Page 234 of 244 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 234

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yep already said this on fb but saying again... Happy birthday lovely! Hope you had an equally lovely day with yg & friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    Aw happy belated birthday!!
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    Hey yb, haven't been here in awhile-- happy belated b-day!!

(I started this post a few days ago, but kept getting pulled away by my daughter, or husband, or work.....)

I loved reading all your reflections.. it's inspiring to me reading about people who follow their heart. I just work and live because at the point where I could've followed my heart, I didn't, and just chose the 'safe' way. It takes a lot of courage to go your own way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Happy birfday!
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Yep already said this on fb but saying again... Happy birthday lovely! Hope you had an equally lovely day with yg & friends.
    Thanks guys!

Wed, 13th Nov

I dont feel so hot health-wise these days. I'm more exhausted than I ever remember feeling. For nearly two weeks now I'm in my PJs at 7.30pm most nights, and a few times I've gone to bed (and to sleep) at 6.30pm. And I'm sleeping... which is not my norm.

Today and yesterday I was ravenous... and craving junk food, which is also new. Really dont know what's happening. My heart rate is A LOT faster than normal (consistently 75bmp lying down at rest), and the beat is stronger. Ugh. Why can't I just be normal? The annoying thing is that my bloods looked fine, so I have no idea what could be causing this.

On a more positive note, I'm amazed at the impact my relationship with YG is having on me.

I actually think that the reason I'm able to go with this at all, is because I feel like I've met an equal. I never bothered seeing things through before, because I never met someone who I connected with like this.

What do you guys think? What was it about your SO that made you want to do things differently, and what did you have to overcome to get there?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 12-22-2013 at 04:48 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Hulky has always made me feel incredibly safe, so despite the fear of what could happen, I trust in that. Occasionally, we'll each voice fears of what would happen if the other cheated, like when he had a nightmare about it. Being on the same page in terms of how we want our relationship to go, how we want to be able to trust each other, and even our fears makes me feel like it's worth continuing to try, despite the fears. Sure, there could be another guy out there that I could match up with like this, but I'm happy with this one . He had to get over fear of commitment to some extent, because his last gf before me was actually a fiancée, but she was being really weird about it & wouldn't tell anyone or wear the ring. I am constantly re-learning to trust in his stability. He is very predictable, but I sometimes imagine he will react in a way totally out of character and let that stop me from communicating.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

moon7 is online now Member
    Happy Birthday!!! hope you had a great day!!!

moon7 is online now Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    Hi moon7--

Don't be scared of fruits! They are not in the same category as muffins or cakes or ice cream. I had a long history of eating disorders, both restricting and binging, and going low carb did not resolve that. Eating high carb did though. I am careful not to eat high fat + high carb together because it's very easy to overeat. When I used to binge on foods, it was always on ice cream, nuts, cake... never just fruit or rice or potatoes.

My experience has shown me that if I just eat fruit, I won't overeat. I would buy a watermelon for dinner and only eat 1/3 of it because I'm full and have no desire for more. I suggest you to experiment with this.

I eat 300-400g carbs daily, and no weight gain, no cravings, better energy.
    Thanks! It is a good idea to lower the fat with higher carbs.

And thanks to Yoga Bare for getting me started on adding more carbs and not being scared of binging!

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

I actually think that the reason I'm able to go with this at all, is because I feel like I've met an equal. I never bothered seeing things through before, because I never met someone who I connected with like this.

What do you guys think? What was it about your SO that made you want to do things differently, and what did you have to overcome to get there?
    I feel just like you do. I feel like I've finally met an equal. I feel a connection to FB guy that I've never felt before. I mean, I've felt connected to other people in the past but never quite like this.

I imagine that there's quite a bit that we need to overcome...haha! But we said yesterday that we wanted true intimacy that we would try to see how far we could get. It will be interesting if nothing else...

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Happy B-Day! Mine was this week too

I don't know if this is helpful, but when I met my husband it was just love at first site and there were no battles to work through. Everything was easy and just fell into place. I worry when I hear about friends working things out, finding compromises etc. While that is great after 10 years of marriage it seems that in the beginning at the very least it should just flow. I've learned that the tiniest things in the beginning just magnify over the years. Nothing goes away! It is easy at first to think something is just a little thing and easy to overlook. I think if the people are right for each other (in a way that can last happily more than just the honeymoon years) then it will feel natural and easy right from the beginning. I hear that you feel like you have your own relationship issues to work through, but as far as your interactions with YG go, it should feel blissfully perfect, like you were born to be together, understand each other, protect each other and most importantly continue growing together. If that is how you are feeling, shove your issues down the toilet and allow yourself to enjoy to love you deserve.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

Side note for others: long distance relationship participant, here!

I've never really thought about it. There's just "something" that keeps me going. We fell in love with eachother's personalities first, and that was very strong. We get along fantastically when in person together. Like Nameless, I also feel very "safe" with him, and incredibly peaceful (when we're not arguing anyway lawl... just kidding. Maybe.)

Because of this, I want to have my chance at literally being "with" him the way normal relationships get to, and see him, live with him. Then, if it fails, I know we actually tried. This long distance thing? It has its ups and downs, but the downs are artificial due to lag-time between trips. We don't play MMOs together anymore, or watch movies online, so there isn't much in between. There are reasons why it's been so long, but I can't really get into them.

I'm overcoming a few people who think I'm wasting my time, and my life (It's coming on 8 years now) but it's MY time, and my life. I have a sense of what I think are good or bad decisions for myself, and I always go with my gut. My gut has been telling me that I need to stick with it, or I will regret it. How can I know if it will (or won't!) work out if I jump ship from impatience?

Positively, I get to focus on my own life this way, separately. Live, work, laugh, have fun. I get to take trips overseas twice a year, something I never imagined myself doing when I was younger.
    Last edited by Nivanthe; 11-14-2013 at 05:16 AM.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Well I have a love story but we aren't together anymore. Would it still count?

YB- super happy for you and diene. I am just trying to keep my head above water in work right now! No time for personal life..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey YB. I am curious what supplements you are taking now. I know your current digestive stuff could be a whole myriad of things (hormonal, emotional, illness, whatever), but what you are intaking is always a good place to start .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).