Page 232 of 244 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 232

moon7 is offline Member
    Thanks so much for your reply YogaBare! I have been binging for years but since I went LC my biges become more severe. I never purged or over-excerisized. During binge I can easly eat 5000 cal every day for 2 weeks. I usually binge on yogurt, honey, fruits and nuts. I am afraid if i eat these foods every day (other than binging time) I would not be able to control my self.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moon7 View Post
    Thanks so much for your reply YogaBare! I have been binging for years but since I went LC my biges become more severe. I never purged or over-excerisized. During binge I can easly eat 5000 cal every day for 2 weeks. I usually binge on yogurt, honey, fruits and nuts. I am afraid if i eat these foods every day (other than binging time) I would not be able to control my self.
    No worries Moon

My binging started when I went vegetarian, but it was the worst it's ever been when I was low carb. Sometimes I would binge on nuts - once I even ate 1 kg in an evening. Gross. I think it was for the carbs... I'd also binge on full fat greek yogurt; often I'd eat 1 kg a day.

What's your diet like when you're not binging?

Do you like tea? A lot of the time I'll have food, then drink a sugary tea afterwards, and it alleviates any cravings I have.

Hope you feel better!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

moon7 is offline Member
    OMG , that's how I binge: two 32 oz containers of greek yogurt with raw honey mixed in, smoothies with frozen cherries and yogurt, mac nuts by the bags (yes I have eaten two 10 oz bags on some days), 10 almond flour pancakes with some honey on top. Frozen bananas "ice=cream", basically anything creamy, fatty and sweet!

When I don't binge I eat lots of meat (wild salmon, lamb, turkey), eggs, LC veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, onions, peppers, some yogurt, ghee, EVOO, bone broth. I have been doing alternative day fasting (JUDDD) as well, on and of because sometimes the binging makes it impossible for me to do. I just quit JUDDD again this morning as I really need to get this binging under control. I can't count calories and and heal myself from binging. I do pretty well in the non-PMS time of the month but other than that I have at least 2-3 weeks a month of horrible binges
    No, I don't do well with coffee or tea but I do drink some herbal teas like ginger and peppermint.

Today I made some butternut squash and it was very satisfying. I am still scared of fruits.

OMG , that's how I binge: two 32 oz containers of greek yogurt with raw honey mixed in, smoothies with frozen cherries and yogurt, mac nuts by the bags (yes I have eaten two 10 oz bags on some days), 10 almond flour pancakes with some honey on top. Frozen bananas "ice=cream", basically anything creamy, fatty and sweet!

When I don't binge I eat lots of meat (wild salmon, lamb, turkey), eggs, LC veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, onions, peppers, some yogurt, ghee, EVOO, bone broth. I have been doing alternative day fasting (JUDDD) as well, on and of because sometimes the binging makes it impossible for me to do. I just quit JUDDD again this morning as I really need to get this binging under control. I can't count calories and and heal myself from binging. I do pretty well in the non-PMS time of the month but other than that I have at least 2-3 weeks a month of horrible binges
    No, I don't do well with coffee or tea but I do drink some herbal teas like ginger and peppermint.

Today I made some butternut squash and it was very satisfying. I am still scared of fruits.
    Aw Moon... no wonder you're binging. You're starving yourself every second day, and restricting carbs when you do eat. Listen, I fully believe that some people can do okay on low carb diets, but if you're binging it's a key sign that you're not one of them.

Why are you scared of fruit? Insulin spikes? Think it will make you fat? Honestly, I never got super skinny low carbing. But in just a month of being vegan I was gaunt. For me, low fat is a much more effective way to be thin. You wont put on weight eating high carb if you lower your fat intake. You just have to choose.

Right now, eating a Peat diet, I'm eating more thatn 2.3k cals a day. I'm currently 134 lbs, 5'8. If I eat less than that, I lose weight. I havent restricted in months, and I dont binge. The freedom is unbelievable. I have peace with food.

Are you trying to lose fat? Battling BED whilst being unhappy with your weight seem to go hand-in-hand.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Return from Wonderland.

I'm emerging.

The last seven days have been filled with inner chaos. It is a familiar cycle. I go into the dark recesses of myself and question everything... my meaning, my existence, my sanity. I return - not with answers... but with insight.

Career / purpose

I'm work in a creative field, and have been freelance for five years now. Since finishing my last project I've been looking for regular, part time work, but nothing has come up. In a way, I think I'm blocking it. I cannot resolve is the dichotomy of being free, and needing stability. Too much freedom and I have no structure to grow from (there's only so much I can self motivate); not much structure and I feel trapped.

I struggle with getting a regular, part time job. I could take a menial job to get me out of the house, but it feels wrong to have a job that just fill the hours of my day brings in a paltry amount of money. I dont mind working part-time in yoga because I respect it, but other that that there are so few things I believe in.

I want to create something meaningful that has an outlet, but my industry is full of bull-shit and the art is often meaningless. When I feel very cynical I even view the good stuff as a commodity to alleviate people's boredom as they mindlessly click on their laptops. These are some of the thoughts I wallow in when in Wonderland...

When I emerge I have a renewed sense of motivation, but it's mostly because I have rested a lot. I have not resolved the answers within myself. I still dont know what to do. I will continue doing what I've done in the past: working on my own projects, doing freelance work, vaguely looking for a part-time job until I crash and re-question everything again. I want to do something different this time. I want to be part of something that still affords me freedom.

What's occurring to me is that I'm mistaking my role. I'm not a follower, but I'm not a leader either. I'm somewhere on the periphery. I think I undervalue the body of work I have created. Perhaps I need to gather myself together, then attach to an organisation who will support me (ie. believe in me, get me regular work). Or something

Relationships

Love does not make you happier. I thought that when you meet someone you receive a check-marked box of happiness, but stability is an illusion. Unless you become content with how things are, you can never be happy. You will always grasp for more. It's difficult not to when you fall in love with someone, because you become addicted to them, and the hits are never sufficient.

Conclusion

I realise now with relationships and career, there is no end point; no goal; no place that we achieve happiness and then rest. There is only a journey, which differs for every person. Right now, I am trying to figure out how to assimilate my journey (understanding myself, and the world around me) into the practical aspect of having a life.

I've been "going with the flow", day-by-day for a long time now... I need to do something different, but I'm not sure what that is.

- Ray Peat

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Return from Wonderland.
    I'm work in a creative field, and have been freelance for five years now. Since finishing my last project I've been looking for regular, part time work, but nothing has come up. In a way, I think I'm blocking it. I cannot resolve is the dichotomy of being free, and needing stability. Too much freedom and I have no structure to grow from (there's only so much I can self motivate); not much structure and I feel trapped.

I think I undervalue the body of work I have created. Perhaps I need to gather myself together, then attach to an organisation who will support me (ie. believe in me, get me regular work). Or something
    Hah, we are entirely the opposite ... I feel comfortable in my corporate, stable job, and am afraid to venture out into freelance. I'm an artsy gal, and I feel like it's just... died from not being used. My best friend gets frustrated because he knows I have talent, and am just being too hard on myself. I'm currently making coffee to spend my day today in CodeSchool to brush up on all these new languages and fill in the foundation that was so badly taught to me in college. I know code as it applies to my job -- which is great, but not so great.

My BF is fantastic at creativity and design (and, not just my jaded opinion, hah; but it's one of the things that has almost held MYSELF back ... how could I be as good? etc.)

He currently has a job as a developer for a change, but still freelances his design work. His most "fruitful" contracts are with those companies who he has essentially "attached" himself to, like you said above. He gets regular work from them now, but at a much higher price than normal freelance gigs. He's successful because he's one of the most self-driven people I know. I've realized recently that in my immediate circle, I surround myself with these 'driven' types of people, now I need to take after them.

Good luck YB... I've also been going with the flow, and it's been comfortable, but I'm not at the best place I could be. Journey is a great word. My "different" is not taking my weekends and being lazy, it's applying myself to learn new things to be comfortable with venturing out on my own. Money is still the end-game of my current situation and I'm fortunate enough to have freelancing as an outlet, so now to use it!

moon7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Aw Moon... no wonder you're binging. You're starving yourself every second day, and restricting carbs when you do eat. Listen, I fully believe that some people can do okay on low carb diets, but if you're binging it's a key sign that you're not one of them.

Why are you scared of fruit? Insulin spikes? Think it will make you fat? Honestly, I never got super skinny low carbing. But in just a month of being vegan I was gaunt. For me, low fat is a much more effective way to be thin. You wont put on weight eating high carb if you lower your fat intake. You just have to choose.

Right now, eating a Peat diet, I'm eating more thatn 2.3k cals a day. I'm currently 134 lbs, 5'8. If I eat less than that, I lose weight. I havent restricted in months, and I dont binge. The freedom is unbelievable. I have peace with food.

Are you trying to lose fat? Battling BED whilst being unhappy with your weight seem to go hand-in-hand.
    I am 5'4" and currently 133. I was 124 a week ago till my last binge. I put so much weight in a week. I am happy anywhere from 120-125 and was at goal few time but becuase of binging I lose and gain the same 15 lbs.
    I know that JUDDD can be bad for bingers but I was off JUDDD for few months just doing LC and was still binging. I am now starting to accept that LC and JUDDD is not best for me becuase of restrictions.
    Oh, the reason I am scared of fruits is that I binge on them when I am in my binging mode. That's the only reason I am afraid of them. I just have to change my whole thought process and start eating fruits every day in normal quantities so I don't have to eat 10 bananas a day when I binge. I am working on adding more carbs in. But I over-eate already this morning. I had a binge on almond muffins and now I just want to eat more carbs. I am scared that I will keep on bining on carbs everyday if I eat them everyday. How do I eat them in normal quantiy? Will this come with time? Do I just let myself have a party with carbs? The problem is I am trying to lose weight at the same time and heal myself from binging.
    Last edited by moon7; 11-09-2013 at 08:59 AM.

I am 5'4" and currently 133. I was 124 a week ago till my last binge. I put so much weight in a week. I am happy anywhere from 120-125 and was at goal few time but becuase of binging I lose and gain the same 15 lbs.
    I know that JUDDD can be bad for bingers but I was off JUDDD for few months just doing LC and was still binging. I am now starting to accept that LC and JUDDD is not best for me becuase of restrictions.
    Oh, the reason I am scared of fruits is that I binge on them when I am in my binging mode. That's the only reason I am afraid of them. I just have to change my whole thought process and start eating fruits every day in normal quantities so I don't have to eat 10 bananas a day when I binge. I am working on adding more carbs in. But I over-eate already this morning. I had a binge on almond muffins and now I just want to eat more carbs. I am scared that I will keep on bining on carbs everyday if I eat them everyday. How do I eat them in normal quantiy? Will this come with time? Do I just let myself have a party with carbs? The problem is I am trying to lose weight at the same time and heal myself from binging.
    Don't worry about that weight gain! It's mostly water weight and undigested food sitting in your intestine. You'll lose it as quickly as you put it on - I promise <3

The only reason you are binging on carbs is because you dont eat enough of them every day! I bet if you allowed yourself to eat as much fruit as you wanted the desire to binge on it would quickly fade. What would you think of eating mostly fruit for two days, just to see how you feel?

Almond muffins are carbs sure, but they're also packed full with fat and other ingredients, which makes them very addictive. I wouldnt compare them to fruit. If I was to go on a carb party I would eat loads of fruit, low fat dairy, honey, maple syrup, sugar. I bet that would alleviate your cravings. Do you think it's something you could try? Remember that fruit is probably the healthiest food you can eat...

- Ray Peat

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    I am 5'4" and currently 133. I was 124 a week ago till my last binge. I put so much weight in a week.
    I can't comment on the binging because I have no experience with that, so I won't even try and suggest methods... (But, I wish you the best in recovering!)

However, hopefully it's a good thing to know that the above 10-11lbs is not (all) fat... it is impossible to gain that much in just a week. A good bit of it is the water you're holding, the actual weight of the foods, and whatever else is stuck in your system from previous meals/days.

Stand on a scale, then have a friend hand you 2lbs of food. The scale now shows you weigh 2lbs more. It's the same idea when you eat the massive amount of food you had binged on.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    Good luck YB... I've also been going with the flow, and it's been comfortable, but I'm not at the best place I could be. Journey is a great word. My "different" is not taking my weekends and being lazy, it's applying myself to learn new things to be comfortable with venturing out on my own. Money is still the end-game of my current situation and I'm fortunate enough to have freelancing as an outlet, so now to use it!
    It's pretty tricky to see the difference between "going with the flow" (positive) and "being the dead fish that swims with the stream" I think when you go with teh flow, you're open to change, because life is change. It requires constant readjustments - mentally, physically, spiritually. I'm trying... but it's hard when you dont have the answers.

Damn you, life! [shakes fist]

I know a lot of people in your situation, and I see how hard it is to take that leap. All I can say is that it depends what's more important to you: comfortably, or all the good and bad things that following your dreams will bring.

I know I would have always regretted it if I didnt follow my heart.

- Ray Peat