Page 227 of 244 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 227

  1. #2261
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,403
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Really? It sounds like an absurd claim that you can't get pregnant if a man doesn't ejaculate inside your lady business? Pre-cum contains no sperm. It can only carry latent sperm from the urethra. If you pee, the urethra gets washed out, and you don't have to worry about pre-cum. Only the real stuff gets you pregnant.
    This is contrary to everything I was ever taught, but what you say makes sense. It also matches with my real-life experience earlier this year, when I had a miscarriage but there hadn't been any internal ejaculation. He usually pees right after, but I guess he didn't that time, or he'd taken care of things solo earlier and not gone to the bathroom.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

  2. #2262
    oceangrl's Avatar
    oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post

    I was trying to avoid a commentary on anyone's bladder-emptying habits. I definitely pee on Fridays. No worries.
    Phew!

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

  3. #2263
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,471
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    This is contrary to everything I was ever taught
    Yeah, the condom people and the abstinence people both like perpetrating that lie. It's one of the few things they agree on.

  4. #2264
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Really? It sounds like an absurd claim that you can't get pregnant if a man doesn't ejaculate inside your lady business? Pre-cum contains no sperm. It can only carry latent sperm from the urethra. If you pee, the urethra gets washed out, and you don't have to worry about pre-cum. Only the real stuff gets you pregnant.
    Hey, I'm down with this! Anything to have sex without a condom...

    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yes.

    Sorry to be blunt but I am not sure why any sane person would say "I feel too much for this person. Time to go."
    Well, my sanity is always under question, so there's that..

    But seriously, I am fine with a guy needing his own space. What I dont like is this presumption that it's a purely male thing. I feel like a guy gets almost defensive in thinking that a woman is infringing on HIS space. He projects a lot, and then he puts up these walls... when really, I need a lot of space too, but I go about it in a different way.

    Instead of addressing this in an accusatory way ("What's wrong with you?"), maybe I could talk to him about generally how much space we need in a relationship? Probably guys will think there's no need to talk about it, but honestly, I'm sick of not being direct with my partners. The guess work / mind games are horribly frustrating to me.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  5. #2265
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,471
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    sex without a condom...
    I know. It's the only kind there should ever be. The other way is like swimming with a raincoat on.

  6. #2266
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I know. It's the only kind there should ever be. The other way is like swimming with a raincoat on.
    Haha Withdrawal has a downside too though... (warning - TMI?): I love it when a guy I really fancy comes inside me. There's something really primal about it...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  7. #2267
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Instead of addressing this in an accusatory way ("What's wrong with you?"), maybe I could talk to him about generally how much space we need in a relationship? Probably guys will think there's no need to talk about it, but honestly, I'm sick of not being direct with my partners. The guess work / mind games are horribly frustrating to me.
    Well, that would certainly be refreshing. Talking about it definitely makes sense. The issue is that sometimes 'how much space' is difficult to express. That said, directness is great. Hopefully he can articulate it.

  8. #2268
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,471
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Haha Withdrawal has a downside too though... (warning - TMI?): I love it when a guy I really fancy comes inside me. There's something really primal about it...
    Yeah, there's something primal about getting knocked up too. You always have the piehole and the leather cheerio for that, I guess.

  9. #2269
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, that would certainly be refreshing. Talking about it definitely makes sense. The issue is that sometimes 'how much space' is difficult to express. That said, directness is great. Hopefully he can articulate it.
    Yeah, a lot of the time me and him talk about things very indirectly ("sometimes someone thinks" etc.). We both know that we're talking about us, but we walk on egg shells, and it's tiring. I know women have the rep for being indirect but I honestly think men are just as bad...

    If you could choose a way for your wife to bring up a conversation about space with you, how would you like her to address it?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  10. #2270
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Yeah, a lot of the time me and him talk about things very indirectly ("sometimes someone thinks" etc.). We both know that we're talking about us, but we walk on egg shells, and it's tiring. I know women have the rep for being indirect but I honestly think men are just as bad...

    If you could choose a way for your wife to bring up a conversation about space with you, how would you like her to address it?
    I like directness. That said, I have to be able to respond with directness. My current wife is great about that. She appreciates honesty even if she does not like the answer. My ex - not so much. I had to couch everything in ways as to not hurt her feelings. Frankly, I'd rather not bother. Of course, how much space do you need? is not easy for me to answer. Basically it came down to "You know when I need space. Give it to me."

    Frankly, it sounds as if the dude is unsure what a safe response is. He has to be comfortable knowing you wont flip a psycho switch if he says the wrong thing. That or he is going to stay indirect in which case you should probably drop his ass now.

    TL;DR be direct but be sure he knows you want directness too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •