Page 49 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 49

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    That used to be my main bone of contention with sleeping - I would lie awake til the small hours. These days I don't have so much trouble falling asleep: at the worst it might take me two hours, but quite often now it takes half an hour... great result Why do you ask?
    Now that I think of it I may have already given this advice, so ignore me, but I was going to suggest paying attention to how close to bedtime you're eating.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Now that I think of it I may have already given this advice, so ignore me, but I was going to suggest paying attention to how close to bedtime you're eating.
    You did! But actually eating close to bed time is better for me. I rarely do it though, too hungry earlier on...

And lol - I posted on your journal at exactly the same moment you posted here!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    You did! But actually eating close to bed time is better for me. I rarely do it though, too hungry earlier on...

And lol - I posted on your journal at exactly the same moment you posted here!
    Then never mind! I have the same problem when speaking to people to. There's a lot of, "you've told me this already..."

Is this the internet version of synchronized menstrual cycles?

FTF
    Entry Four:

Sleep:
    11.30pm - 6.30am: 7 hours. Realising that even getting more sleep, I still don't feel refreshed. Actually I woke up today with huge bags under my eyes - even my mum commented on them.

Temperature:
    Feet are burning right now.

Energy and mood:
    Energy wasn't bad today, got things done. Still neurotic about my skin

Food / Hunger / Cravings:
    Again, consciously tried to eat less today and not snack. I wasn't massively hungry and I ate well, but it's nighttime now and I'm starving. I seem to burn off food really quickly, but not lose fat. If I go to bed hungry I just wake in the night. Weird that some people sleep better when they fast, but I can eat 2K cals a day and wake up hungry.

7am - Breakfast: Leftover Goan fish curry, rice (moderate portion).
    1.30pm - Lunch: Bone broth, cooked carrots, some beef.
    3pm: Raspberries
    7pm - Dinner: Roast potatoes, ratatouille, 3 x slices striploin beef
    8pm - Snack raspberries.
    One raspberry tea, one cuppa with honey, two big coffees.

Cravings: Meat (during the day), Slight sugar craving in the evening.

Supps:
    Mg x 1
    Milk thistle 20 drps x1

Body:
    Still very bloated, including my face now. I wonder if it's the milk thistle? Apparently it can cause bloating.
    Hair - Okay.
    Skin - on hands is better since I started using really thick balm on them. Skin under eyes is a disaster Using the balm a little under there.
    Lips - Chapped. Better with the balm.
    Keratosis pilaris: Smooth.
    Eyes - puffy.
    Digestion - Good.

Fitness:
    50 min walk with the dog.

Stress:
    Nope.

Final thoughts:
    I use food for energy, but I don't seem to be able to access the energy it gives me. Maybe I should try using exercise for my expresso? I used to do that back when I was in good shape - would do 15 burpees if I felt a bit tired. It worked really well, but then I ended up having one of the worst bouts of ED I've ever had. I seem to go insane every time I try to push myself.

On a separate note, I read an interesting article about Orthorexia that Neckhammer posted. One sentence in it stuck out: that the danger in using food for healing is that you can end up becoming obsessive about it. It's true, and perhaps a better approach for me would be to start looking at food in a different way? I know this sounds odd, but I think I rely on it too much psychologically as a substance that's going to make me feel better. It's not a miracle worker - there's only so much food (like sleep) can do. There's clearly some other piece to the puzzle missing for me...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Aren't you just about out of that fish curry yet?

Have you noticed that coffee bloats you? I've read here and elsewhere that some people had relief from giving it up.

The reason food is so tough is because, unlike other substances, you can't just give it up. How do you propose to look at food now?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Then never mind! I have the same problem when speaking to people to. There's a lot of, "you've told me this already..."
    Aspie trait. I can't remember to whom I've said what, either!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Aren't you just about out of that fish curry yet?
    Ha - yes That was the final portion. I went nearly two weeks without eating fish due to fear of PUFA. I had to make up for lost time
    Have you noticed that coffee bloats you? I've read here and elsewhere that some people had relief from giving it up.
    Not at all actually. I gave up coffee twice in my life - for a year each time. Still bloated! I know that dairy is a definite culprit for me, but then so is everything...

The reason food is so tough is because, unlike other substances, you can't just give it up. How do you propose to look at food now?
    I've either looked at food as an enemy or a god. Somewhere in between? Something necessary, but also something to enjoy? Easier said than done...

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Aspie trait. I can't remember to whom I've said what, either!
    It's also a symptom of food intolerances, thyroid conditions, being stressed, vitamin b12 deficiencies...
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-26-2013 at 10:58 AM.

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I wonder how people can claim to sleep better while fasting, with compounded stress from low blood sugar and night time. If I even lie down while in a "fasted" state, my body is like "nope, feed me motherfucker" and I just thrash around; or, if I'm able to doze off I wake up within 30 minutes and then I just eat a pint of ice cream and fall asleep like a baby.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    My song:

Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Ha, I'm not a big fan of metal, but that was quite cool!

Sugar themed songs I like:

This

And this (I shared with you before)

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I wonder how people can claim to sleep better while fasting, with compounded stress from low blood sugar and night time. If I even lie down while in a "fasted" state, my body is like "nope, feed me motherfucker" and I just thrash around; or, if I'm able to doze off I wake up within 30 minutes and then I just eat a pint of ice cream and fall asleep like a baby.
    I have a really skinny friend who doesn't eat much (often goes to bed without dinner) and she says she sleeps pretty well...

I wonder if it's metabolism?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-26-2013 at 10:59 AM.

- Ray Peat