50 of 244 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 50

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Probably not, I bet hers sucks, she probably just can't help but sleep from being fatigued due to lack of calories

Lemme roll your tunes right now
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Lemme roll your tunes right now
    Ha - you're definitely not going to like the first one! It's about as 60's as you get.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Ha - you're definitely not going to like the first one! It's about as 60's as you get.
    Yup, very cool. Sugar is a very beautiful thing. ♥
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member

Final thoughts:
    I use food for energy, but I don't seem to be able to access the energy it gives me.

It's true, and perhaps a better approach for me would be to start looking at food in a different way? I know this sounds odd, but I think I rely on it too much psychologically as a substance that's going to make me feel better. It's not a miracle worker - there's only so much food (like sleep) can do. There's clearly some other piece to the puzzle missing for me...
    This is me, too. I'm always thinking that if I eat the perfect thing it will make me feel all better. I have yet to find it though. I really eat a lot more when I'm tired though and find my appetite disappears when I'm full of energy, or is at least delayed.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I've either looked at food as an enemy or a god. Somewhere in between? Something necessary, but also something to enjoy? Easier said than done...
    I feel like I'm finally getting to this place, or am in it at least temporarily. If I knew how I got there, I'd tell you.

On another note, I find myself mildly obsessed with SOAD at times. Saw them perform live once, and while I'm compelled to openly make fun of and convey a distaste for them at all times, I hide a secret... Mrr. YB, I actually liked that second song.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I feel like I'm finally getting to this place, or am in it at least temporarily. If I knew how I got there, I'd tell you.

On another note, I find myself mildly obsessed with SOAD at times. Saw them perform live once, and while I'm compelled to openly make fun of and convey a distaste for them at all times, I hide a secret... Mrr. YB, I actually liked that second song.
    Please do share the secret The first part of it is always recognising polarity anyway, so at least I've made one step!

And whaddya mean " actually liked that second song"?! It's an awesome tune! Loooove the video.

FTF
    Entry Five: Rise

Sleep:
    12.00am - 7am: 7 hours. Not the most restful sleep, but woke up feeling pretty good.

Temperature:
    In transit today so didn't keep as warm.

Energy and mood:
    Today, I distinctly felt my energy starting to rise. I started off fine in the morning, and then by mid-morning I was starting to buzz. When I went for my walk I literally felt my heart opening, and all these feelings of love and bliss flooded my senses, and I was filled with gratitude. The energy just kept getting higher all day, and now I'm sitting back at home feeling strong.

Hormones eh?!

Seriously, the more I look into all this, the more I'm sure we're all ruled by these subtle energies that we don't understand.

Food / Hunger / Cravings:
    Again, was conscious of portion sizes, and tried not to eat between meals. Didn't eat dinner til really late, but didn't panic from the hunger - instead got that nice clarity that sometimes comes with fasting. Fat burning?

7am - Breakfast: Strawberries, banana, drizzle of honey, coffee.
    11am - 2 x hot waters with lemon and a pinch of sugar.
    1.30pm - Lunch: Bone broth, cooked carrots, veal with gravy (4 slices).
    5pm - Coffee.
    9pm - Dinner: Roast potatoes, ratatouille, veal.
    8pm - Snack raspberries.

Cravings: None.

Supps:
    Milk thistle 20 drps x1

Body:
    Bloat - gone down
    Skin - Better, but prob cos' I've been using very thick balm.
    Rosacea: Was really red today. And hot. IS there a connection between my energy and my flushing? Is it hormonal?
    Lips - Solidifying.
    Keratosis pilaris: Smooth.
    Digestion - Good.

Fitness:
    50 min walk with the dog (fast), 20 mins yoga. Out of nowhere, I've made huge gains with my flexibility - I can nearly do the straddle splits! I wonder if the aching I was feeling in my muscles over the last two weeks was deep healing and reduction of inflammation? I've also made strength gains, but not as dramatic as the mobility gains.

Stress:
    Normally when my energy starts to rise, I immediately throw myself into work. I go into "fight" mode. I want to try something different this time, but I'm not sure what it is...

Final thoughts:
    Aiming for balance.

heal 64_542765002_n.png
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-26-2013 at 11:02 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    I've either looked at food as an enemy or a god. Somewhere in between? Something necessary, but also something to enjoy? Easier said than done...
    Yes! Because it's not about the food really - is it? Food is not the enemy, nor is it going to fix or save me.

I have been vey aware of my potential for orthorexia since starting this woe, but in actual fact it hasn't happened. I've learned gradually that grains do upset my digestion and I'm slowly, very slowly, learning which foods I really do like and which ones I don't like. That might sound daft, but I still don't really know. I might snort a packet of choc chip cookies, but I don't really like them. I do know I like eggs, I like lamb, I like peppers. I'm not sure what else I genuinely like

I did start this because I wanted Primal to fix me. It hasn't - sadly, and I can't fix myself either until I accept that I need to surrender my weight and my fear of gaining it and start eating 3 meals a day. I think the biggest danger for my with Primal/Paleo is the endorsement of IFing, legitimate starvation for health reasons. It's a hateful thing and the worst thing about primal for me. I never used to do it at all (actually, I did sometimes) but now I do it most days and it has interfered with my natural hunger responses and actually taught me to override them more easily.

If you could take a pill that would give you the exact calories and nutrients you needed for the day and you wouldn't feel hungry till the next day, would you take it? I don't think I would, but sometimes I think it would be easier to get rid of the food.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    Wow, that's amazing. Maybe I should try and find a good naturopath, instead of trying to fix myself all the time (without really knowing what I'm doing). Any chance his wrinkles have reversed too?
    yes. he looks less tired/worn -- but he doesn't really have wrinkles.

- Ray Peat

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I'd say those are the regrets of the living, also (perhaps I'm just speaking for me). But, truly, see how much 'I' is in these, not so great and uplifting really, when you think that all of these boil down to I wish I'd been more self-centred (except the work one, maybe).
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!