Page 196 of 244 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 196

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Back to my usual self today Swam, taught yoga, biked, went to a gig, worked. Whoop!

I'm getting worried about my hair though - it's noticeably thinner, and I'm still losing hair. So it's not the carbs.

Remaining options:
    - Not enough iron
    - Bad shampoo? Seriously! Looking back, I changed my shampoo around the time I started shedding. I'm very sensitive to chemicals etc. so this could be a possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    What is this hula-twerking you speak of???
    Haha - I'll post a video! It's an awesome workout.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I think strength training increases testosterone which increases libido as well...
    POssibilities for increased libido:

Sugar
    Lifting weights
    Sexy man friend

Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    Reminds me of I tip I learnt when I was a teenage distance runner.

Swing your hands past your hips when you run. A lot of people run with T-Rex arms all bunched up under their arm pits, this reduces running efficiency by a large margin

Oh and I liked your workout week schedule
    Haha... don't worry - I don't run like a girl It was a weird sensation - like my legs and arms had gotten longer, or more supple.

Cheers! I would have preferred an extra day of lifting and swimming in there, but it was an easy week I guess.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 10-01-2013 at 04:37 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    over extending the hair via shampoo, blow drying, etc can damage it and cause it to prematurely fall out but won't stop it from growing back

I would cut shampooing back a lot if you've been doing it frequently and get a good one without sls, parabens, etc or preferably go back to not shampooing it at all.

now that I don't shampoo my hair and use water wash out pomade my hair actually doesn't even need pomade anymore and looks fanfuckingtastic

feels that way too.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    over extending the hair via shampoo, blow drying, etc can damage it and cause it to prematurely fall out but won't stop it from growing back

I would cut shampooing back a lot if you've been doing it frequently and get a good one without sls, parabens, etc or preferably go back to not shampooing it at all.

now that I don't shampoo my hair and use water wash out pomade my hair actually doesn't even need pomade anymore and looks fanfuckingtastic

feels that way too.
    You use FOP or Dapper Dan?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    You use FOP or Dapper Dan?
    If I use any it's: Dirty hair cream | Styling Gels | LUSH Cosmetics or Dapper Dan
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Zach is offline Banned
    or Dapper Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    My hair is gonna look like that in like 5 years probably

Zach is offline Banned
    You could do a lot worse.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Everything I'm reading about fertility charting is AMAZING. I think it would be a good thing for any woman to do! It would be cool if there was a bunch of us doing it together, though I'm not quite sure how it would work.
    Hey yogabare, lots of interesting experiments you have going on! I would totally chart with you if I knew where my baseline was... I did a lot of research on this when trying to conceive back in 2010, and used cervical position to pinpoint ovulation. It's fascinating.. I agree it's good for any woman to do. I learned quite a lot about my body when I was charting.

Now I find loads of things off-putting... I can barely even stomach meat these days It's really strange.
    I ate some chicken yesterday (cooked for my kid) and almost spit it out without thinking.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Cervical fluid normally cycles through the following pattern:

after the period, a woman will normally experience several “dry” days. The cervical fluid samples she takes with toilet tissue or a clean finger from just inside her vagina will not feel slippery or textured. Then the cervical fluid will build up, beginning with a moist sensation and/or a tacky or creamy texture. Any mucus or moist sensation at the vulva after the period signals that the fertile phase has begun.

Around the time of ovulation, the woman’s cervical fluid tends to become slippery and clear—like raw egg white. The last day of this stretchy cervical fluid or wet sen- sation is called the peak day and signals that ovulation is imminent.

The next day, a transition to dryer cervical fluid occurs: the woman’s cervical fluid might be tacky or immediately dry. Because ovulation can take place up to 2 days before or after the peak day— and the woman may ovulate more than one egg, with each egg liv- ing up to 24 hours—for the purpose of contraception the woman is considered fertile until the fourth day after the peak. For the remainder of the cycle, a healthy woman will secrete cervical fluid that is dryer than the peak day’s secretions.
    Aberrations from this pattern, like those of the BBT, can reveal imbalances in a woman’s overall health.

Books about Fertility Awareness and Natural Family Planning by Katie Singer
    Re cervical fluid, I had none to speak of even when I was ovulating. I couldn't find any answers, even on all the ttc/fertility forums. I figured it's a hormonal imbalance..

Anyway, it's fascinating and hope you keep sharing your experience.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

feels that way too.
    I don't even shampoo that often - maybe 2/3 times a week. The no-poo thing was amazing and I definitely had a lot of new hair growth after doing it. But I don't know if I can do it again... My sense of smell has become so heightened that I don't think I could stand any smell of grease / egg etc

Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    Hey yogabare, lots of interesting experiments you have going on! I would totally chart with you if I knew where my baseline was... I did a lot of research on this when trying to conceive back in 2010, and used cervical position to pinpoint ovulation. It's fascinating.. I agree it's good for any woman to do. I learned quite a lot about my body when I was charting.
    Thanks for the support! What do you mean by baseline?

I cannot believe I haven't done this before now. My mood and body are all over the place today, and from my research I can see that this is the time when oestrogen is rising! I'm even having a breakout of spots around my pituitary gland, and this is the time that FSH is produced. It's crazy stuff.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat