Page 217 of 244 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 217

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Trust me, I know all about those sorts of tactics. I've dealt with them repetitively and as I used to be associated with people like that, I already know how they operate.
    Ah huh. This is reminiscent of every other forum on the internet. I thought this one was different--it was. A certain group of people ruined it. And they aren't Peat people. Every forum has a handful of whiny losers that ruin it for everyone.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Ah huh. This is reminiscent of every other forum on the internet. I thought this one was different--it was. A certain group of people ruined it. And they aren't Peat people. Every forum has a handful of whiny losers that ruin it for everyone.
    I think Zach told me he got a warning beforehand that JoanieL and him needed to "cool down". Not sure why he got banned after, admin probably checked his post history. I think it's confirmation bias all the same, as I frequently saw "Admin" looking at my profile for a long time. Digging for dirt, or I'm just getting reported by those same people.

I only have one warning and a really long suspension for I can't remember what though so he's been pretty chill as far as looking at my posts subjectively.

Reason: NOT PRIMAL!
    Reason 2: HIGH CARB!
    Reason 3: DRINKS COKE!
    Last edited by Derpamix; 10-17-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    nihil

I think Zach told me he got a warning beforehand that JoanieL and him needed to "cool down". Not sure why he got banned after, admin probably checked his post history. I think it's confirmation bias all the same, as I frequently saw "Admin" looking at my profile for a long time. Digging for dirt, or I'm just getting reported by those same people.

I only have one warning and a really long suspension for I can't remember what though so he's been pretty chill as far as looking at my posts subjectively.

Reason: NOT PRIMAL!
    Reason 2: HIGH CARB!
    Reason 3: DRINKS COKE!
    I don't even blame the admin, they did what they do based on what they get reported. I think the reporting is lame and a waste of the admin's time. I doubt anyone was reporting the ones who were harassing Zach. Good thing Zach isn't the type to care too much about something like this. I have seen all hell break loose after one ban occurs to the point that the entire forum just closes shop. But of course, there are some that would rather that happen than allow people to post about fruit! egad!

Tattletales... nannies. Pathetic.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

I ran a really large sized forum in the past(more active users than this one, because this place has like ~30 or less members posting actively, the large userbase is misleading) and I took out the report function. If someone was being a piece of shit, I'd just flame them back. I think rules are for weak minded people that need their feelings protected, because it's the internet and they can't handle it themselves. Plus, when I had it in, I saw what you're talking about, hence my experience. People would incite flamewars, get their feelings hurt, and proceed to report that person. That doesn't fly with me.
    nihil

I would run a forum/social media outlet the same way. I'd even let spam stay because I respect the hustle. Unless they flooded, then I'd just tidy it up a bit. heh

Yeah, the only rules I enforced was getting rid of mods and admins that tried to use "power"(lol) in bias ways, by deleting posts that made them look bad, or they didn't like, or even suspending/banning people. It ended up with just being me as root admin, no mods, and it functioned fine that way for the remainder of the time I had the forum. Got bored of it, and I was a teenager, so... had things to do!
    nihil

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    In the 'forum has changed' thread I told that dirlot guy that he was being a weird creep basically. I certainly understand why Zach reacted the way he did.

As I keep saying -- ugh, people

Yeah, the only rules I enforced was getting rid of mods and admins that tried to use "power"(lol) in bias ways, by deleting posts that made them look bad, or they didn't like, or even suspending/banning people. It ended up with just being me as root admin, no mods, and it functioned fine that way for the remainder of the time I had the forum. Got bored of it, and I was a teenager, so... had things to do!
    I think authority is going out of style, to our delight. I'm hoping in our lifetime the world will realize that regulating speech and people in general is primitive behavior that should be frowned upon. I can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I think authority is going out of style, to our delight. I'm hoping in our lifetime the world will realize that regulating speech and people in general is primitive behavior that should be frowned upon. I can hope.
    "Your rights end where my feelings begin"

The attitude is Stalinesque like in dictatorship, because there is nothing they won't do to censor an opinion they're offended by.

I can only hope libertarians and anarchists get louder and more numerous.
    nihil

Shop Now
    I can only hope libertarians and anarchists get louder and more numerous.
    They are. There has been a population explosion of them! Statists/rulers/regulators/nannies of all sorts are becoming obsolete. You can see their desperation to preserve their kind, but I think they are losing. In my most optimistic analysis, anyway.