Page 224 of 244 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 224

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    YB,
    Are you trying to lower ferritin on purpose? Just wondering if there is something about that I don't know. I've always been on the low end and wishing it would go up a bit. I know excess iron isn't good but are we supposed to keep it extra low?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Wow, that estrogen drop is HUGE!!! Keep it up
    Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    I had some cottage cheese and honey for an afternoon snack, even if I wasn't terribly in the mood for it, I was hungry. Instantly was pleased with my decision, it was fantastic.

Awesome about the bloodwork!!
    All hail the cottage cheese I love it. Try it with maple syrup!!

And thank you

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    YB,
    Are you trying to lower ferritin on purpose? Just wondering if there is something about that I don't know. I've always been on the low end and wishing it would go up a bit. I know excess iron isn't good but are we supposed to keep it extra low?
    Not at all - it was unintentional but I had the feeling it was happening. I started losing tons of hair. It arrested slightly when I started eating more meat, but if I get lazy and don't eat red meat 2-3 times per week it seems to start shedding again.

There's a lot of controversy about Ray Peat and iron.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    You definitely should keep journaling. See how everything is falling into place for you? That's great news all around!

I hope your anxiety has dissipated by now, and fuck the downward spirals.

That Sigur Rós video was awesome. Makes me wanna dance half nekid in some abandoned building at twilight...or dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    You definitely should keep journaling. See how everything is falling into place for you? That's great news all around!

I hope your anxiety has dissipated by now, and fuck the downward spirals.

That Sigur Rós video was awesome. Makes me wanna dance half nekid in some abandoned building at twilight...or dawn
    Thanks Gray I'm literally stunned that this condition has reversed so rapidly.

Btw, when do we get to see another bootie shot? You deleted the last pic before I could comment.

Friday, 1st Nov

Weird day. I felt blue and tired, for no reason. I was meant to go out tonight, but I came home and fell asleep. I'm also craving sugar like crazy.

It's only day nine of my cycle... I hope my body is not doing a hormonal skitz-out and that I'm not suddenly ovulating, because I had unprotected sex two days ago But if my fertility has returned, and I'm on a 24 day cycle, then technically I could be ovulating now as you're meant to ovulate approx 16 days before your bleed. I need to pay more attention to this fertility charting now...

I predict that there's going to be a lot of "OMG I think I'm pregnant!!!" now that I'm having sex again as it's my biggest nightmare. I dont want kids period, but definitely not now. I dont even want to list the options I would have if I did get pregnant, because there aren't many. I wonder if you can buy bumper packs of pregnancy tests...

In other news, I dont know what happened, but since Monday I have been eating like a pig. I'm starving all the time, but nothing seems to be happening with weight gain. I dont know if it's linked, but Monday was the day me and YG had our mutual "we're really happy and excited with how this is going" talk. Does love speed up your metabolism? And reading this back, yes, it sounds like I'm pregnant...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    O_o pregnancy is also my biggest fear.

No sort of contraceptive device works for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    O_o pregnancy is also my biggest fear.

No sort of contraceptive device works for you?
    We've been using condoms, but when I got my period we went into "safe time". It's so much nicer not using condoms...

My friend has been using the rhythm method for three years with her boyfriend... during her ovulatory phase they just dont have sex as much, and when they do, he pulls out. It's worked so far for her...

I dont know if I have the nerves for it though. I have to see how things continue to go with him, but I'd probably consider the IUD. Shudder.

How old are you again Turquoise? I'm going to be 32 next week... at this age I feel like you-know-whats shouldnt be a consideration, but there's no way I'm getting saddled with a kid.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 11-01-2013 at 03:23 PM.

- Ray Peat

I am 25. No kid ever for me. I already helped raise 2 and I was an art teacher for 5-6 yr olds at a part time Chinese school. I love kids I just don't have the time to dedicate to a kid...

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Love these.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I am 25. No kid ever for me. I already helped raise 2 and I was an art teacher for 5-6 yr olds at a part time Chinese school. I love kids I just don't have the time to dedicate to a kid...
    I feel you. I'm not cut out to be a mother. Maybe if I had a stay-at-home husband and loads of nannies (and money) it would be okay...

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Love these.

I feel you. I'm not cut out to be a mother. Maybe if I had a stay-at-home husband and loads of nannies (and money) it would be okay...
    For some reason i feel like if I had a kid I need to be a mom to them and spend tons of time on them... Nanny or not....

That was a huge point of contention between me & the 3 yr ex. He wanted kids and he knew I didn't.

------

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Well, I got some GREAT news today. Received my latest blood tests, and things so much better! In fact, I think these results mean I'm no longer Oestrogen Dominant!!!!!!!

The stupid doctors forgot to take my vit D, prolactin, FSH, and LH, so I'll need more tests for this, but here goes:

Bloods were taken on day 24 of a 24 day cycle, so luteal phase.

Progesterone is still low - but only just outside range! Mine is 5, range is 5.3 -> 86
    Oestrogen - HUGE improvement here!!!! I cant believe it. Mine is 218; range is 161 -> 774. At my first set of tests, my Oestrogen was 2028!!!
    Cortisol is still high - 669; range is 200 - 600.
    Slight improvement in T4 - 13.4 (from 12.4). Range is 12 - 22.
    TSH is raising slightly... Gone up to 1.6 from 1.42. Need to keep an eye on this. Have gotten cysts on my forehead for the last two cycles... wonder if it's related?

Total Cholesterol is down to 7 (last time it was 8ish). They didnt do the breakdown.
    Ferritin is down to 20 from 35. No surprises there... Range is 10 - 160.

And all I've done is used Ray Peat's progesterone oil, followed his dietary suggestions, and taken liquid Vit D.

All in all: I am very happy today
    OMG, this is wonderful news!! I'm so happy to hear it. Yay!! You also take RX progesterone, right? Or just progest-e?

Going to reply to your FB PM soon, LOL life.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams