Page 34 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 34

  1. #331
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,361
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Oh, I thought it had to do with digestion maybe.

    What about the correlation between junk food and depression?
    that too
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  2. #332
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Its definitally about breaking the chain but i also agree with Matt Stone that some peoples guts are so messed up that they cant actually digest "healthy" food because it is usually fibrous or tough or just unprocessed. I dont know about you but veggies, unripe fruit and some meats can give me trouble but i have never once had a problem digesting ice cream or a burger. Plus the fact that they are packed with calories can help when one is eating nothing but meat and veg.

    Of course no one should eat like this forever. I also think that there is junk food and there is food that is not fit for human consumption. A pizza from a decent restaurant would be junk food, taco bells dorito supreme would be food not fit for humans.
    Okay I getcha. I think when I did it I was eating food not fit for human consumption. I lived on cookies and bad quality chocolate. It was very liberating and broke my addiction to junk food, but mood-wise it nearly sent me to a sugary grave...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  3. #333
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    that too
    My new avatar:


    (friends of mine have started "The Paleo Diet" and I'm getting increasingly paranoid they'll unearth me!)
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  4. #334
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,361
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Okay I getcha. I think when I did it I was eating food not fit for human consumption. I lived on cookies and bad quality chocolate. It was very liberating and broke my addiction to junk food, but mood-wise it nearly sent me to a sugary grave...
    I ate 1518g of sugar in a day and lived, there is no sugary grave, merely limbo.
    I'll recant my experience here in this journal:

    It was a very frightening experience I began to slip. I just started to feel myself going, and I remember trying to hold on “'I'll be ok, I'll be ok” and it got to a point where I just couldn't.
    And everything began to just become very quiet and I can remember with every ounce of strength I had, I wanted to say goodbye to my wife. It was important to me.
    And I did, I remember just turning my head and looking at her and saying: “I'm gonna die” “Goodbye Joan”, and I did…
    It was then that I experienced.. experienced what we call a near death experience, for me it was nothing near about it, it was there.
    It was a total immersion in light, brightness, warmth, peace, security
    I did not have an out-of-body-experience, I did not see my body or any one about me… I just immediately went into this beautiful bright light.
    It's difficult to describe, as a matter of fact is impossible to describe, verbally it cannot be expressed, it’s something which becomes you and you become it.
    I could say that I was peace, I was love, I was the brightness, it was part of me.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  5. #335
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I ate 1518g of sugar in a day and lived, there is no sugary grave, merely limbo.
    I'll recant my experience here in this journal:

    It was a very frightening experience I began to slip. I just started to feel myself going, and I remember trying to hold on “'I'll be ok, I'll be ok” and it got to a point where I just couldn't.
    And everything began to just become very quiet and I can remember with every ounce of strength I had, I wanted to say goodbye to my wife. It was important to me.
    And I did, I remember just turning my head and looking at her and saying: “I'm gonna die” “Goodbye Joan”, and I did…
    It was then that I experienced.. experienced what we call a near death experience, for me it was nothing near about it, it was there.
    It was a total immersion in light, brightness, warmth, peace, security
    I did not have an out-of-body-experience, I did not see my body or any one about me… I just immediately went into this beautiful bright light.
    It's difficult to describe, as a matter of fact is impossible to describe, verbally it cannot be expressed, it’s something which becomes you and you become it.
    I could say that I was peace, I was love, I was the brightness, it was part of me.
    Bahahaha!

    Okay. I'll just repeat (more explicitly) that when I when I eat junk it exasperates my depressive tendencies. I eat a few pieces of chocolate now and again, but the memories of that month long frenzy are enough to dissuade me from ever eating cookies again.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  6. #336
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    And for a moment I thought you were an artist...

    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  7. #337
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,361
    best band in the world

    and maybe you just haven't met the right cookie. that special cookie that will sweep you off your feet and make you forget all the bad cookies you've had in life. the cookie you'll want to spend the rest of your life with from the moment you sink your teeth in to it. that one cookie that offers warmth, gooeyness, comfort, a friend, a shoulder to cry on, a lover

    once you find that one cookie, you'll never return to eating meat and veggies again

    Last edited by Derpamix; 04-20-2013 at 11:49 PM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  8. #338
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    That might be relevant, if I actually ate "meat and veggies"
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  9. #339
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,361
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    That might be relevant, if I actually ate "meat and veggies"
    No need to get angry, I don't discriminate against plant matter Cookie Monster has fruit there
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

  10. #340
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    And look where he is now...

    Cookie Monster coulda BEEN somebody!

    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •