Page 33 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 33

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Do you have any hypo symptoms? Unless you got a full thyroid panel, TSH means close to nothing. Im not super versed in gut flora, parasites and bacteria but it seems to me that under an optimal metabolism with a fully functioning thyroid and a high body temp that things seem to just fall in place that previously were a mystery.

I suppose you certainly could have ruined your got flora or your stomach acid production from all that ibuprofen and maybe that allows harmful stuff to flourish but i have not seen that be the case pretty much ever. Not saying it doesnt happen.

What do you eat if everything besides meat and white rice makes you sick?
    I do have almost all of the symptoms. I haven't had a full panel, but I'll put that on my list.

I actually ate nothing but meat, spinach, and green beans for about 4 months (I kid you not) due to the recommendations of a dietitian. The bloating went away for a while, but then it came back (along with insomnia and amenorrhea. Go fucking figure). Since then I have added sweet potatoes, parsnips, and bananas for carbs. They cause bloating and distention but it's clear I can't afford not to eat them and they don't cause any cramping or real pain so I live with it. I can do coconut products in small amounts, nuts in small amounts but I try to avoid them because they give me allergic skin reactions.. I've found I can do other things infrequently - avocado, a tiny bit of onion - without causing cramping. That's pretty much it. And I actually don't eat rice but maybe once per week due to it's nonexistent nutrition profile and I'd rather be bloated with nutrients than slim on pure glucose.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I do have almost all of the symptoms. I haven't had a full panel, but I'll put that on my list.

I actually ate nothing but meat, spinach, and green beans for about 4 months (I kid you not) due to the recommendations of a dietitian. The bloating went away for a while, but then it came back (along with insomnia and amenorrhea. Go fucking figure). Since then I have added sweet potatoes, parsnips, and bananas for carbs. They cause bloating and distention but it's clear I can't afford not to eat them and they don't cause any cramping or real pain so I live with it. I can do coconut products in small amounts, nuts in small amounts but I try to avoid them because they give me allergic skin reactions.. I've found I can do other things infrequently - avocado, a tiny bit of onion - without causing cramping. That's pretty much it. And I actually don't eat rice but maybe once per week due to it's nonexistent nutrition profile and I'd rather be bloated with nutrients than slim on pure glucose.
    I almost guarantee you are hypo and have digestive issues because of it.

What happens when you eat something completely processed like pizza, ice cream or a greasy burger and fries?

Do you handle milk and can you get it raw?

Have you ever tried a no fiber, high carb diet?

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I almost guarantee you are hypo and have digestive issues because of it.

What happens when you eat something completely processed like pizza, ice cream or a greasy burger and fries?

Do you handle milk and can you get it raw?

Have you ever tried a no fiber, high carb diet?
    I will get a full thyroid panel. Is there something else Useful for a diagnosis?

I'm not sure I can answer that second quesfion. The most processes thing I've had in the past two years is a corn torfilla and some chocolate. Why?

I don't eat dairy. And i have essentially been eating a no fiber diet for the past 6 months (carbs between 100-200g per day. Closer to 200g).

Zach is offline Banned
    I will get a full thyroid panel. Is there something else Useful for a diagnosis?

I'm not sure I can answer that second quesfion. The most processes thing I've had in the past two years is a corn torfilla and some chocolate. Why?

I don't eat dairy. And i have essentially been eating a no fiber diet for the past 6 months (carbs between 100-200g per day. Closer to 200g).
    Pretty much everything you listed is pretty fibrous, especially depending on ripeness/cooked. Meat again is a big problem when digestion is concerned. Its almost impossible to fully digest meat and fat if your HCL is low and digestion is slow. Then you get the whole leaky gut and autoimmune stuff happening.

I ask because i really wonder what would happen if you actively ate a certain way for a period of time. A junk food diet. Its helped many people get passed all these issues that really are one big issue of an underactive thyroid which is a big vicious cycle in itself.

I think you need to either do a fuck it, junk food diet or if that is too extreme, do a Peat diet with very low meat and fiber and very high sugar, gelatin and raw dairy. Im guessing you probably wont do either but i think its exactly what you need. There are many more details then that but thats the basics.

There are many tests that may be useful but you said you had the symptoms, that with your gut problems is more then i need. I have seriously seen it hundreds of times with tons of different conditions. You may be a special snowflake and i cant diagnose you from a few posts but chances are you just need a lot more nutrition, sugar and gut rehab. I know its kind of infuriating to go so long with so many problems when the answer might be so simple. Then again it might not be.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Exactly. *eye twitch*

Leaky gut / dysbiosis. I've gotten rid of the arthritis, the headaches, and the depression, but there is still something completely off with my stomach. Pretty much everything I eat except for white rice and perfectly plain meat yields a 4-month pregnant belly and most fruits and vegetables induce severe pain. All of this would point towards fructose malabsorption, SIBO, or candida, but they've all come back negative. H. Pylori too. I'm waiting to take a more comprehensive bacteria and parasite test... I'm running out of answers here.

Good on you for having fun tonight! When you took off your jacket, did you feel cold? If so, that is kind of in line with my "I sweat more when I'm cold" thing. So strange.

...How long has that Chris Kresser quote been in your sig?
    A day It's part of this story:

was in San Diego way back when I was in school, and I was interning with a holistic doctor, and he specialized in, you know, treating people who were dealing with chronic mysterious kind of diseases. And we had a young guy, I think he was like in his early 20s, and he came to us and he was really emaciated, really sick, and just couldn’t eat anything. And, so, the doctor further restricted his diet, and I mean, he got down to the point where he was eating like boneless, skinless chicken breasts, broccoli, and quinoa, I think were the only three foods he was eating. And each time he came back to the office, he was just literally wasting away in front of our eyes. He looked like death. You know, he looked so sick. And he was this young guy, you know, like totally in the prime of his life. So, he disappeared, stopped coming. We didn’t see him for, like, six to seven months, and then he came back to the office and he was literally — We didn’t even recognize him. He looked like a different person. He had gained like 40 pounds, no dark circles under his eyes, really good complexion, you know, looking extremely healthy. And the doctor and I were both like, “Whoa! What happened here? What was it? Was it diet?” And he’s like, “Yeah, it was diet.” And we said, “Well, what was it? The anti-candida diet or the macrobiotic diet? Which one was it?” And he said, “It was the beer and pizza diet!” Ha-ha, and we were like, “What?” And he said, “Yeah. I just got to the point where I thought if I’m gonna die,” which he though he might, “I’m gonna just forget about all these dietary restrictions and have some fun before I check out.” And so, he decided that at three days a week he would go out with his friends and have beer and pizza and the rest of the time he would eat whatever he wanted. And after, you know, several months of doing that, he was completely transformed and completely well. And, you know, there are a lot of caveats to the story, but in his case, I think, a lot of what was happening was social isolation and he had broken up with his girlfriend because she just, you know, couldn’t handle being with him, and there was a lot going on behind the scenes there, and I’m not suggesting that it’s as simple as just, you know, having fun and eating whatever you want. That’s ridiculous. It doesn’t work that way for everybody. But I am suggesting that that’s how powerful the mind and the heart can be in the healing process and that sometimes eating the wrong food with the right attitude is a better choice than eating the right food with the wrong attitude.
    Zach sent it to me ages ago, and it found me at the most opportune moment yesterday. I felt like the beer and pizza guy.

I didn't feel cold when I took off my coat: I barely even took it off my shoulders and I immediately started burning up! I put it back on and I went back to normal temp. So weird. Another thing: I was in the park yesterday and after some time I started to get really, really cold (in spite of it being a lovely day and wearing seven layers), and I suddenly started pumping sweat, which made me colder. Maybe my temp dropped and I started releasing adrenaline... It's all strange.

I didn't realise you were suffering so much with your digestion! That's pretty rough. I think if rice agrees with you you should eat it! It's very easy to digest and there's nothing wrong with eating pure energy. Not everything needs to have an extensive nutrient profile. If your stomach is in such a bad way you're prob not absorbing the nutrients anyway...

Ironically, since starting to dress more warmly, I've developed an eye twitch...! Steve said he has one when his body hits a certain temp and it leaves when he goes beyond it. So bizarre!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    ombat: drink colostrum and eat junk food(serious). think of everything you've wanted to eat for the last 2 years and just eat it. It's not a slip on your diet, eventually you'll gravitate back to the way you prefer to eat w/e that is
    nihil

Derp and Zach:

What's the rationale behind the junk food diet?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    freedom

as human beings we're meant to be resourceful. if grok had access to a donut he'd surely eat it. the entire primal diet is based on a fallacy, albeit a well meaning fallacy.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    freedom

as human beings we're meant to be resourceful. if grok had access to a donut he'd surely eat it. the entire primal diet is based on a fallacy, albeit a well meaning fallacy.
    Oh, I thought it had to do with digestion maybe.

What about the correlation between junk food and depression?

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Oh, I thought it had to do with digestion maybe.

What about the correlation between junk food and depression?
    Its definitally about breaking the chain but i also agree with Matt Stone that some peoples guts are so messed up that they cant actually digest "healthy" food because it is usually fibrous or tough or just unprocessed. I dont know about you but veggies, unripe fruit and some meats can give me trouble but i have never once had a problem digesting ice cream or a burger. Plus the fact that they are packed with calories can help when one is eating nothing but meat and veg.

Of course no one should eat like this forever. I also think that there is junk food and there is food that is not fit for human consumption. A pizza from a decent restaurant would be junk food, taco bells dorito supreme would be food not fit for humans.