Page 222 of 244 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 222

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yay YB!! Sex all day, sign me up! LOL

I've had a few fluctuations in my progress. Weight-wise, going great, and I can't complain. Period going on atm, so I'm not going to weigh myself til it's over, haha.

On a thyroid note, I've actually stopped taking it because of how terribly it has been affecting me mentally. I mean, brain fog, short-term memory loss, it was ridiculous, and all ramped up until last week I had a few really bad episodes that had me going through what I have added in the last few months. This all works out well from a monetary standpoint too because, yeah not affording all of this at the moment, especially considering I was WAY better off before.

All the weight progress has been due to changing up my eating and exercising, so meh. Now, my memory and clear thinking is back too, with NO thyroid supplementation. Onwards and upwards.

Your journal has been one of the many things to inspire me to finally work on freelancing and making, saving money, paying off things. Time for changes -- nice and positive ones!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Had a really nice day with YG. Went supplement shopping first (we r health geeks), then got the train to this beautiful forest that's on the border of London. Hiked around for a few hours, then found an amazing clearing and proceeded to shag each other's brains out Then went for dinner.

Had the "chat" on our way back to the village. We're 100% on the same page. Really happy with how things are going and want to see each other more. We also did the blah-blah-blah about how amazing each of us is, but I'll save that

So hopefully I'll actually manage to sleep tonight and the psychosis can feck off for a few days...

On the downside, I have no motivation to do anything these days... I have all this work on the horizon, but until it starts happening, I'm feeling so lazy. I'm just aimlessly clicking around online, working out, eating, meeting friends, talking to friends... Highly unusual for me not to be working on something creative. I'm presuming it's because I'm occupied with other stuff. Hopefully it changes soon... I feel bored when I'm not being creative - and that's a totally alien feeling for me. DOnt like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    Yay YB!! Sex all day, sign me up! LOL

I've had a few fluctuations in my progress. Weight-wise, going great, and I can't complain. Period going on atm, so I'm not going to weigh myself til it's over, haha.

On a thyroid note, I've actually stopped taking it because of how terribly it has been affecting me mentally. I mean, brain fog, short-term memory loss, it was ridiculous, and all ramped up until last week I had a few really bad episodes that had me going through what I have added in the last few months. This all works out well from a monetary standpoint too because, yeah not affording all of this at the moment, especially considering I was WAY better off before.

All the weight progress has been due to changing up my eating and exercising, so meh. Now, my memory and clear thinking is back too, with NO thyroid supplementation. Onwards and upwards.

Your journal has been one of the many things to inspire me to finally work on freelancing and making, saving money, paying off things. Time for changes -- nice and positive ones!
    Hey Nivanthe

What thyroid were you on? As you know, I had a bad reaction to raw thyroid. Apparently I was just taking too much, but I'm reticent to start taking it again... I feel better and better every month, so why mess with something that's not broken?

You're hypo though right? Is it possible that you were taking too much? I bet eating Peat is helping with the energy levels etc anyway And YAY on the weight loss!!! It's a great feeling, isnt it? I was so happy when I weighed in yesterday

I'm so glad my journal inspired you to lay the foundation for change. Change is awesome. I love it.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 10-28-2013 at 01:42 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    WooHooo!! Looks like happy days for you I'm glad you are in such a great place right now. Nothing like love to make everything in your life work like magic. Contagious goodness.

Your update reminded me I need to watch the fat. I've been letting it creep back in and I'm probably back up to 30% again. Whole milk is so yummy

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Hey girl! Thanks for the kind words... I appreciate being missed!

I got frustrated with the hormones thread because I realised how many problems people have, and how little I know. I had hoped someone more experienced would chime in, but that didnt happen. The thread also became more about people looking for help than trying to figure things out...

But, I'm sorry to hear that you havent been doing too well! When did this start? It doesnt link with you beginning to menstruate, does it? Honestly, if I have trouble these days, eating more carbs pretty much solves it...! But I have a tendency to eat too few - you're consistently over 300gs a day right? Maybe you need more protein? How much are you getting?
    Yeah, always over 300gs. I find it hard to get more protein since I'm not eating much meat anymore. Protein is around 80-100g. Fat intake is effortlessly low now. I don't crave it when I eat as much carbs as I like.

I'm barely exercising now, so my protein intake feels enough?

A lot of what I've learned about hormones, Peat, nutrition comes from random threads on metabolism, Peat, and journals. I also wish someone with more experience can chime in and share, but I guess most of those people aren't hanging around on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    WooHooo!! Looks like happy days for you I'm glad you are in such a great place right now. Nothing like love to make everything in your life work like magic. Contagious goodness.

Your update reminded me I need to watch the fat. I've been letting it creep back in and I'm probably back up to 30% again. Whole milk is so yummy
    Thanks PM

I actually buy full fat milk and then dilute it with water! It removes the processing of store-bought low fat milk, tastes a lot better , and is half the price

Have you tried your pituitary sup yet?

Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    Yeah, always over 300gs. I find it hard to get more protein since I'm not eating much meat anymore. Protein is around 80-100g. Fat intake is effortlessly low now. I don't crave it when I eat as much carbs as I like.

I'm barely exercising now, so my protein intake feels enough?

A lot of what I've learned about hormones, Peat, nutrition comes from random threads on metabolism, Peat, and journals. I also wish someone with more experience can chime in and share, but I guess most of those people aren't hanging around on this forum.
    80-100gs of protein should be plenty (how tall are you?) How many cals a day are you eating? Is it possible you're eating too little? You need a certain amount of cals just to sleep.

Other than that: when did it start? How are you feeling otherwise?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Tuesday, 29th Oct.

For the last week I've had no drive to do anything that involves the use of my brain. Don't want to read articles online, dont want to be creative... All I can do is:

- watch animations on Vimeo.
    - 'like' people's status' on Facebook (not enough brain power to comment).
    - make worthless posts on MDA

The last month has been extremely stressful. It's getting better, but I'm struggling to process things. I dont know how to cope with this level of anxiety to be honest. Depression was my comfort zone... now that I'm not depressed; I'm anxious.

I'm trying to enjoy all the good things that are coming my way (and there are so, so many), but I keep thinking that it's only a matter of time before the bubble of my life bursts. And I'm scared how I would cope with a knock-back at this point. In the past, each one made me weaker. I feel like I'm blossoming, and I'm terrified of being cut down before I bloom.

I've been talking to friends a lot, eating loads of carbs (lol), exercising moderately, meditating... and it's helping, but only so much. I'm burnt out. What else can I do? I havent been journalling, so that would probably help. But anything else? Do I need to see a therapist?

I would give anything to go to bed already, but it's only 6pm I'm just watching the clock, waiting for time to end. Normally I dont have enough hours in the day. Weird.

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Short term, when I feel like that, I give myself a pass. It's okay to check out. It's okay to relax. Usually I find that there is something I was trying to work past and I just need to take time to actually let it come to pass/finish itself.

Do you "need" to see a therapist? Maybe it would help, but only you can determine that. You can always get an appointment on the books and cancel if you change your mind. Journaling is not a bad idea, since that seems to help you. Come ramble at us
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Short term, when I feel like that, I give myself a pass. It's okay to check out. It's okay to relax. Usually I find that there is something I was trying to work past and I just need to take time to actually let it come to pass/finish itself.

Do you "need" to see a therapist? Maybe it would help, but only you can determine that. You can always get an appointment on the books and cancel if you change your mind. Journaling is not a bad idea, since that seems to help you. Come ramble at us
    Lol. Thanks

That's insightful. I do feel like stuff is coming up; it's just there is so much of it. I havent been journalling because my feelings were too overwhelming. What's coming up is: "No one's ever going to love me for who I am. I'll never be enough. Nothing will ever work out for me" I dont know where these thoughts come from, but something happened on Thursday that triggered them. I cried hysterically on Friday night (pretty sure I woke my housemate up), and was a mess for most of Saturday. I havent cried in months.

So I know what the thought is, but I don't know how to process it. You're right - I dont want to see a therapist. The progress is too slow. Journalling works better

What do you do to relax?

This is soooo freaking beautiful. I've watched it around 7 times in the last day:

Last edited by YogaBare; 10-29-2013 at 11:45 AM.

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I feel like I don't get to relax everyday (that'd be ideal) so I kind of get it throughout the week. Nights that I don't have to go grocery shopping are relaxing. I catch up on shows, watch a movie with Hulky, play video games, or...clean. My projects are relaxing, I just don't get around to them too much because they have too much prep work involved. Like I really need some shelves for my sewing area. I feel like I'm not really good at relaxing, but I've gotten better about just letting myself feel things. Then I feel like I can put away the bad feelings for a bit until I have some insight on them.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Then I feel like I can put away the bad feelings for a bit until I have some insight on them.
    That's such a good idea... Part of my problem is that my attention span is completely shot right now. Short clips are alright, but I cant read a book / listen to music / watch a film. Maybe I'll do some sowing... desperate times!!

Or nerd up on lifting. Someone just posted this article:
    http://www.primalpal.net/paleo-recip...cient-Workouts

Edit.

I'm suddenly feeling better. Weird. The journalling? Or is it cos' I just sent a few work emails? Maybe my lack of productivity is getting to me... I dont feel like I've done anything constructive in about a week.

This is cute.

Last edited by YogaBare; 10-29-2013 at 12:21 PM.

- Ray Peat