Page 200 of 244 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 200

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thread jack away ladies! The discussion is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    Yes, night nursing suppresses ovulation... it has to do with high prolactin levels. My daughter still nurses at night, sometimes once, sometimes 5.

Re prolactin levels, it's supposed to be a stress hormone, but it's always elevated in lactating women...... does that mean lactation is a stressful state? Just throwing this out here because YB's journal discusses hormones all the time
    Interesting... my prolactin is high and I don't ovulate.

It seems wrong biologically that lactation would be a stressful state, but perhaps it all has to do with your hormonal balance? High prolactin might be okay in one woman if they have the right level of other hormones to balance it... I'm just speculating really. Maybe the stress response is why some women lose weight when they breastfeed, and some women gain?

And yes: hormones are my latest fad

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Hope you are better now! :-S
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Yoga maybe the dark hours were because you are losing fat? When I was losing fat a few weeks ago, I felt pretty depressed (though very aware of the depression) for an hour or two once every few weeks randomly.
    Maybe... except that I seem to have gained weight overnight :/
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Thursday, 3rd Oct

I'm still not feeling great today. I seemed to have gained a lot of weight in the last two days. I have what can only be described as boils on my forehead, at either side of my pituitary I have pain in the backs of my thighs and along my ribs, but it feels like the fat is what's hurting?! I also woke up this morning smelling bad. I just want to hide away and not have anyone see me. I can't believe that less than 36 hours ago I was at a gig in skin tight trousers and a little top, feeling pretty foxy. Now I feel like an entirely more bovine animal

There's something on my mind which I need to share, but I warn you that I'm about to move into the abstract and/or psycho somatic realm with high doses of heaviness, so the faint of heart may need to exit at this point.

Still there? Okay

Umm. I'm going to gather my thoughts and come back for an edit
    Last edited by YogaBare; 10-03-2013 at 05:06 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Oh, darn, sorry to hear that. It is one of those days - I feel for you. I am thinking maybe you are coming down with something? Fingers crossed you feel better and please, share.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Oh, darn, sorry to hear that. It is one of those days - I feel for you. I am thinking maybe you are coming down with something? Fingers crossed you feel better and please, share.
    Thanks Leida <3

This post has been a long time coming. In fact, I've already written and deleted it twice before THere is a link to the somatic aspect of all this, which I'll get to.

First, I have to come clean about something. There is a man in my life who I candidly refer to as my BF. Well, the thing is... we've been seeing each other for a few months now but... we haven't had sex yet.

I know that's totally abnormal for people in our modern era, and it's not that I don't find him attractive - I really do. I've just needed to take things very, very slowly with him. My love life has been a disaster in the past, and coupled with that, I have a lot of issues around sex. I was abused as a child, and had quite a few "bad" experiences as an adult. Yeah, as bad as you can imagine, though I was never beaten up or anything. Many "bad" things that happened to me were with men that I trusted deeply.

The last time I was intimate with a guy he was really forceful with me and the experience was the final nail in the coffin and put me off having sex for a long time. I dated a lot, but I never got beyond three dates with anyone because after three dates they expected sex and I couldnt bring myself to do it. I tried to convince myself that I could deal with this alone, and that I just needed to shag someone and get it over with, but when one guy asked me over to his house for date three I had a panic attack before the date and cancelled last minute. I stopped dating after that.

That's around the time I started journalling here. As those of you who've been with me for this journey know, I spent quite a few months sorting myself out.

Then in July, many things changed. My progesterone treatment kicked in, I started Peating... and I started dating again. I went on a date with a Chilean guy, then I went on a date with yoga guy. To start dating again was a much bigger deal for me than I let on at the time. I was so scared about getting involved with someone and didn't know how I'd cope with sex. I didn't know if I should just deal with it myself, or if I should hope to meet someone who I could be honest with. When I met YG though, I felt something different, and I felt like he'd understand.

As you guys know, things were complicated with us from the start. He broke up with his girl friend to be with me, then I told him I wanted an "open relationship", and now we've been seeing each other for a few months and haven't even had sex. I shouldn't laugh but the whole thing is kind of comical ...

As it does, the prospect of sex came up as soon as we got together, and I knew I had to tell him I needed to take things slowly. I didn't go into any details; just said I needed to take my time. Unbelievably, he's been amazing about it. He told me he doesn't want me to feel pressured, and that it'll happen when it's right. Which brings me to my psycho-somatic link...

The time is kind-of getting right. I still feel scared that he's going to leave me as soon as we have sex, and it's not helped by the manner in which we met (him having a gf). But the fears are shrinking as we spend more time together. We're getting closer, and he wants to see me more. And somehow, I think this is contributing to this big hormonal freak out I seem to be having.

Honestly, I look like I gained 7lbs overnight. I have cystic acne on my forehead and either side of my mouth. Severe mood swings yesterday, and today I feel depressed. I haven't looked (or felt) like this in a long time.

In some way, I think the thyroid medication, the progesterone, and moving on in my personal life are linking and having a physical effect I don't understand.

Don't really know what else to say... I feel like I should go for therapy to help me with this transition, but I actually don't have the money right now. I tried joining a forum for people who've gone through this kind of thing, but honestly the people on those forums seem really, really broken and unable to act as sounding boards. Unlike the wise souls on MDA

Anyway, sorry if you've read this and wish you hadn't! I know it's heavy. I really appreciate all of you being here and giving me support. You've no idea how much you help me.

<3

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    [[hugs]]

I hope you sort it out and I'm glad the YG isn't pressuring you or anything. I've gone through periods of time where I've needed to abstain from sex because I felt too pressured (all in my head) and while getting back into it can be odd, the break always helps. I hope you won't be afraid to share here. I've written in other forums about specific anxiety/depression issues and had the same feeling you got, that folks are too broken to help, except to say "Oh man, me too."
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    [[hugs]]

I hope you sort it out and I'm glad the YG isn't pressuring you or anything. I've gone through periods of time where I've needed to abstain from sex because I felt too pressured (all in my head) and while getting back into it can be odd, the break always helps. I hope you won't be afraid to share here. I've written in other forums about specific anxiety/depression issues and had the same feeling you got, that folks are too broken to help, except to say "Oh man, me too."
    Hey, thank you ( ( ( <3 ) ) )

I know - I feel like there's such a good collection of people here. We're joined because of a collective desire to learn and develop rather than ruminate (which is what you get on a lot of those specific-forums).

Can I ask why you felt you needed to take breaks from sex before? I've actually always been hyper-sexual (ironically probably for the reason I mentioned above), so abstaining for such a long time and losing my sex drive last winter/spring were pretty weird things to happen.

- Ray Peat

Low libido has been a problem for me since my teenage years. Because of anti-depressants, I suspect, I didn't have a sex drive until my first serious boyfriend in college (I never masturbated & took me years to learn how to orgasm). Then it would come and go. I felt insufficient, like I was lacking, and missed desire. I could be aroused manually, but never randomly, and never horny, if that makes sense. Hulky has a high sex drive, at least compared to me, and higher than my ex. He and I have never really discussed it directly, but if I'm going through a low period (usually when feeling depressed) when it comes to libido, we tend to not have sex much and focus more on cuddling etc. till I'm feeling better. I guess I'm coming from a place of not really understanding my sex drive since I had basically none at all for a while, so it's a bit different for me.

I really miss the drive I had when I was using Vitex earlier this year, but it doesn't seem to work for me like that anymore.

It does make sense, though it's alien for me. Because I became sexualised at such a young age, I don't really know what's a normal linear sexual time line. I read that foetus' in the womb mastrabrate, so it would make me question whether the regression of a sex drive is psycho somatic too. Do you know if you had any bad experiences?

That's a pity the Vitex isn't working for you like that now: maybe that was an initial phase of balancing, if that makes sense. Have you had your hormones checked lately?

Here's another clanger from me... I've never orgasmed with a partner.

- Ray Peat

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    (I just realized why yoga guy is called yoga guy. I thought you met him in yoga class...or did you?)

First, *cyber hug* figure you need a few today.

I had a somewhat similar experience to you. My first serious bf in college took my virginity without my permission. It took me a long time to get over it but I did. Having a patient and loving guy helped. I would say much more detail but since I have been pretty careless about showing my face maybe that isn't a good idea....

The point is: he is patient so that is a good sign. Chances are he would be patient in bed with you as well. It might help him if you share just a bit of your past to him. If he doesn't get it, he doesn't get you. So no reason to spend time with him anyway. Also communicate your fear of him leaving you and gauge his response....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I haven't had my hormones checked in about a year. I may do that soon, but I want to make sure my periods are still on my usual schedule so I know when to check progesterone (one week before my period for when it should be highest).

As far as I can recall, I had no traumatic events that lead to any of my libido problems. I wasn't sexually active at all until I was 17 and had sex for the first time when I was 18.