Page 219 of 244 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 219

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    I am anti report, never used it in my entire internet life, which is virtually half of my real life. Damn, now I feel old. :/ I can still hear the AOL dial up connection...
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Maybe his post was that knifegill was baiting(he does that a lot, bless his heart)

PS I don't really have problems with being disagreed with(scientifically anyway, some things I admit do piss me off), unlike many people, which is guaranteed to happen everywhere. I think inquisitive minds drive the world forward. You and I, dilberry, bumped heads before, and I don't dislike you. you're cool with me.
    Yeah man, Zach to me was, inciteful and insightful, we butted heads a lot, but I was never really personally offended by his posts and thus never reported him or anyone for that matter.

I do think that he crossed the line of the terms of use of this website, which you always have to keep in mind when using a website, although I have seen others do this as well recently.

To be honest it has actually been a good thing having antagonistic (different viewpoint) people like zach, choco, you derp, around while I've been posting, they keep me honest. Without them I find I can start posting bullshit and shortcut explanations. With them around I often find myself trawling the depths of google to back up my points or to disprove theirs, this has expanded my health knowledge immensely.

Sent from my iPhone
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the well wishes J3nn and Max

Quote Originally Posted by FuhQMDA View Post
    Jenns right, i dont care.

My time here has been relatively fun, im happy to have met you guys, you know who you are. Time to disconnect, if ny of you want to get a hold of me, PM my main man.
    LOL - you cant keep a good thing down!

I'm surprised the honeymoon lasted as long as it did tbh. There's been war raging for three months now (that's a long time in internet reality), and the main forum is dominated by Peat threads. I wish we could go back to sharing information cos there's still so much I want to learn.

Hi Paleobird!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Hey yb, happy to hear how everything is turning out for you. You deserve to be happy!

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    So happy that things are going well, YB!!! And sucks to hear about Zach. I've been slowly trying to read these forums less, too -- they can be mentally draining!

Love story ... in progress?

I met my BF while playing an online game, and we were strongly attracted to each other's personalities. Got to know each other over time, and then eventually started dating, making plans to meet, etc. The initial meetup took quite a long time to finally happen, but it was nice. I wouldn't say fireworks at first though hah. It's strange meeting someone you "know" for so long, but for the first time face to face.

We've had some ups and downs, and it got very close to being over again at one point. I made a (slightly) rash decision to do a surprise trip and see him, which was my first time ever going out of the country, and doing so alone! That's one thing I'll never regret. It actually helped save us, too.

8 years later, we're still together and still visiting each other, but things are finally working out for both of us to eventually come together permanently. In a way I feel like it's made our relationship stronger, but at the same time, it can be really tiring, because I'm definitely ready to settle down and make a "home" -- and more importantly, I just want some frequent snuggle time!!

So Zach has probably attained an MDA record for only member to have been banned twice I see his journal has been closed too. Adventures in internet world....

Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    Hey yb, happy to hear how everything is turning out for you. You deserve to be happy!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    So happy that things are going well, YB!!! And sucks to hear about Zach. I've been slowly trying to read these forums less, too -- they can be mentally draining!

Love story ... in progress?

I met my BF while playing an online game, and we were strongly attracted to each other's personalities. Got to know each other over time, and then eventually started dating, making plans to meet, etc. The initial meetup took quite a long time to finally happen, but it was nice. I wouldn't say fireworks at first though hah. It's strange meeting someone you "know" for so long, but for the first time face to face.

We've had some ups and downs, and it got very close to being over again at one point. I made a (slightly) rash decision to do a surprise trip and see him, which was my first time ever going out of the country, and doing so alone! That's one thing I'll never regret. It actually helped save us, too.

8 years later, we're still together and still visiting each other, but things are finally working out for both of us to eventually come together permanently. In a way I feel like it's made our relationship stronger, but at the same time, it can be really tiring, because I'm definitely ready to settle down and make a "home" -- and more importantly, I just want some frequent snuggle time!!
    Nice story - and respect for managing to maintain such a LD relationship. My mum always says that only true love can survive LD... Is he moving over to you?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Nice story - and respect for managing to maintain such a LD relationship. My mum always says that only true love can survive LD... Is he moving over to you?
    Heh thanks. I want to move over to him, and that's the plan... once all the stars align and the universe wants to play nice and all that

But on a serious note, soon, hopefully by end of 2014.

I thought I would be posting less on MDA, but Turquoise lured me back with the news of Knifegill's Peating attempts... and here I am

I had an energy crash this weekend (at the pre menstrual phase) so didnt go anywhere, and ended up sleeping A LOT. Well, Friday I went clubbing so only got three hours, but Sat and Sun I slept from 10pm to 7am! Feels good.

Since this journal seems to have helped me transform fundamental aspects of my life (mood, ED, love life), I'm going to apply its magic energies to my work life.

I need a job

I've been applying for things for a month now, and so far havent even gotten an interview... And I need to make a lot of money in teh next 12 months if I want to move to SF next October.

My hope is:

- Get a part time job (three days a week) that pays well and gets me into an office environment doing creative work.
    - Do additional projects on the side (corporate ones tend to pay very well).
    - Keep doing my own creative projects (though the right job could allow me to realise my creative ideas through that).

I read a story about how Jim Carrey wrote himself a cheque for $10 million, before he was ever famous. He kept the cheque in his wallet for years, until it was falling apart, and still he kept it. When he eventually landed the role in "Dumb and Dumber" and received his pay cheque, guess how much it was for? Yup: $10 million.

Last week I wrote a cheque to myself for £50,000. This is what I'd like to see in my bank account by Oct 2014. Considering I am unemployed (with no prospects), it seems unrealistic but hey... realism is the most commonly trodden path to mediocrity!

On another note:

Last night I got a FB message from my ex-boyfriend. We chatted for a while, and then he suddenly told me how he still thinks about me all the time, and how I was "the one" but he let me get away. He said he still regrets how things worked out, and wants to move over to London, and asked me if I'd ever consider giving things another shot? I said "nooooo" (nicely).

I was desperate to be loved back then, so I put up with a lot of sub-standard treatment, but on some level it has become ingrained into me that as soon as I start to love someone, they will begin to treat me badly. Now that I've fallen in love with YG, I have a fear that he'll get complacent. But, on a deeper level: I know that I'm different now. I dont hate myself anymore, so it's unlikely that I will attract neglectful relationships.

Weird how at every stage of a relationship, different issues / fears pop up, looking for healing and resolution, which we can give if we are open

- Ray Peat

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Cool story about the check! What kind of job are you looking for?

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, so my computer broke and I finally get back to find Zach gone? Major bummer!!!

YB, glad to see you doing so well