Page 4 of 244 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 4

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    A couple things.

Most thermometers are crap. Instead of the temp, keep track and look for trends. Make sure to do same place and time.

Your ravenous hunger is exactly like what happened to the men who underwent the Minnesota starvation experiment. Even months after it was over, most of them could never get enough to eat no matter how much they stuffed themselves. Your body does crazy things under stress.

Im amazed at the amount of food you consistently put down, bravo! You are truly doing your body good.

Check out #whatwouldBillysay? - Blog hes got some really interesting ideas on how much people should really be eating.

Have you tried a spoon of sugar and salt under your tongue when you cant sleep? It worked wonders for me when i was still struggling.

Lastly, i know it is easier said then done byt try not to fight your body so much. Calling yourself fat and whatnot, your body loves you and is just trying to do what it thinks is best. Most women wage war on their bodies trying to force them to be slim by sheer will, your body will always win in the long run so best bet is to give it exactly what it needs and hope it thanks you by doing what it should. Also you are your body so this paragraph sounds funny but you get what im saying.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Hey Knife, btw - I remember reading a post of yours before where you said that when you started Primal you ate solidly for several months... Am I remembering right? Why do you think you did that?
    Not sure what you mean by "solidly". As for nutrient dense, yes. I had no idea I was so deprived of basic vitamins. I was eating a LOT of liver for - I forget now - weeks, or months. And it was an angelic moment the day I realized I didn't want any, I'd saturated my body with B vitamins and more, and my constant urge to eat, eat, eat was suddenly held at bay. My whole body feels heavier now, I am solid, my bones take more work to move through space and my muscles have grown to move them. It's a whole new body!
    Last edited by Knifegill; 03-23-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I just wanted to say that I l-l-love yoou

nihil

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Hey, I just wanted to say that I l-l-love yoou

Awwwwwwww! You're the sweetest Derp.

Btw, your sig
    pull my still beating heart from my chest
    totally reminds me of this Simpons scene:
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Yes! This was my experience too. I've been so emotional about it all too lately and I'm not an emotional person. I'm weeping out of compassion for myself if that makes any sense. Keep up the journal, you make me feel like I have a friend along for this journey
    It makes perfect sense. I've been there many, many times in my life! Not right now though... though I am really starting to see the amount of hatred I have for myself and that does make me quite sad. The crux is that feeling that that is a choice, but because it's one we made over, and over, and over - over many years, means it's deeply ingrained and hard to undo. I've been trying for many years... feels like this is another level! Anyway, very glad to have you as a friend on the journey too I'm eternally grateful to you for starting this whole process. Hugs

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    A couple things.

Most thermometers are crap. Instead of the temp, keep track and look for trends. Make sure to do same place and time.

Your ravenous hunger is exactly like what happened to the men who underwent the Minnesota starvation experiment. Even months after it was over, most of them could never get enough to eat no matter how much they stuffed themselves. Your body does crazy things under stress.

Im amazed at the amount of food you consistently put down, bravo! You are truly doing your body good.

Check out #whatwouldBillysay? - Blog hes got some really interesting ideas on how much people should really be eating.

Have you tried a spoon of sugar and salt under your tongue when you cant sleep? It worked wonders for me when i was still struggling.

Lastly, i know it is easier said then done byt try not to fight your body so much. Calling yourself fat and whatnot, your body loves you and is just trying to do what it thinks is best. Most women wage war on their bodies trying to force them to be slim by sheer will, your body will always win in the long run so best bet is to give it exactly what it needs and hope it thanks you by doing what it should. Also you are your body so this paragraph sounds funny but you get what im saying.
    Hey Zach, thanks so much for the advice. Re. the thermometer - I'll try measuring with another one and see how that goes. But so far the temps are pretty consistent, and they kind of makes sense. I'm always cold, but I'm just used to it. I'll check out that site and I'll put a bowl of salt beside my bed tonight

Ugh, thanks, but I'm still wishing I wasn't eating so much! Every day I keep hoping that I won't feel so hungry, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm giving in to myself, but I'm also still struggling with it. I know hating my body is not helping me at all... but it's so hard not being perfect, you know? I'm aware that's a ridiculous statement, and that no one / nothing is perfect, but that's the programming that I'm contending with.

