Page 47 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 47

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Buy the twinlabs brand if you do. No gross fillers and gelatin capsules.
    Ingredients in the brand I was using (Pure Encapsulations) are "Hypoallergenic plant fiber, vegetable capsule". Could the fiber cause problems?

Also i think the gluten sensitivity is directly related to digestion and gut permeability which is caused by a low carb diet and excessive pufa, not gluten.
    What about children who seem to be born with gluten sensitivities / are diagnosed at a very young age? Mother's diet while they were in the womb?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    But but but bread is so gooooood!

I really am amazed the amount of people who two years ago had never heard of gluten and ate bread because it tasted good and now view it similar to the ebola virus.

Also i think the gluten sensitivity is directly related to digestion and gut permeability which is caused by a low carb diet and excessive pufa, not gluten.
    You're just reminding me of how I used to eat oatmeal for breakfast everyday, and crash at 11am. Not that my energy is exactly enviable now, but I'm reassured that it's better than it was.

Gluten, pufa - what's the difference? There's "science" to support either demonisation. I'm sick of all the fear mongering - I'm even sick of Ray Peat!*

*(quickly bows in repentance).

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I'm noticing getting really dry mouth at night and even in the daytime my saliva production has gone down. I'm usually a person with a pretty heavy saliva flow and now this worries me for getting cavities. I'm wondering if body temp has anything to do with this? Can't think of anything else that I've changed that would cause this.

ETA: Ooops! I meant to post this on my own journal. YB have you noticed this at all?
    No, but I'm definitely noticing that the skin on my hands and under my eyes is really dehydrated. It looks thin and baggy and puffy

However, because my libido has come back, it gives me faith that this raising body temp is a good thing. Maybe we should be drinking A LOT more water (with salt)?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-26-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    What about children who seem to be born with gluten sensitivities / are diagnosed at a very young age? Mother's diet while they were in the womb?
    Probably. There are a staggering number of children who can't produce lactase upon birth, which means mothers often feed them soy based formulas which further aggravates pre-existing health problems.

The mothers habits while the child is in the womb are very important.
    nihil

Derpamix is offline Senior Member

1,337 as fug forever memorialized

also, no, I don't need help going primal you can't trick me or rob me blind
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post

1,337 as fug forever memorialized

also, no, I don't need help going primal you can't trick me or rob me blind
    They saw you coming Derp!

Quote Originally Posted by VacillateWildly View Post
    I like that you're not trying to fix yourself with fads. Because then you get lost in the fixing and the fad and forget about recovering. IMO
    I know... balance, right?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-26-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Probably. There are a staggering number of children who can't produce lactase upon birth, which means mothers often feed them soy based formulas which further aggravates pre-existing health problems.

The mothers habits while the child is in the womb are very important.
    That's really disturbing.

My grandmother practically starved herself while my mother was in the womb in order to keep her pregnancy under wraps and I think my mom's still paying for it to this day.

zoebird is offline Senior Member

I think there could be lots of causes for this, to be honest. For my husband, it's a gut-flora issue. We think it has to do with colonization over time -- particularly starting when he was fed infant formula and then on-going from there.

But likewise, we don't think these things are permanent. Heal the problem, and you should be able to eat just about anything.

And we werent' big grain-eaters to begin with. We maybe had pasta once a month; bread once a week max (and I often skipped it), etc. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, and squash, though? Yes! And then dairy, we didn't do much with that either. I think cheese is great, but too expensive here; and otherwise I'll do butter but not much else.

We also tend to be low sugar (as in the sweetener), but I love my fruit and so does DH.
    Last edited by zoebird; 04-28-2013 at 05:39 AM.

On a totally unrelated note, where is the most interesting place people have had sex?!

I saw this article the other day and it brought up memories of the most spectacular place I em... partook in the physical expression of love: A forest full of bluebells on a beautiful spring day... seriously, it was so beautiful. Inebriated by the sun, and the scent of bluebells in the air.

This isn't the place, but it's extremely like it...

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    But likewise, we don't think these things are permanent. Heal the problem, and you should be able to eat just about anything.
    Yup Zoe, did your husband have stomach problems pre-Primal?

Also, what does DH stand for??? "Dear Husband"? I've always wondered.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-26-2013 at 12:05 PM.

- Ray Peat

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    On a totally unrelated note, where is the most interesting place people have had sex?!

I saw this article the other day and it brought up memories of the most spectacular place I em... partook in the physical expression of love: A forest full of bluebells on a beautiful spring day... seriously, it was so beautiful. Inebriated by the sun, and the scent of bluebells in the air.

This isn't the place, but it's extremely like it...
    Aaahhh....I miss England. In a river

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I know... balance, right?
    Exactly. I think recovery involves such flux, that instead of trying to fix every new change, I need to simply sit in the change and acknowledge it.