Page 44 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 44

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    GOT

On a completely unrelated note, I've started reading "Game of Thrones" I didn't think I would bother cos' the series is so good, but at the end of the second series I got disenchanted with some of the character development (eg. Theon Grayjoy) and wanted more depth.

And I've totally gotten into it! The characterisation is so much interesting. I LOVE Jon Snow in the book - he's bad ass. In the series he's an irritating, sniveling twerp. I don't know how fans of the book can tolerate him...

Also so nice getting more history about the Targaryens. I actually feel sorry for Viserys now...
    This post made me so fricken happy! Too bad you watched the show first because now you have the charactors already created for you. IMO the show is a pathetic attempt at recreating these books and also some of the charactors are completely wrong. Gregor Clegon, Mance Rayder, Roose Bolton, Tyreon (although hes awesome still), are all complete let downs from the book. I also cant stand how the book gives such amazing details of the knights armor and certain castles and other things like the white walkers and the show completely drops the ball on these details. The show also completely skips over important details or changes parts completely. Mainly with Deanarys and most recently woth Theon and Rooses Bastard/Reek.

They did get a few charactors right, Arya, The hound, Jamie and Daenarys for sure. And its just nice to be able to watch something even if its completely bastardized. And Tyreon completely makes it worth watching.

Whew, ok enough bitching. You will love the books! The only problem is the last two wont be out for years, perhaps ever! Id have to kill myself if i cant finish the series.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    This post made me so fricken happy! Too bad you watched the show first because now you have the charactors already created for you. IMO the show is a pathetic attempt at recreating these books and also some of the charactors are completely wrong. Gregor Clegon, Mance Rayder, Roose Bolton, Tyreon (although hes awesome still), are all complete let downs from the book. I also cant stand how the book gives such amazing details of the knights armor and certain castles and other things like the white walkers and the show completely drops the ball on these details. The show also completely skips over important details or changes parts completely. Mainly with Deanarys and most recently woth Theon and Rooses Bastard/Reek.

They did get a few charactors right, Arya, The hound, Jamie and Daenarys for sure. And its just nice to be able to watch something even if its completely bastardized. And Tyreon completely makes it worth watching.

Whew, ok enough bitching. You will love the books! The only problem is the last two wont be out for years, perhaps ever! Id have to kill myself if i cant finish the series.
    Ha - actually I prefer to watch the movie version of a book first! I feel that amazing literature will always be amazing, but a great film can be ruined by a good book! (I know: I'm an anomaly ) And I'm actually able to separate the book from the film in my head: all the character look different in my imagination to the actors. (not hugely surprising, considering my career: I have to be able to do that shit).

I think Arya is a COMPLETE let down from teh book! SHe annoys the hell out of me in teh series... she's such a cliché. I used to love Tyrion, but his character isn't going anywhere anymore... But other characters (like Jamie) are devloping, so that keeps it interesting.

Also - Ned Stark is only 35 in the book, wtf?! Wish they had chosen a younger actress for Kat - I hate that haggy woman and her old woman voice...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Good video on the importance of anger:

Why anger is essential for happiness
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-26-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Read this (via Fit and Feminist) and thought it might resonate with you.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Read this (via Fit and Feminist) and thought it might resonate with you.
    Thanks... it's true. Personally I got in great shape when I was doing yoga every day. But I was undereating so...

- Ray Peat

Third Fad: Fuck the Fads

Entry One: Starting Over (all over again)

I keep applying protocols to "fix me" but the problem is that I'm compartmentalising symptoms without an overall picture. It's like tinkering with a car engine after driving blindfolded.

It's another new chapter in the journal. This time, a fad is not the focus. The last thing I need is a framework for obsessiveness!

This is about easing up.

I am sure now that my body goes in a cycle of stress-insomnia-cravings-energy crashes-depression, but I have never taken time to just watch and observe it. I'm just going to observe the correlation between my energy, mood, food/hunger, sleep, temperature, fitness, body and stress. At times I will mix things up and see how I respond to control factors, like intense exercise, or calorie restriction, but for the most part I am going to stick to regular eating, gentle exercise, and meditation.

Also, I'm easing up on my dietary restrictions. Right now I'm no gluten, no pufa, no legumes, very few vegetables, limited fruit... I just feel myself going down another rabbit hole. Over-thinking everything I eat, and limiting one thing makes me over-consume on another. Apart from my hair looking good, nothing seems to be working anyway. It makes me sad to think that this time last year I was 14lbs lighter, had no cellulite, and way fewer wrinkles. My cholesterol has gone from 6 to 10.4. I feel like I've aged five years in one. I'll stay gluten-free, as I'm pretty sure it gives me acne, and soy-free, as there's too much compelling information against it, but other than that I'm aiming for balance and an end to orthorexia.

She looks like she's eating bread...
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-27-2013 at 08:21 AM.

- Ray Peat

For yesterday:

Sleep:
    12.30pm - 8.30am (or 9.30am - can't remember): 8/9 hours. Two huge sleeps in a row! Looks like my body really is exhausted.

Temperature:
    No thermometer today.

Energy and mood:
    Completely exhausted again. I spent most of the day dragging myself from downstairs to my sofa upstairs. Work and emails were a serious struggle. I couldn't even make my mum breakfast or help her cook. I read my book and mooched around.

Felt pretty low that my energy was so shit.

Body:
    From morning time, I was extremely bloated. Must have been what I ate the day before. OJ?
    Hair - Great
    Skin - A little less dry, but lines under eyes are definitely more pronounced
    Nails - Getting stronger.
    Lips - Unchapped.
    Keratosis pilaris: Slightly raised.
    Bit of a head cold.

Food / Hunger / Cravings
    Quite hungry today.

9am - Breakfast: Broth with two slices beef.
    11am - Snack: Banana
    2pm - Lunch: 150g paté, three tomatoes
    5pm - Snack: Banana
    7pm - Dinner: Tuna steak, cod, mash potato with bacon rinds, homemade BBQ sauce.
    1 square dark chocolate.
    1 litre Coconut water, two coffees, one raspberry tea.

Cravings: Really craving wheat today! Majorly overate at dinner: had a small mountain of mash potato with BBQ sauce. Had some chocolate cravings too, but one square dark choc was enough. All cravings ended when I had a cup of raspberry tea with honey. Raspberry tea is really warming, and great for circulation. Was I craving thermic heat from food?

Fitness:
    Did nothing.

Stress:
    Nope.

Final Thoughts:
    Last edited by YogaBare; 04-27-2013 at 06:30 AM.

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    In keeping with the Fight Club theme:

Nothing is stoic.
    Everything is falling apart.
    [...]
    Maybe self destruction is the answer.

I am Joe's boiling point.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    In keeping with the Fight Club theme:

Nothing is stoic.
    Everything is falling apart.
    [...]
    Maybe self destruction is the answer.

I am Joe's boiling point.
    "Even the Mona Lisa is falling apart" =

Joe - what happened to Jack??!

(I am Jack's Daily Apple).

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    "Even the Mona Lisa is falling apart" =

Joe - what happened to Jack??!
    Hrm, I was looking at my book for quotes - forgot they do away with Joe for the movie.

(I am Jack's Daily Apple).
    Ha!

In a slightly related note, I would be Edward Norton's anythang. I think it's the sad eyes.