Page 197 of 244 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 197

diene is offline Senior Member
    Are you charting your temperature or just tracking cervical fluid/position?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Are you charting your temperature or just tracking cervical fluid/position?
    Tracking temp and fluid (somewhat) but mostly just observing mood, energy, libido, body and correlating it to days of the cycle. Getting emotional and energetic stability is my main focus... I feel like an emotional wreck today

ETA. I haven't used my progesterone oil in two days because I'm trying to cycle my usage (it's more effective when you take a break). Realised this might be why I'm crashing again. Just applied it and already feel a bit better!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 10-02-2013 at 07:45 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

That's interesting! I'd like to start doing it too, but it just seems like so much work. Taking my basal body temperature really disrupts my sleep because it's not accurate unless you take it after your longest block of sleep (ideally more than 6 hours) in any given night, and I usually wake up to pee in the middle of the night. So I always have to take my temp when I wake up to pee--and it's such a hassle. I'll keep thinking about it too so whenever I'm slightly awake in the middle of the night, I'll think about how I have to take my temp, and this causes me to not sleep well. Which is why I always give up after a few days. That and I'm really lazy.

ETA: I hope you feel better soon. What part of your cycle are you in now?

That's interesting! I'd like to start doing it too, but it just seems like so much work. Taking my basal body temperature really disrupts my sleep because it's not accurate unless you take it after your longest block of sleep (ideally more than 6 hours) in any given night, and I usually wake up to pee in the middle of the night. So I always have to take my temp when I wake up to pee--and it's such a hassle. I'll keep thinking about it too so whenever I'm slightly awake in the middle of the night, I'll think about how I have to take my temp, and this causes me to not sleep well. Which is why I always give up after a few days. That and I'm really lazy.

ETA: I hope you feel better soon. What part of your cycle are you in now?
    I hear you. Are you quite a perfectionist? I personally think it's better to start doing something, even if it's not perfect at first. It gets you in the swing of it, and then you can tweak for improvements.

I'm on day 3, but because my cycle is quite short I think this is more like day six, when oestrogen starts to rise. I woke up with a pregnant-looking belly, my skin is breaking out, I feel weepy, ridiculously insecure and I feel nauseous.... But, it's pretty empowering to recognise it's just my hormones! That's getting me through it.

I'm not taking a break from progesterone again for a while...!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Yeah, I'm sort of a perfectionist. That is a problem. It does cause paralysis at times. Maybe I should just start and not worry too much about the timing of the temperature taking.

Man, I don't think my emotions and energy fluctuate much with my cycle though. I usually respond to external things. I would feel tired if I didn't get enough sleep, sad if things in my life are making me sad, etc.

The only time hormones drove me nuts was when I first got on birth control pills--I was crazy for three months, would cry over nothing, and cried almost every single day. I thought I was losing my mind because it was so inconsistent with my personality. It was almost as if I became a different person, but a part of me was still the same. The part that was still me was trapped inside, watching the external me who had become a completely different person, and not being able to do anything about it. So weird! Hormones are some crazy stuff!

Yeah, I'm sort of a perfectionist. That is a problem. It does cause paralysis at times. Maybe I should just start and not worry too much about the timing of the temperature taking.
    Yeah, I see that with people a lot. They wait for the perfect time to do something, and it never comes. I don't mind muddling my way through and making mistakes (though in the past I've done that too much ): I think it's better to get the ball rolling. Stagnation is my my dreaded feeling.

Man, I don't think my emotions and energy fluctuate much with my cycle though. I usually respond to external things. I would feel tired if I didn't get enough sleep, sad if things in my life are making me sad, etc.
    The thing is: a lot of things we perceive as external are actually caused by our hormones. Poor sleep for one, and also external situations are much more likely to be blown out of proportion when certain hormones are elevated. At work today I got irritated with my boss because I was sick of her "undermining me". She always does it, but normally I just leave her off. Why did it bother me today? Because I feel sensitive overall.

The only time hormones drove me nuts was when I first got on birth control pills--I was crazy for three months, would cry over nothing, and cried almost every single day. I thought I was losing my mind because it was so inconsistent with my personality. It was almost as if I became a different person, but a part of me was still the same. The part that was still me was trapped inside, watching the external me who had become a completely different person, and not being able to do anything about it. So weird! Hormones are some crazy stuff!
    EEk - that sounds rough! Actually, one of my ex's had a weird experience when he started taking ginseng. He got really needy, started crying all the time, had a big break down with his dad etc. etc. Went off the ginseng and he was fine. Bizarre!

Fertility & Ovulation Day-by-Day

Cycle Day 1: Day one of your 28-day (or so) cycle is the first day of your period - the first day you see red blood. This is the start of your period (or menstruation) when your reproductive hormones are at low ebb and the 'old' uterine lining is shed. This is what causes menstrual bleeding.

Cycle Days 1-5: Menstruation typically lasts about 5 days or so. As your progesterone hormone has dropped off from your last cycle and your estrogen levels may yet to rise, your body will likely be in its "cool phase" with temperature low.

Cycle Days 6-8: The cool phase of your cycle is dominated by the hormone estrogen. However, before estrogen can be produced, the brain and body relay a set of sophisticated hormonal messages (kind of like a series of falling dominos) to get your body on the path to ovulation. First off, the hypothalamus (the "brains" of the operation) facilitates the secretion of gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH), which in turn nudges the pituitary gland to produce FSH - or follicle stimulating hormone. The follicle is the body that holds and nurtures an egg. The pituitary gland also produces LH (or luteinizing hormone). FSH and LH facilitate the maturation off eggs and follicle. And as the eggs develop, they in turn produce estrogen!

During the early part of the cycle, after day 5, there may be very little cervical mucus. As estrogen promotes mucus production, through cycle days 6-8, you may begin to observe more cervical mucus (though it will be opaque, sticky, and white/yellowish in color).

Cycle Days 8-11: As the eggs mature, estrogen production should now be at full speed! The increase in estrogen should effectuate observable tactile changes in the cervical mucus. At the same time, estrogen also supports the build-up of the endometrium (the lining of the womb), preparing your uterus for pregnancy. During these cycle days, your body temperature will still remain low. The amount of cervical fluids may be increasing, though they may still be sticky and translucent.

Cycle Days 11-13: If you have a 28-day cycle, you're getting close to ovulation and are just entering your fertile window. Estrogen levels are high. You should start to see stronger "ferning patterns" in your ovulation microscope. Also, cervical mucus (CM) will start to become clear, stretchy, and slippery - and there will be more of it! At this point of the month, your fertility level is "high", even though ovulation may be more than a few days off. The reason you can still get pregnant is because sperm, under optimal conditions (fertile CM), can survive a handful of days in a woman's body. As estrogen is still the dominant hormone, your body temperature will remain low.

Ovulation tests detect the surge in the hormone that causes ovulation itself. The hormone is called LH, or luteinizing hormone. A positive on an lh test tells you that you will likely ovulate within the next twelve to thirty-six hours.

Cycle Days 13-14: The estrogen levels are at their highest, which ultimately precipitates a boost in the hormone LH. This LH surge actually causes ovulation, the emergence of the egg from the ovarian follicle. By day 14, ovulation is about to - or already - taking place! You are at peak fertility.

The day of ovulation, your basal temperature will remain lower. You'll typically see a temp increase the day after ovulation.

Some women experience midcycle pains, or ovulation pain, or "mittelschmerz". These are physical symptoms that ovulation may be taking place. Not all women experience them, but if you are "lucky" enough to have mittelschmerz pains, then you know that you may be in the process of ovulating. Note them on your fertility chart.

Cycle Days 14-15: Ovulation has just taken place! With ovulation, estrogen levels drop sharply and your body moves from the cool phase to the hot phase (the luteal phase where progesterone calls the shots). After the egg emerges from the follicle, the follicle becomes a "corpus luteum" and starts producing progesterone - and your body starts to warm up. Now, within 24 hours, you can confirm that ovulation has taken place by seeing your basal body temperature rise (a bbt increase of typically 4/10ths to a full degree). The temperature rise should last through most of the remainder of your cycle. A few days before your period, if you are not pregnant, the corpus luteum will exhaust itself and progesterone levels will drop.

Cycle Days 16-22: The corpus luteum continues to produce progesterone through the second half of your menstrual cycle (the luteal phase). Your basal body temperature remains high. A few days after ovulation, the amount of cervical mucus should decrease and you will see it become more cloudy, opaque. It will increasingly become more sticky. Conception must take place within 24 hours of ovulation or the egg will die. If the egg is fertilized, it begin the trip to the womb to implant. About a week after ovulation, progesterone levels are peaking as are your bbt temps.

A handful of days after ovulation, women may experience implantation bleeding. Slight spotting may be experienced during this time when the fertilized egg implants in the uterine wall. This is called implantation and may be your first sign of pregnancy.

Cycle Days 23-27: Unless you become pregnant, the corpus luteum will begin to falter and you may see your bbt temps drop right at the end of your cycle. If, however, there is a pregnancy, the developing placenta will "tell" your body to keep pumping out the progesterone. That's because once the embryo implants, it produces a special hormone called hCG. It's the same hormone that your common home pregnancy test looks for. If pregnant, your bbt temps will stay high. If not, the basal temperature will begin to drop.

Cycle Days 28: If you have a 28 days cycle, this will be your last cycle day. Both estrogen and progesterone levels are low.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 10-02-2013 at 08:55 AM.

- Ray Peat

I'm seriously going through hell today. I don't know what's going on. I feel like throwing up and I'm on the verge of having a panic attack. Somebody shoot me

- Ray Peat

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I'm seriously going through hell today. I don't know what's going on. I feel like throwing up and I'm on the verge of having a panic attack. Somebody shoot me
    Hopefully you start feeling better soon. No shooting! Well, no being shot.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Can you go for a swing at the park? I hope you feel better soon...
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Aw, sorry Try to relax and think about something nice. Or go to a park and get on one of those swings you were telling me about

Hope you feel better soon <3