Page 192 of 244 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 192

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    Hi YB! i have to say i am not much of a coke drinker. i had a nasty experience as a small child which i have never gotten over LOL i do know someone who recommends coke for nausea when you are doing liver flushes. i think she said it was the phosphoric acid? or something like that in it. maybe that was why you felt better?
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Yeah, maybe it is doing something with the phosphorous ratio?? I don't really know anything about this, but perhaps that line of thinking might bring you to an awareness of some sort of nutrient imbalance. OR, today, some coke made you feel better and there really isn't anything hiding between the lines for us to analyze I think my OCD is coming back on this forum. This whole coke thing has had me thinking all day and that is just weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaflard View Post
    Would carbonated water work this way as well? I add a can (La Croix) to my OJ, gelatin and salt mix and it makes me feel great.
    Welcome to the fold, Leaflard and Seaweed

THanks for all your suggestions. I honestly have no idea about the calcium-phosphorous ratio... it's one of the Peat areas I'm totally ignorant about. But I do eat A LOT of cheese, so maybe you're onto something...

PM, if you want to hear something sad: pretty much most of the regular posters on MDA have featured in dreams of mine I blame surfing the forum before bed time.

ETA. Sorry if this is tmi, but I've noticed that recently... my nipples have gotten bigger It's very bizarre. My breasts have always been a bit underdeveloped so I'm assuming this is a step forward...
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-26-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    THanks for all your suggestions. I honestly have no idea about the calcium-phosphorous ratio... it's one of the Peat areas I'm totally ignorant about. But I do eat A LOT of cheese, so maybe you're onto something...
    i poss should read more about it as it is something that fascinates me. especially how i have seen Peatly protein sources quoted as needing to be high calcium to balance out the phosphorus. i saw a breakdown of the steak and eggs diet on paleo track and the phosphorus was sky high. calcium and magnesium were way low. i have pointed this out before to the VLC crew and i think once i was even quoted for some reason and that bit was ignored totally in the quote LOL what i do know is if kittens have too high phosphorus, by for example just getting fed muscle meats without any bones, they get brittle bones as the phosphorus pushes the calcium absorption out. so calcium, magnesium and phosphorus need to be balanced or you get issues. i looked up the coke thing too btw and it is the phosphoric acid in it which cuts the nausea apparently. unless you are like me and the mere thought of anything coke flavoured can make me feel nauseous!!!

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    ETA. Sorry if this is tmi, but I've noticed that recently... my nipples have gotten bigger It's very bizarre. My breasts have always been a bit underdeveloped so I'm assuming this is a step forward...
    Ha, Thanks for mentioning. I've been noticing something similar myself. My areola are now smaller and my nipples more pronounced. Hahaha, talk about tmi I'm happy about that, too.

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Ha, Thanks for mentioning. I've been noticing something similar myself. My areola are now smaller and my nipples more pronounced. Hahaha, talk about tmi I'm happy about that, too.
    Okie...now journal browsing is starting to scare me. Lol. ;-)

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    My nipples have gotten smaller and my areola is almost non-existent. How come?
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    PM, if you want to hear something sad: pretty much most of the regular posters on MDA have featured in dreams of mine I blame surfing the forum before bed time.
    That is pretty funny! I have dreams about the kids I went to grade school with constantly and pretty much nobody else. They teased me pretty bad and I think my mind is still trying to sort it out.

Maybe all the dairy you eat is telling your body that it is time to start lactacting and producing your own milk source. Saves money and it is a new type of recycling. YG will love it too JK, of course, but maybe some new bras will be needed soon

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I know pm is joking but my boobs are much much bigger than anyone else's in my family's. Mom had tons of yogurt when she was preggers with me and I drank a ton of milk (as much as allowed under commie system anyway) growing up..

And my friend has no boobs but her sister had huge ones. she hates milk but her sis loves milk.

I hypothesize it is due to the growth hormones in non-organic milk...

But I think in your case it is the progesterone. Makes bigger boobies.

Okay I am done talking about my theory about boobs... XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I just hope none of the "pics or it didn't hapen" people pop up in this thread.
    I can just imagine yoyo reading and laughing in the morning

diene is offline Senior Member
    Pics or it didn't happen!

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i poss should read more about it as it is something that fascinates me. especially how i have seen Peatly protein sources quoted as needing to be high calcium to balance out the phosphorus. i saw a breakdown of the steak and eggs diet on paleo track and the phosphorus was sky high. calcium and magnesium were way low. i have pointed this out before to the VLC crew and i think once i was even quoted for some reason and that bit was ignored totally in the quote LOL what i do know is if kittens have too high phosphorus, by for example just getting fed muscle meats without any bones, they get brittle bones as the phosphorus pushes the calcium absorption out. so calcium, magnesium and phosphorus need to be balanced or you get issues. i looked up the coke thing too btw and it is the phosphoric acid in it which cuts the nausea apparently. unless you are like me and the mere thought of anything coke flavoured can make me feel nauseous!!!
    That's really interesting... Do you think it's possible that a high-dairy diet might have too much calcium? I don't even know what phosphorus is in. Really should start reading into this...

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    My nipples have gotten smaller and my areola is almost non-existent. How come?
    My areola are the same but the nipples are definitely blooming...! Anyone fancy emailing Peat to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    That is pretty funny! I have dreams about the kids I went to grade school with constantly and pretty much nobody else. They teased me pretty bad and I think my mind is still trying to sort it out.

Maybe all the dairy you eat is telling your body that it is time to start lactacting and producing your own milk source. Saves money and it is a new type of recycling. YG will love it too JK, of course, but maybe some new bras will be needed soon
    I have nightmares for eight years following PTSD so yeah, the brain definitely tries to process

I wish new bras were on the cards... Saying that, I haven't lost any weight off my chest since I've been slimming up, so I live in hope..

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I know pm is joking but my boobs are much much bigger than anyone else's in my family's. Mom had tons of yogurt when she was preggers with me and I drank a ton of milk (as much as allowed under commie system anyway) growing up..

And my friend has no boobs but her sister had huge ones. she hates milk but her sis loves milk.

I hypothesize it is due to the growth hormones in non-organic milk...

But I think in your case it is the progesterone. Makes bigger boobies.

Okay I am done talking about my theory about boobs... XD
    Just to contradict you... I LIVED on milk as a child. I've always been a big dairy fan. My sister hates milk. She has bigger boobs than me
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat