Page 215 of 244 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 215

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    ^I had the late-night realization with my ex & with Hulky. With Hulky, it was after sex. We realized that it was not the kind of sex one has when they're just messing around.

YB, I'm really happy for you
    It was similar for me. Before we had sex it felt as though everything was building to that point. And then once that bridge was crossed, we realised that sex wasnt the destination... it was just a landmark on the journey

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Love Story:
    Geek and I are not your traditional couple. Then again, we're also a couple of engineers. When people ask how we met, the answer is always "Which time?"
    We met twice, both times in college classes. The first time we met, I was with a guy. Geek was a great friend, but I wasn't interested at the time in going further. The second time, I was in recovery from a nasty breakup (not the guy I was dating when we first met.) I walked into stats and his was the only familiar face, so I ended up sitting next to him. 3 weeks later, after we'd stayed up for nearly 48 hours together, we got together. We were sitting watching "Robin Williams: Live on Broadway" and I was in his lap. I said "I guess this means we're dating, huh?" "Yep." It was so close to midnight, I can't tell you which day we started dating.
    Nice to know that "love on the rebound" can work YG left his gf because he had feelings, and even though I knew this, until it worried me that he was just rebounding. Then last weekend a friend put the lovely thought in my head that he is s serial monogamist and had me "lined up" before "dumping" his gf. Pretty toxic to think that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Congratulations, YB! That is great to hear. So what is the caffeine rinse - just cold coffee?
    Thank you!

You'd need to ask Derp for the particulars but yeah, that's all I've been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    can you hear me laughing..that is hilarious. Your last two posts have really been a delight to read. It's a great place you are "at" and it's ... making me happy. For you.

me too, crazy huh?
    Haha - great that it made someone laugh! We cant get over the irony either... He dad has stacks of free sugar, and I'm literally the first person he's met who ever said sugar was healthy...!

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Wow, that's a cool come-back after a week! Sounds like things are going pretty great!
    Thanks Leida!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 10-17-2013 at 12:58 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Oh yeah, Hulky and I were rebounds! I was still in a rather toxic friends with benefits situation (went up in flames after Hulky and I met haha). He was working on breaking up with his girlfriend (technically fiance, but she was weird about it...) and official broke it up a couple days after we met. We fell in love very suddenly about a month after that.

Well, met again. We went to high school together.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    We fell in love very suddenly about a month after that.
    This. I've never had this experience before. Two days ago I didnt understand how I felt about him, and suddenly a light came on and I realised that love was living inside me. It seemed to happen in an instant... Kind of beautiful really

I remember the first guy I fell in love with: I met him in Poland when I was 17. He was older than me (22 -gasp!!!!!!) and we had a chocolate box summer that crescendoed with dramatic sex (and loss of virginity), and tearful goodbyes. The experience of falling in love with him was like living in a movie for two months. I wonder where he is now...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I'm so glad to see you so happy and full of life these days Yoyo. Enjoy every moment! ❤

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I'm so glad to see you so happy and full of life these days Yoyo. Enjoy every moment! ❤
    Thank you!!!

Woah - I just saw Zach's been banned! What happened? Did one of the abusive threads finally implode?

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hey Yoyo--I'm so glad to hear that things are going so well for you! I was just about to message you on FB to see how you're doing, but I figured I'd check here first cuz maybe you've posted. And you did! Yay!

So glad that YG is a good guy and that you two are in love! <3 You're a sweet and wonderful person and deserve all the best in life.

Hmmm, what's that with Zach being banned? Man, sometimes I'm away from the forum for like a day, and I end up missing SO much.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I feel like the admins used his attacks on JoanieL as an excuse to ban him for his outspoken views...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Thank you!!!

Woah - I just saw Zach's been banned! What happened? Did one of the abusive threads finally implode?
    The mods usually have a *very* light touch here. Probably one or more of his posts got reported from one of the seppo threads and a mod though 'that crosses a line' about one of his posts.

About the only thing I can think of that might be bannable was posting a pretend PM from another poster that he was in a flame-war with. Or maybe the post he made where he said something like how he was here to troll people....

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I feel like the admins used his attacks on JoanieL as an excuse to ban him for his outspoken views...
    There might be something to that. Paleobird had already left largely because of him. If you are unpleasant to other people and they don't want to come back, that seems like reasonable grounds also...

Which is a shame since I think there's a lot to discuss about Peatarian principles if it can be done in a non-antagonistic way.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 10-17-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Or maybe the post he made where he said something like how he was here to troll people....
    By that standard Knifegill should also be banned since his signature reads:

" Zach: Yep, joke. Lol, every one of my posts is like jabbing a bunch of rabid dogs in a kennel with a stick. Really the reason i am here is because it pisses you and others off so much. I can just imagine your bald little dome all red with rage as you smash at your keyboard."

But we'll probably never know the reason for Zach's ban, so like you said, it could be a few things.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Kind of unfair. Yes I think zach was a bit harsh to JoanieL but a lot of people attacked him and everyone affiliated with peat for so many years now that i would see how one would be very defensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel