Page 45 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 45

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Jetb = just eat the bread.

I had some serious french toast this morning. Whole loaf of french bread cut in half, whole block of bree sandwiched between. Lots of maple syrup, whip cream and strawberries. And yes i ate the whole thing, gotta love refeeds!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Jetb = just eat the bread.

I had some serious french toast this morning. Whole loaf of french bread cut in half, whole block of bree sandwiched between. Lots of maple syrup, whip cream and strawberries. And yes i ate the whole thing, gotta love refeeds!
    But so many good things have happened since I gave up gluten! Cystic acne disappeared (except now it's suddenly back) and umm... I have less body hair. That's pretty much it.

Zach, remind you of anyone?

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Hrm, I was looking at my book for quotes - forgot they do away with Joe for the movie.

Ha!

In a slightly related note, I would be Edward Norton's anythang. I think it's the sad eyes.
    Ed Nort : good call! I also love tortured men, ha He was such a babe in FC. Lost it now though...

edit: I mean men who are tortured by their own demons. I'm not into S+M. Just to clarify.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    edit: I mean men who are tortured by their own demons. I'm not into S+M. Just to clarify.
    Suuuuure
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

I think gluten intolerance and lactose intolerance comes from something being amiss systemically rather than a problem with the food itself. Assuming they're high quality of course. Grains have been eaten for a very long time, and only in the last decade(if that) or so, have people started attributing problems with gluten consumption.

I'm doing more experiments, some involve consuming flour and wheat products since I feel that I'm healthy right now. Nothing like a nutella and banana sandwich to fuel my day.

FTF
    Entry Two: Keep quiet while I shut your mind

Sleep:
    10.30pm - 7am: 8.5 hours! Amazing - three nights sleep in a row. I could have slept for longer tbh, but I had to get up.

Temperature:
    No thermometer today.

Energy and mood:
    Energy is coming back slightly, thank fuck. I'm still tired, but there's definitely a shift in the other direction: was on my feet prob 50% of the day. Feeling much better mood-wise.

Food / Hunger / Cravings
    Not majorly hungry.

9am - Breakfast: Few berries, coffee.
    11am - Brunch: Two poached eggs, two slices bacon, roasted tomato, coffee (restaurant).
    4pm - Lunch: Broth, banana.
    7pm - Dinner: Goan fish curry half glass white wine.
    8pm - Snack: banana.
    1 litre Coconut water, one raspberry tea.

Cravings: None today.

Body:
    Still exceptionally bloated.
    Hair - Not as good as it has been. Different shampoo?
    Skin - Skin under eyes is looking very thin, and a bit purple... Got another cystic spot (on my forehead this time. Bacon?)
    Lips - Very strange: they chapped as soon as I finished breakfast. Was it the crappy salt, or the bacon?
    Keratosis pilaris: Smooth.
    Eyes were streaming today.
    Digestion - No BM.
    Circulation - legs went dead a few times whilst sitting on the floor.

Fitness:
    Walked the dog for 45 mins, 10 mins yoga.

Stress:
    Ended up telling my mum the extent of how exhausted I get, but not the extent of my depression. I've never talked to her properly about either before, so she didn't take it well. She basically told me that being tired was "in my head" and that I needed to force myself to do things. If only it was that easy.

I can appreciate that for someone who doesn't have issues with energy they can't understand how difficult it is for someone who crashes all the time. On one level I absolutely agree that all illness and malfunctions begin in the mind. If I knew how to make "mind over matter" work I would.

Reminds me of a story I heard about a woman who cured cancer through laughter therapy. I wonder if listening to positive statements every morning would get the day going better? The more I look at it, the more I wonder if everything (the energy crashes, the depression, the ED) just stems from stress?

Final thoughts:
    Immediately I can see that there's a correlation between hunger, exercise, energy: More energy, less hunger / cravings, more exercise.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-27-2013 at 03:32 PM.

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I think gluten intolerance and lactose intolerance comes from something being amiss systemically rather than a problem with the food itself. Assuming they're high quality of course. Grains have been eaten for a very long time, and only in the last decade(if that) or so, have people started attributing problems with gluten consumption.

I'm doing more experiments, some involve consuming flour and wheat products since I feel that I'm healthy right now. Nothing like a nutella and banana sandwich to fuel my day.
    I agree that for most people the problem is probably not the gluten: it's the chemicals and stuff that the gluten comes packaged with. In France a loaf of bread that you buy in the morning is stale by evening time. In my part of the world it's fresh for three days...!

However, I also know that I had a beer last week, and got an acne outbreak. Any time I eat cookies, the same thing happens. Maybe it's not the gluten: it could be the other ingredients, but I'll eliminate one culprit at a time.

Couldn't all food intolerances be considered "something amiss with the person's system"?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-27-2013 at 03:34 PM.

- Ray Peat

I agree that for most people the problem is probably not the gluten: it's the chemicals and stuff that the gluten comes packaged with. In France a loaf of bread that you buy in the morning is stale by evening time. In my part of the world it's fresh for three days...!

However, I also know that I had a beer last week, and got an acne outbreak. Any time I eat cookies, the same thing happens. Maybe it's not the gluten: it could be the other ingredients, but I'll eliminate one culprit at a time.
    I'm not a big fan of alcohol anyway, if we're being honest, bad experiences with it involving people close to me. It does nothing to me to affect my personality, or physically, it's just psychological. I think I outwardly reject things that tend to make people dumber too.

Haha, bread here in loaves is kept in backrooms of grocery stores for a few months before they put it out front and slap a best by date on it, which is 2 weeks with a 1 week leeway. Talk about nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Suuuuure
    You swore you'd never tell! Don't make me get the whip...

- Ray Peat

You swore you'd never tell! Don't make me get the whip...
    Ooops!