I really appreciate you taking the time to give me advice and offer support. It's unreal that you and Derp are regarded as trolls on this site - you're both complete sweet hearts. Thank fuck you guys came along or else I would still be eating 3kgs of brazil nuts a week and killing myself with PUFA, ha
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-25-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned

3k brazil nuts?? Talk about salenium overdose!

Remember to add sugar to that bowl of salt. Mix it maybe 4:1 sugar/salt and just use a tsp as soon as you wake up, directly under tongue. If you cant do table sugar for some reason, try honey or dried fruit.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Awwwwwwww! You're the sweetest Derp.

Btw, your sig totally reminds me of this Simpons scene:
    Women are so cruel ;_; I remember that episode, back when the Simpsons was still good
    nihil

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Just stoppin' by to say hi.

I've been reading.

Wishing you all the best. Many hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Just stoppin' by to say hi.

I've been reading.

Wishing you all the best. Many hugs.
    Thanks Graycat I appreciate that. Hugs back to you!

- Ray Peat

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    E.M.T.W.L

Entry Nine: Crash is a beautiful-sounding word

Every day is different. Today some strange things happened:

- "I'm full" signals kicked in for the first time in many, many years.
    - I cried, a lot.
    - I wasn't able to binge.

Normally when I feel pain I turn to food to help me. Today, I was in a perpetual state of choking back tears, but even though I wanted to binge, I literally wasn't able to. I ate less than other days (still a lot), but I feel completely stuffed.

I wonder if new pathways are forming in my brain. Because the overeating is difficult emotionally, is my brain slowly stopping from associating food as a tool to escape from pain?

Sleep:
    Quite good last night: 11.30am - 7am Hopefully more tonight...

Temperature:
    Took it a few times - average temp was 35.85C (96.53F). Tomorrow I'm going to visit my parents for a few days, I'll try taking my temp with thei thermometer and see if it makes any difference.

Exercise:
    I'm discontinuing the exercise section! I don't have the strength right now.

Food:
    CALS |FAT | CARBS | PROT
    3481 | 184.2 | 326.4 | 144.4

Coconut meat, fresh 100 grams
    354 33 15 3
    Egg, whole, fried 3 medium
    228 18 1 16
    Salmon, canned 213 grams
    277 12 0 43
    Creme Fraiche low fat 70 grams
    114 11 3 2
    Mussels, cooked 450 grams
    676 37 20 62
    Fig, raw 240 grams
    178 1 46 2
    Olive oil 5 tablespoon
    597 68 0 0
    Rice, cooked 3 cup, cooked
    638 5 131 13
    Orange, raw 1 medium (2-5/8" dia)
    62 0 15 1
    Honey 3 tablespoon
    192 0 52 0
    Sugar, raw 3 teaspoon
    46 0 12 0
    Banana, raw 1 large (8" to 8-7/8" long)
    121 0 31 1

I had a weird experience at breakfast this morning. I had eaten half a tin of salmon and was finishing my third fried egg, when I heard a very distinctive "Enough". I don't know if other people (with a healthy relationship with food) get this all the time when they eat? It was like my body verbally telling me not to eat any more. So I didn't - I put the rest of the salmon in the fridge.

I NEVER don't finish things... unless I'm restricting. In fact, I never get signals from my body that it's had enough! The only time it happens is when I binge so much that I'm nauseous and in physical pain.

And the thing is, I was still hungry today. So I ate, but every time I had to stop eating cos' I was getting full. That hasn't happened yet on this experiment.

I felt so sad all day that I wanted to binge to make myself feel better. But when I thought about it, I really didn't want to eat more food. In the past, binging gave me a sense of relief and pleasure, and it would give me respite from the pain: until the next morning, when it would transform to crippling depression. Now every meal makes me sad. With every bite of food I'm reminded of where things have come to: this act of desperation, this surrender of all control, this stab in the dark. Food isn't making me feel good.

And at the end of the day:
    I'm dreading seeing my mum tomorrow. She always comments on my appearance and gives me "helpful" suggestions on how I could "look better". The most recent one is something to do with my teeth.? I don't really listen anymore. But I'm terrified she's going to comment on my sudden aging, and weight gain. She's commented on my wrinkles before (told me I "ruined my skin"), but has never given me hassle about my weight. In fact she's always told me I was too thin. My sister used to get the flack from her. My sister also has an ED

To be continued...

- Ray Peat

Page 4 of 244 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast