Page 220 of 244 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 220

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Vibes sent towards your job hunting. That is really a good idea btw. Will have to find a check (I don't have checks... Just do money orders) to write on for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I've been applying for things for a month now, and so far havent even gotten an interview... And I need to make a lot of money in teh next 12 months if I want to move to SF next October.
    Sending you good vibes too, YB.

I'm in a similar but opposite position, I need to pay off quite a bit of debt -- car repairs, fairly generous gifts to my mom earlier this year that helped her teach online, etc -- and then hopefully save before I can move to the UK; hopefully by the end of 2014! I've been considering trying my hand at the online freelancing sites, so will be looking more into that this coming weekend. Hopefully with my move closer to work in Jan, I'll have more time to learn a few more things as well in regards to new coding languages or something.

I'm the creative type as well, and i'd LOVE to have some kind of awesome Etsy-ish self-run business, but if only I could think what kind of thing I'd actually have the urge to market and make.

I like the check/cheque idea. Positive affirmation, might do that tonight actually haha.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    It is a great story about the check. Self-fulfilling prophecy are really powerful when you truly believe! Fingers corssed you can find a good job, YB!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I'm also sending positive vibes your way yoyo. You could come work with me. A lot of money ain't happening though, but we'd have a blast

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I read a story about how Jim Carrey wrote himself a cheque for $10 million, before he was ever famous. He kept the cheque in his wallet for years, until it was falling apart, and still he kept it. When he eventually landed the role in "Dumb and Dumber" and received his pay cheque, guess how much it was for? Yup: $10 million.

Last week I wrote a cheque to myself for 50,000. This is what I'd like to see in my bank account by Oct 2014. Considering I am unemployed (with no prospects), it seems unrealistic but hey... realism is the most commonly trodden path to mediocrity!
    I have had something like the Jim Carrey thing happen. I said, repeatedly,even as a child that I knew I would have twins. My mother, a twin, would always respond with, "God would not do that to you. You have CP." My twins are 23.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the good vibes everyone! I truly believe that you create your own reality...

And, you'll never guess what? Today, things started to shift with the money-work thing! I got commissioned to do not one, but TWO well-paid projects! On top of that, a friend needs help on a project and asked me to take a part-time paid role on it. AND, I got another small job (two days)! Pretty incredible really... need to stay open, keep the faith and invite more prosperity!

This is a good book to read if anyone's interested in these ideas: http://www.amazon.co.uk/OPEN-YOUR-PR.../dp/0875165311

Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    I'm the creative type as well, and i'd LOVE to have some kind of awesome Etsy-ish self-run business, but if only I could think what kind of thing I'd actually have the urge to market and make.
    Did you used to have a link to your work in your sig? If so, I remember chceking out your stuff (jewellery, right?) It was lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I'm also sending positive vibes your way yoyo. You could come work with me. A lot of money ain't happening though, but we'd have a blast
    Gray, I would loooove to come work with you! But then I would have to leave you and go to SF

Thinking of going to see these guys in a few weeks:

Hmm. On a second listen, I think I won't.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 10-23-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Wow, It's awesome that you got all those projects! This journal really does make your dreams come true! <3

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Sunday, 27th Oct.

I havent been posting much lately, and then Di lured me back with the sex thread

I'm really sorry that I havent been keeping up with your journals y'all... I've been preoccupied... with the psychosis that comes with falling in love I've been horribly love sick - cant focus on much. It's exhilarating, but also unpleasant a lot of the time... I dont remember falling in love to be like this?! But then I spoke to a friend last night and she told em that it's been the same for her every time it's happened. Kind of torturous. Seems like a paradox...

Anyway, I'm mainly making this entry because I want to share some amazing health news

Firstly, my cycle was 24 days again this month!!! In addition: my bleed was the most normal one Ive had in years! Duration, colour, heaviness etc. It all looks good! My energy was really stable for this phase of the cycle too - first time since going on progesterone

Secondly, I've lost more weight!!! For the last month (since my last bleed) I've been insanely bloated, constipated, gained weight etc. Presume it was all emotional. Today I measured my hips and I was shocked - 36"! The smallest they've been in a year. I stepped on the scale and I weighed in at 60.5kgs (133.4 lbs)!! My pre-Primal weight was 125 lbs, but I havent weighed this little since September 2012.

I'm sure teh weight will bump up again, but the point is that it's moving up and down at a consistent pace, and is getting lower! I'm so happy!!!

Lately I've been focusing on getting enough carbs: I eat 200gs of dates every day, plus drink a litre of OJ. I'm trying to keep protein less than 100gs, and fat seems to be below 25 most days. I input my data into My Fitness Pal yesterday, and I was at 2,300cals. Crazy.

I'm sleeping well (in spite of the emotional psychosis). Exercise has been: lifting x 2 days a week, swimming 1-2 days a week, cycling / walking for an hour or so 3 day a week. That's it!

Happy dance for Sunday. Love you guys!!!

xxxoxo

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Wow, It's awesome that you got all those projects! This journal really does make your dreams come true! <3
    Thanks Di!!! xx
    Last edited by YogaBare; 10-27-2013 at 06:20 AM.

- Ray Peat

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm happy to hear about your worklife good news, lovesickness (the best, I love that misery), and most pertinent to me, your WEIGHTLOSS! Congrats. I'm in a bad funk right now- entirely of my own doing. My weight is definitely not moving down on the scale though I did have a caliper fat test and came in at 23% which some sources put in the "fit woman" category- that has quelled some of my psychosis regarding the matter (if you recall my bodyfat scale at home had me at 40% and I was pretty freaked out). Still want to lose some fat and instead of continuing on the peat path with calorie cutting I tried to do the potato hack which has been terrible for me psychologically for 2 days...and I've gained 3 lbs

Anyways thanks for the sugar reminder sugar. Sugar is the most satisfying thing for me to eat (frozen fruit slushes holla!) and I'm pretty mad at myself for thinking I could do a shortcut. No such thing.