Page 213 of 244 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 213

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey guys, thank you for all the love! I'll reply tomorrow; I'm too exhausted tonight. Been an emotional two days... in a good way.

Facebook is like life: it's what you make it! Personally I love being informed of cool events that are running, following different art magazines, and being connected to friends all over the world. If your friends are idiots this may be a problem But luckily most people in my life are pretty amazing.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Just getting caught up...
    The boy did well. I'm so pleased for him, for you, for the two of you together.

As you know, I have a few darknesses of my own and, well, the one thing that was different when I met husband was that it was easy. Of course, there were (and still are) disagreements and frustrations, but that didn't stop it from being - at the core - straightforward and simple. I liked him and he liked me and, no matter what fresh weirdnesses I pulled, he stuck it out.

I'm hoping good and healing things come from this.

Also, don't delete if you can bear to leave it up.
    Thanks Badger <3 I've really appreciated your support during this time.

Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    hey yogabare, glad to see the positive tone return to the journal, and happy to see things working out well with YG. I think you don't have anything to worry about even if he does find your journal.
    Thanks girl Ha, well luckily he's extremely laid back so I don't think he'd even be bothered stalking me here

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    It's potently healing that you acknowledge why you've felt as you have all these years and it sounds like that allowed you to choose how to move through it. I don't know; I think we're all a culmination of our experiences and those bitter ones, where something was done to you, live in a very odd place in our spirit. They can inform your best choices. Or they can kill you. You get to choose.
    Beautifully said. I think when the damage is done in childhood and isn't given space to heal then, the spirit gets confused and in trying to avoid the injury, it starts an unnatural series of reactions. Over years, built up, we lose sight of what our true centre is, and attract more damage to compound what we already believe we are.

It takes a lot of work to pull away that damage, and to find your true centre: who you really are.

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    YB, I think you're having a growth spurt. Not physically, but emotionally and spiritually. Growing pains. Soon you will get to another level which will leave you feeling more awake and peaceful. That's my hope for you anyway.
    Aw J3nn... thank you so much! That was such a good way of putting it. And yeah: growing pains is exactly how I've felt over the last three days. Meaning...

Sat, 12th Oct

For the last two days I've felt like an insect going through metamorphosis. Vulnerable, naked, full of emotion and uncertainty, but suddenly seeing things clearly as my exoskeleton painfully shed. I shed tears as I let go of feelings that have shadowed me, and replaced them with new revelations.

I'd resolved many of my self hate issues over the years. I went from being someone with terrible family relationships, and hardly any friends, to having a great relationship with most of my family, and being extremely popular (sorry to brag). But I couldn't sort out my love life.

I suddenly see how my beliefs attracted destructive relationships, and how each experience built on the last, compounding and strengthening the negative foundation it was all built on: the foundation that I didn't deserve anything better.

That a guy I value and perceive as my equal might care about me is pretty earth shattering for me. It's felt like so long since any guy cared about me (in that way). And now the veils have kind of fallen from my eyes: I can see how he made up his mind a long time ago that he wanted to be with me, but I was too afraid to see it, and kept pushing him away, not trusting him.

I'm tired of living in fear, and I'm ready to let go. I surrender.

come what may.

Last edited by YogaBare; 10-12-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    :]

This post made me happy. On the train to pick up friend so can't write much but...

Hugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

diene is offline Senior Member
    I'm so happy for you too. Glad that things are working out. <3

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    A pleasant and uplifting update! Yay
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Side-note, I get irritated when things have to be distinguished as "for men" or "for women". They're just buns! I think they look awesome though (though I'm sure it depends on the guy). I kind of want Hulky to grow his hair out again (had it long in high school, donated it), but I hate the grow-out phases!
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    I tie my long-ish curly hair up in a bun, like a samuari knot style, not a ponytail as my Brother likes to call it! I like the look, kinda edgy and manly but I'm having my curls cut shorter so I won't be able to tie it up soon. It annoys me too when there is one 'rule' for women and another for men, like women can have their hair down serving in a restaurant but men have to tie it back. It's all hair people.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys!

And cheers for the "man bun" article Badger. I'm pretty sure YG has decided to grow his hair since I told him how hot I think that hair style is ;D (Tasha, personally I call them "samurai buns" ;P) Nstocks: don't. cut. the. hair!!!

I took a break from the forum for nearly a week. Firstly cos' the bickering is getting really boring. Secondly, cos' I'e had a lot going on...

Sooo... without getting too graphic, me and YG finally had sex and... we're happy The aftermath was intense and I started to freak out, but then the clouds parted and I realised I'd fallen in love.

I think he's felt this way for a few weeks, but for me, it came out of nowhere. I never had that experience before: where a feeling was forming perfectly inside me without my knowledge, and all it required was my consent.

And on a final note: you won't believe this but... YG's dad works for the biggest sugar manufacturer in the UK!!! I think I hit the jackpot He's also starting to embrace the Peat woe: he's avoided dairy for about 2 years and now he's buying raw milk!

Oh yeah, and health:
    I'm assuming there's some fat loss happening because suddenly friends, strangers on street etc. are telling me what great legs I have. Goodbye thighs

Hair loss is greatly arrested but don't know whether to attribute this to eating more meat or changing my shampoo. I finally used a caffeine rinse yesterday and WOW. Instant softness. Derp, if you're reading: thank you!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 10-17-2013 at 12:34 AM.

- Ray Peat

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Love back attacha, lady. You are most welcome - glad my maundering thoughts could help. And - yay! Love and all the goodness. That is wonderful news and I'm very happy for you.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.