Page 223 of 244 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 223

  1. #2221
    Nivanthe's Avatar
    Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    What thyroid were you on? As you know, I had a bad reaction to raw thyroid. Apparently I was just taking too much, but I'm reticent to start taking it again... I feel better and better every month, so why mess with something that's not broken? You're hypo though right? Is it possible that you were taking too much?
    I was on Armour -- but starting with 15mg, and then 30. Both are really low starting doses, from what I understand? A few days in, and i'm basically back to normal on brain/thought function. Thank goodness!!

    I never felt *bad* before, but it was the lack of weight loss that spurred me to going to the doctors. I'm with you ... why fix what isn't broken? Theoretically I had mild hashi's and I assume hypothyroid, but nothing was terribly out of range besides TSH maybe.

    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I bet eating Peat is helping with the energy levels etc anyway And YAY on the weight loss!!! It's a great feeling, isnt it? I was so happy when I weighed in yesterday

    I'm so glad my journal inspired you to lay the foundation for change. Change is awesome. I love it.
    Definitely a great feeling! It was so discouraging before. Peat etc is definitely helping, though i've been slacking on the dairy products besides the milk in my (now sugared!) coffee. My cottage cheese had started to grow mold because I forgot about it, so I tossed it. Have finally added in ground beef (and enjoying an awesome korean beef recipe, yum)

    Journaling could be helping your mood. I feel better telling [someone] about whatever is bugging me, and then it doesn't bug me as much -- vs letting it stew and that only bugs me more! I hear ya on the lack of productivity. Another reason why I can't wait to move out of this apartment and into my future one in a few months, i'm convinced this one sucks the energy right out of me.

  2. #2222
    turquoisepassion's Avatar
    turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NYC (and ATX)
    Posts
    2,743
    I paint my nails, put on a facial mask, put my phone in the other room, and watch a Bollywood movie on netflix. That is my "me" time and I can't be reached at that time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

    My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


    Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

    " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

  3. #2223
    PaleoMom's Avatar
    PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Thanks PM

    I actually buy full fat milk and then dilute it with water! It removes the processing of store-bought low fat milk, tastes a lot better , and is half the price

    Have you tried your pituitary sup yet?
    Yes, I'm almost through the bottle and haven't noticed a difference yet. I've started maca this week. I'm hoping that might give a boost to my hormones too. It does seem to be giving me some energy and a bit of extra warmth

  4. #2224
    j3nn's Avatar
    j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,708
    I wish I had some advice for your anxiety, YB, but I've been going through an extremely stressful stretch myself; it's like you and I live parallel lives! I've been stuck in the same loop for a while too. I know what all of the solutions are, but just can't implement them, as if I'm paralysed by anxiety. It's not something diet can fix or even sleeping; it's the weight of a busy mind in the waking hours. This is the chronic stress we're supposed to avoid. Le sigh. Being productive is a good distraction, but it's so easy to feel ADD when your mind is racing and stress is high, which makes productivity nonexistent no matter how much you want to get things done or make progress with something. Like I said, paralysed...

    I can offer this from the brilliant mind of my husband: He says that he has to be actively working on the solution. He can't talk about or think about it--whatever it may be. He just has to do it. If he allows himself to think about or talk about the problem, he too becomes paralysed by the situation, which prevents him from working towards the solution. Also, he tries to avoid over-thinking to avoid self-fulfilling prophecies, e.g., what if something goes wrong to burst my bubble? We create what we fear, and so on.

    I know he's right, but emotions override logic. Emotions are such a terrible design flaw in humans! haha j/k
    Last edited by j3nn; 10-30-2013 at 01:56 PM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

  5. #2225
    naiadknight's Avatar
    naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Odessa/ Midland, TX
    Posts
    12,037
    Generally, when I reach that stage of anxiety/ depression, I know it's time to pull back from the world and spend some time with me/ my journal. I have (probably hundreds by now) rants and crying jags in journals here. Somehow it's cathartic for me to write and cry/ scream/ rage at the same time. I'm getting the emotion out and making it into words that make sense at the same time.
    There are also times where I quite literally need to run from the emotions. It's the only time I run. I'll run with tears streaming down my face, blubbering to the wind. Something about the forced measure of airflow into my lungs and the wind against the tear tracks breaks that record of "I am nothing, no one can love nothing" and I can move forward.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

  6. #2226
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Heeeeey ladies

    Since I wrote that last entry I feel so much better... Kind of crazy. Guess I need to keep journalling!

    I've embraced my broken attention span, and have watched some amazing short videos. I guess no one ever watches the things I link, but if you fancy some breathtaking beauty, watch these (warning: may arouse you! )

    Sigur Rós: Valtari - NOWNESS

    Pilobolus: A dance of "Symbiosis" | Video on TED.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    I was on Armour -- but starting with 15mg, and then 30. Both are really low starting doses, from what I understand? A few days in, and i'm basically back to normal on brain/thought function. Thank goodness!!

    I never felt *bad* before, but it was the lack of weight loss that spurred me to going to the doctors. I'm with you ... why fix what isn't broken? Theoretically I had mild hashi's and I assume hypothyroid, but nothing was terribly out of range besides TSH maybe.

    Definitely a great feeling! It was so discouraging before. Peat etc is definitely helping, though i've been slacking on the dairy products besides the milk in my (now sugared!) coffee. My cottage cheese had started to grow mold because I forgot about it, so I tossed it. Have finally added in ground beef (and enjoying an awesome korean beef recipe, yum)

    Journaling could be helping your mood. I feel better telling [someone] about whatever is bugging me, and then it doesn't bug me as much -- vs letting it stew and that only bugs me more! I hear ya on the lack of productivity. Another reason why I can't wait to move out of this apartment and into my future one in a few months, i'm convinced this one sucks the energy right out of me.
    That's interesting you say that about your apartment... I used to feel like that about places. It might be the reason that I moved more than 20 times in eight years..! But now I've been in the same place for more than a year: I hated living here for most of my time, but now I love it. All that changed was my attitude to the place...

    That's just me though! I needed to learn to stop running from things. Some people need to move more.

    It's so interesting that you feel better without the meds... worth exploring! Keep monitoring yourself closely and see what happens.

    LOL. I cant live without dairy now. Every meal of the day has dairy in it! And to think I used to be vegan...

    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I wish I had some advice for your anxiety, YB, but I've been going through an extremely stressful stretch myself; it's like you and I live parallel lives! I've been stuck in the same loop for a while too. I know what all of the solutions are, but just can't implement them, as if I'm paralysed by anxiety. It's not something diet can fix or even sleeping; it's the weight of a busy mind in the waking hours. This is the chronic stress we're supposed to avoid. Le sigh. Being productive is a good distraction, but it's so easy to feel ADD when your mind is racing and stress is high, which makes productivity nonexistent no matter how much you want to get things done or make progress with something. Like I said, paralysed...

    I can offer this from the brilliant mind of my husband: He says that he has to be actively working on the solution. He can't talk about or think about it--whatever it may be. He just has to do it. If he allows himself to think about or talk about the problem, he too becomes paralysed by the situation, which prevents him from working towards the solution. Also, he tries to avoid over-thinking to avoid self-fulfilling prophecies, e.g., what if something goes wrong to burst my bubble? We create what we fear, and so on.

    I know he's right, but emotions override logic. Emotions are such a terrible design flaw in humans! haha j/k
    I'm sorry to hear you've been stressed too Jenn. Do you know if anything triggered it?

    In some ways, believing in the interconnectness of all things makes dealing with stress more difficult. I feel so attuned to other people, and I know that they can feel me on a subconscious level too; so our inner world resonates across the world.

    I have this theory about upward and downward spirals: and it ties in with what your husband is saying. Life generates from a head space; and if your head space is good; positive outcomes ensue. If your mind is negative; you tend to make poorer decisions and go on to a downward spiral.

    Part of the key is to look at your life in a wider context and to see that negative days or weeks are trivial in the grand scheme of things; if you can acknowledge them, and let them go. The problem is that we get attached. In my case I still get afraid that I'm going to slip back into the darkness I lived in for most of my life... but the more time that goes by, the more confident I am this is not going to happen.

    On a final note: have you had your cortisol checked? LOL I tried taking rhidola (cant spell) a few times but it made me groggy.

    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Generally, when I reach that stage of anxiety/ depression, I know it's time to pull back from the world and spend some time with me/ my journal. I have (probably hundreds by now) rants and crying jags in journals here. Somehow it's cathartic for me to write and cry/ scream/ rage at the same time. I'm getting the emotion out and making it into words that make sense at the same time.
    There are also times where I quite literally need to run from the emotions. It's the only time I run. I'll run with tears streaming down my face, blubbering to the wind. Something about the forced measure of airflow into my lungs and the wind against the tear tracks breaks that record of "I am nothing, no one can love nothing" and I can move forward.
    Thanks for sharing that Naia. I've read bits of your journal, and some of your posts from when you used to write on the main forum. I can relate to so much of what you say.

    The anxiety is a new thing for me. My depression lifted a few months ago (when I started Progesterone treatment), and it revealed anxiety underneath. I realised I have always felt that, but it was suppressed and became depression. The mistake I made with dealing with depression was turning in too much (ruminating). I think anxiety might be the opposite though - it requires inner stillness.

    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  7. #2227
    PaleoMom's Avatar
    PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Heeeeey ladies

    Since I wrote that last entry I feel so much better... Kind of crazy. Guess I need to keep journalling!

    I've embraced my broken attention span, and have watched some amazing short videos. I guess no one ever watches the things I link, but if you fancy some breathtaking beauty, watch these (warning: may arouse you! )

    Sigur Rós: Valtari - NOWNESS

    Pilobolus: A dance of "Symbiosis" | Video on TED.com


    Those are both quite beautiful. My hubby is a big Sigur Ros fan

  8. #2228
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Those are both quite beautiful. My hubby is a big Sigur Ros fan
    So glad you enjoyed them!

    Well, I got some GREAT news today. Received my latest blood tests, and things so much better! In fact, I think these results mean I'm no longer Oestrogen Dominant!!!!!!!

    The stupid doctors forgot to take my vit D, prolactin, FSH, and LH, so I'll need more tests for this, but here goes:

    Bloods were taken on day 24 of a 24 day cycle, so luteal phase.

    Progesterone is still low - but only just outside range! Mine is 5, range is 5.3 -> 86
    Oestrogen - HUGE improvement here!!!! I cant believe it. Mine is 218; range is 161 -> 774. At my first set of tests, my Oestrogen was 2028!!!
    Cortisol is still high - 669; range is 200 - 600.
    Slight improvement in T4 - 13.4 (from 12.4). Range is 12 - 22.
    TSH is raising slightly... Gone up to 1.6 from 1.42. Need to keep an eye on this. Have gotten cysts on my forehead for the last two cycles... wonder if it's related?

    Total Cholesterol is down to 7 (last time it was 8ish). They didnt do the breakdown.
    Ferritin is down to 20 from 35. No surprises there... Range is 10 - 160.

    And all I've done is used Ray Peat's progesterone oil, followed his dietary suggestions, and taken liquid Vit D.

    All in all: I am very happy today
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  9. #2229
    PaleoMom's Avatar
    PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    744
    Wow, that estrogen drop is HUGE!!! Keep it up

  10. #2230
    Nivanthe's Avatar
    Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    475
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    LOL. I cant live without dairy now. Every meal of the day has dairy in it! And to think I used to be vegan...
    I had some cottage cheese and honey for an afternoon snack, even if I wasn't terribly in the mood for it, I was hungry. Instantly was pleased with my decision, it was fantastic.

    Awesome about the bloodwork!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •