Page 198 of 244 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 198

  1. #1971
    spk's Avatar
    spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington - US
    Posts
    401
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    hey you - couple things:

    -I thought basal was best taken right at awakening, while still laying in bed. Because any movement starts to ramp up body temp and skews the reading. When I tried tracking years ago, this is what messed me up; it was dark out, I was half zonked and always swore I'd remember the temp to write down but ... rarely did.

    -completely agree it was/is a valuable exercise from which every woman gains a ton of info about herself. Unfortunately, i never mastered identifying the cervical position. But loved the book I used, Taking Charge of Your Fertility, 10th Anniversary Edition: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health: Toni Weschler: 9780060881900: Amazon.com: Books

    -YB - what the hell girlie?! I too continue the struggle w/ the hair health questions and am starting to suspect its because I do things in fits and starts. Gelatin has made a noticeable impact on my nails but my hair, while falling less, is not regenerating like it used to. Biotin made me break out. So I'm thinking of going back thru and trying to compile everything Derp et al have suggested and review. I mean, reviewing Graycats experience, it sounds like she's doing every suggestion. What is your plan, aside from the iron debate?
    Last edited by spk; 10-02-2013 at 10:33 AM.

    “you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

    Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

  2. #1972
    ombat's Avatar
    ombat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,507
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

  3. #1973
    spk's Avatar
    spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington - US
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I'm seriously going through hell today. I don't know what's going on. I feel like throwing up and I'm on the verge of having a panic attack. Somebody shoot me
    oh geez, wow. I'm sorry, didn't see this post, as I was busy rambling to you at length. Do you have some ginger, to add to a fizzy drink? Personally I overdid it on dairy yesterday and felt deeply anxious, with similar "feel like hell". I so hope you feel better! Rub your sternum in relaxing circles, take a big breath. You'll be ok. You know you will.

    “you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

    Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

  4. #1974
    max219's Avatar
    max219 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    444
    A walk always makes me feel better.

  5. #1975
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,547
    Hey guys <3

    Thank you so much for the kind words. Jesus H. Christ, that was a dark few hours. Reminded me of when I used to be severely depressed last winter.

    Could this really be hormonal? It seems crazy that such severe emotions could be simply caused by too much oestrogen. But that's what it's pointing to...

    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    hey you - couple things:
    Hola!

    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    -I thought basal was best taken right at awakening, while still laying in bed. Because any movement starts to ramp up body temp and skews the reading. When I tried tracking years ago, this is what messed me up; it was dark out, I was half zonked and always swore I'd remember the temp to write down but ... rarely did.
    That's when I'm taking it. As soon as I wake up I take my pulse, then take my temp, and input the data into my phone (which I'm already using as a stop watch / light).

    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    -completely agree it was/is a valuable exercise from which every woman gains a ton of info about herself. Unfortunately, i never mastered identifying the cervical position. But loved the book I used, Taking Charge of Your Fertility, 10th Anniversary Edition: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health: Toni Weschler: 9780060881900: Amazon.com: Books
    Thanks for the link! It would be cool for find a resource that was about using tracking to balance your hormones. Everything seems to be about trying to conceive...

    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    -YB - what the hell girlie?! I too continue the struggle w/ the hair health questions and am starting to suspect its because I do things in fits and starts. Gelatin has made a noticeable impact on my nails but my hair, while falling less, is not regenerating like it used to. Biotin made me break out. So I'm thinking of going back thru and trying to compile everything Derp et al have suggested and review. I mean, reviewing Graycats experience, it sounds like she's doing every suggestion. What is your plan, aside from the iron debate?
    I think it depends on the factors around the hair loss. Gray started losing hair when she went low carb so it makes sense that upping carbs would reverse this. My hair first started to suffer when I went vegetarian, age 18. Last year, when I started eating meat again, my hair probably thickened by a third. Three months ago, when I drastically cut my meat intake, I started losing hair again. So I'm going to try upping red meat considerably and seeing what happens...

    Can you pinpoint when you started losing hair?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  6. #1976
    moluv's Avatar
    moluv is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I'm seriously going through hell today. I don't know what's going on. I feel like throwing up and I'm on the verge of having a panic attack. Somebody shoot me
    First off I will admit I have not read your whole log, nor all of the posts in response but when I read your distress the first thing that came to my mind was the fat loss. And I hope one of the smarties knows something about what happens when you are burning through fat stores (pufas) and releasing toxins. Don't our cells hold our memories and experiences to some extent? And couldn't the process of turning over cells or burning fat release not only toxins but bad memories?

    I barely skimmed your last post to see you are feeling better. I have similar episodes (I thought I was going to puke for much of yesterday and I carried a darkness with me I couldn't pinpoint). Better days for you I hope <3

  7. #1977
    Leida's Avatar
    Leida is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,800
    I am just glad you are feeling better, YB!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

  8. #1978
    spk's Avatar
    spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington - US
    Posts
    401
    Glad you feel better!

    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Hey guys <3

    Could this really be hormonal?
    I've wondered; you've said you had no period for some time and recently, it returned w/ that 14 day schedule and now up to 20+ days? Can you imagine what floods of hormonal extremes are going on for you, as you return to fertility? And in really quick time frames?

    On the other hand, I had a fit of giggles when you reported the other day that you had cramps. You were so excited. Can't recall the last time I've been excited for their appearance. That was a cute moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Can you pinpoint when you started losing hair?
    V. L. C. Am conflicted because that was a healing time for me but then something clicked (stopped working) and I need to figure out what. (thyroid? metabolic derange? or just deranged?)

    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    I thought I was going to puke for much of yesterday and I carried a darkness with me I couldn't pinpoint
    me too. what was up yesterday, an epically universal blah?

    “you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

    Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

  9. #1979
    diene's Avatar
    diene is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northeastern U.S.
    Posts
    1,660
    I'm glad that you're feeling better.

    Hormones are crazy, crazy things. It could also be the fat loss, possibly?? I know you can test positive for THC if you've suddenly lost a lot of weight and used to smoke because THC is fat soluble and gets stored in your fat cells.

    Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a good book. I used to work with Toni's brother when I was in college, and he helped her write the book. That was the first time I tried to chart my cycle. It lasted about 3 days. I was 19, lol!

  10. #1980
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,547
    Leida, Moluv: thanks you so much for the kind words! They mean a lot.

    I'm 100% convinced this is hormonal and not fat loss related as I haven't lost any weight in the last two weeks (I've realised I only lose weight in the follicular phase of my cycle. Too much oestrogen in the luteal phase )

    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I've wondered; you've said you had no period for some time and recently, it returned w/ that 14 day schedule and now up to 20+ days? Can you imagine what floods of hormonal extremes are going on for you, as you return to fertility? And in really quick time frames?
    That is such an insightful and beautiful way of putting it... thank you! It makes sense. Ever since I started feeling better my periods have become really severe - whereas before I felt shit all the time so I barely noticed my cycle, ha! So there is definitely something happening. I'm just really pissed off that I haven't lifted weights in more than a week now

    V. L. C. Am conflicted because that was a healing time for me but then something clicked (stopped working) and I need to figure out what. (thyroid? metabolic derange? or just deranged?)
    In that case, upping your carbs from the right sources should be enough to help with the hair loss. Do what Gray did

    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    I'm glad that you're feeling better.
    Thank you!! I love those smilies
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •