Page 214 of 244 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 214

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Fly by hug!
    I, too, have made a great leap in moving beyond my past. Those break through moments are awesome, aren't they?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I had assumed things were going well and hence you weren't posting!!! Yay glad to know you are indeed doing very well.

see I told you with the right guy, it would happen.

Don't stop eating meat now ps. After all that debate about dangers of too much iron turns out because I take coffee/aspirin and have been eating cheese, even my insane amt of red meat intake equated to a 36 on the iron test and definitely under the 38 required to donate blood. I guess not low enough for me to worry about low iron but I am going to cut off dairy for good partially because this fact (I want to donate blood in the near future).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Yes!! I've gotten my husband to wear his in a topknot. The sides and back don't fit in yet but oh, I can't wait till the do. He is a pretty old fashioned guy so I was really surprised he was into it. I love it and make a huge fuss every time he does it. Meow. Men. Yum.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Yoga- so happy for you and YG. Falling in love....squeeeeee!

Lets talk about this meat eating. I am just hating it lately. I'm eating it because it might smell tasty, and I'm conditioned to think I need some- but I'm not sure if I do. A d I just don't feel as energetic after I eat it. I am getting almost all of my protein from dairy, eggs and gelatin right now (plus the little bits in fruits) and I think it's fine. I sort of see myself eating meat more at feast times- like holidays and parties, or when I am out and nothing looks better, but for my groceries and daily meals, I'm meatless at the moment. I almost gagged on a piece of bacon. Wtf?! How the tides have turned on my tastebuds.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys

Would anyone like to share a love story? I'd love to hear them.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Fly by hug!
    I, too, have made a great leap in moving beyond my past. Those break through moments are awesome, aren't they?
    Amen to that! Thanks for stopping by Naia

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I had assumed things were going well and hence you weren't posting!!! Yay glad to know you are indeed doing very well.
    LOL - actually it was the complete opposite!!! I didnt want to subject the forum to my psychosis

After the fact I completely freaked out. Couldnt eat for two days and nearly broke up with him by text message. Luckily I called one of my best friends (who's met him) and she identified that I was reacting out of self defence, and there was no reason for it. Then me and YG met up yesterday and I realised I'd fallen in love.

I do think I'll be posting less for a while though - I have a lot to do, and also I'm jaded from the bickering.

Don't stop eating meat now ps. After all that debate about dangers of too much iron turns out because I take coffee/aspirin and have been eating cheese, even my insane amt of red meat intake equated to a 36 on the iron test and definitely under the 38 required to donate blood. I guess not low enough for me to worry about low iron but I am going to cut off dairy for good partially because this fact (I want to donate blood in the near future).
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    Lets talk about this meat eating. I am just hating it lately. I'm eating it because it might smell tasty, and I'm conditioned to think I need some- but I'm not sure if I do. A d I just don't feel as energetic after I eat it. I am getting almost all of my protein from dairy, eggs and gelatin right now (plus the little bits in fruits) and I think it's fine. I sort of see myself eating meat more at feast times- like holidays and parties, or when I am out and nothing looks better, but for my groceries and daily meals, I'm meatless at the moment. I almost gagged on a piece of bacon. Wtf?! How the tides have turned on my tastebuds.
    I completely went off meat with the introduction of gelatine, and I'm eating it now out of obligation rather than desire. I also dont feel good after eating it - tired, worse sleep etc. But, my hair looks better!

Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    Yes!! I've gotten my husband to wear his in a topknot. The sides and back don't fit in yet but oh, I can't wait till the do. He is a pretty old fashioned guy so I was really surprised he was into it. I love it and make a huge fuss every time he does it. Meow. Men. Yum.
    It.is.the.hottest.hairstyle!!!! I was actually working with a male dancer on Tuesday, and he had a blond top knot... swoon. I showed YG the footage and I think it gave him added impetus to grow his hair out again
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that's a cool come-back after a week! Sounds like things are going pretty great!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    you won't believe this but... YG's dad works for the biggest sugar manufacturer in the UK!!! I think I hit the jackpot
    can you hear me laughing..that is hilarious. Your last two posts have really been a delight to read. It's a great place you are "at" and it's ... making me happy. For you.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I finally used a caffeine rinse yesterday and WOW. Instant softness.
    me too, crazy huh?

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations, YB! That is great to hear. So what is the caffeine rinse - just cold coffee?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Love Story:
    Geek and I are not your traditional couple. Then again, we're also a couple of engineers. When people ask how we met, the answer is always "Which time?"
    We met twice, both times in college classes. The first time we met, I was with a guy. Geek was a great friend, but I wasn't interested at the time in going further. The second time, I was in recovery from a nasty breakup (not the guy I was dating when we first met.) I walked into stats and his was the only familiar face, so I ended up sitting next to him. 3 weeks later, after we'd stayed up for nearly 48 hours together, we got together. We were sitting watching "Robin Williams: Live on Broadway" and I was in his lap. I said "I guess this means we're dating, huh?" "Yep." It was so close to midnight, I can't tell you which day we started dating.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ^I had the late-night realization with my ex & with Hulky. With Hulky, it was after sex. We realized that it was not the kind of sex one has when they're just messing around.

YB, I'm really happy for you
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).