Page 46 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 46

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I like that you're not trying to fix yourself with fads. Because then you get lost in the fixing and the fad and forget about recovering. IMO

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Jetb = just eat the bread.
    When I was going through my zero carb, 5 foods nonsense, a friend of mine had similar advice in the form of gesff, or "you'll be fine, go eat some french fries".

I may not agree so much with the bread version, if it's making you sick YB, but there is something to a certain amount of letting go.

+1, Vac.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare
    edit: I mean men who are tortured by their own demons. I'm not into S+M. Just to clarify.
    Sounds a little defensive to me.

Zach is offline Banned
    There is an enzyme called DPP that breaks down gluten, gluten free fad is ovahhh!!

And YB, energy is certainly not in your mind. It has everything to do with thyroid and food.

There is an enzyme called DPP that breaks down gluten, gluten free fad is ovahhh!!
    I've seen this and almost bought it in order to combat contact contamination in restaurants. Figured too good to be true.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I've seen this and almost bought it in order to combat contact contamination in restaurants. Figured too good to be true.
    I buy a cheap enzyme supplement that had that in it. I never had problems with gluten but just taking that, pancreatin and betein with big meals has helped me more then any other supp ever.

I buy a cheap enzyme supplement that had that in it. I never had problems with gluten but just taking that, pancreatin and betein with big meals has helped me more then any other supp ever.
    I've been thinking of trying to supplement with betaine HCL again but I've had such negative reactions to it in the past that I'm a bit nervous. Even so, it somehow seems like the right thing to do. It calls to me from the deep recesses of the "tried that" bin of supplement I keep in the corner of my closet.

Zach is offline Banned
    Buy the twinlabs brand if you do. No gross fillers and gelatin capsules.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Final thoughts:
    Immediately I can see that there's a correlation between hunger, exercise, energy: More energy, less hunger / cravings, more exercise.
    I have the exact same correlations.

On wheat: YB, I totally support you in keeping gluten out. I don't think it is an unreasonable restriction that will harm your recovery. I think it just goes into the "taking care of yourself" category.

Zach is offline Banned
    But but but bread is so gooooood!

I really am amazed the amount of people who two years ago had never heard of gluten and ate bread because it tasted good and now view it similar to the ebola virus.

Also i think the gluten sensitivity is directly related to digestion and gut permeability which is caused by a low carb diet and excessive pufa, not gluten.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm noticing getting really dry mouth at night and even in the daytime my saliva production has gone down. I'm usually a person with a pretty heavy saliva flow and now this worries me for getting cavities. I'm wondering if body temp has anything to do with this? Can't think of anything else that I've changed that would cause this.

ETA: Ooops! I meant to post this on my own journal. YB have you noticed this at all?