Page 191 of 244 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 191

  1. #1901
    PaleoMom's Avatar
    PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    744
    Shop Now
    A couple things stand out to me. Derp brought to my attention that tea lowers your blood sugar and you were having tea with straight up sugar in it. I think that would do me in for sure. Too much straight sugar makes me nauseated, dizzy and super urgently tired. Have you tried just getting your sugars from fruits and cutting out sugar/honey long enough to see if it helps? I've had to cut out my honey for the same reason. I was having it in my chai tea and every time I had a crash afterwards. I have no clue why it comes and goes for you though, that must be frustrating!

  2. #1902
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Have you thought about taking the pill to regulate periods and hormones? Just checking. It helps a lot of people. Also you can just skip the lower dosage pills to forego periods until indefinitely. Females were used to being pregnant all the time in the past so regular periods aren't really the norm...
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yeah, I kinda hate suggesting it, but if it would help get your hormones regulated, maybe you could come off the pill later after you have had some time to recover & get your thyroid in order.
    Hey guys, thanks for the suggestion... but the pill would be a death knell to me. I already have waaaay too much oestrogen! My condition is oestrogen dominance. I'm already on hormonal treatment, which is progesterone.

    Edit: I should probably add - I'm anti-pill

    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    A couple things stand out to me. Derp brought to my attention that tea lowers your blood sugar and you were having tea with straight up sugar in it. I think that would do me in for sure. Too much straight sugar makes me nauseated, dizzy and super urgently tired. Have you tried just getting your sugars from fruits and cutting out sugar/honey long enough to see if it helps? I've had to cut out my honey for the same reason. I was having it in my chai tea and every time I had a crash afterwards. I have no clue why it comes and goes for you though, that must be frustrating!
    Thanks PM. Idk, the crashes seem to happen anyway, regardless of what I eat. I'm quite used to having straight up sugar now, and normally the tea with milk and sugar makes me feel better...

    I just did something very unlike me and drank two Cokes!!! I feel a lot better.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-26-2013 at 10:14 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  3. #1903
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    11,053
    Is there any kind of hormonal birth control that doesn't have estrogen...? That probably defeats the purpose of it though...
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

  4. #1904
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Is there any kind of hormonal birth control that doesn't have estrogen...? That probably defeats the purpose of it though...
    Lol, the thing is that I really don't need birth control - I'm infertile! The progesterone is supposed to regulate my periods but it hasn't worked so far...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  5. #1905
    PaleoMom's Avatar
    PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the suggestion... but the pill would be a death knell to me. I already have waaaay too much oestrogen! My condition is oestrogen dominance. I'm already on hormonal treatment, which is progesterone.

    Edit: I should probably add - I'm anti-pill



    Thanks PM. Idk, the crashes seem to happen anyway, regardless of what I eat. I'm quite used to having straight up sugar now, and normally the tea with milk and sugar makes me feel better...

    I just did something very unlike me and drank two Cokes!!! I feel a lot better.
    I agree, I think the pill is a hormonal nightmare. It can really mess up your intestinal flora too.

    How funny the cokes made you feel better! Doesn't Peat have a whole thing about CO2? Perhaps that is helping you in the coke. Or maybe just a different type of caffeine.

  6. #1906
    diene's Avatar
    diene is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northeastern U.S.
    Posts
    1,660
    There are progesterone-only pills. I believe that Mirena only has progesterone as well. But, I'm not sure if it's a great idea for someone who has hormonal imbalance issues.

  7. #1907
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I agree, I think the pill is a hormonal nightmare. It can really mess up your intestinal flora too.

    How funny the cokes made you feel better! Doesn't Peat have a whole thing about CO2? Perhaps that is helping you in the coke. Or maybe just a different type of caffeine.
    Ha - yeah... didn't think about the co2! I presumed it was just the sugar. Felt better than reaching for the cookies or cake, which is what I used to go for.

    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    There are progesterone-only pills. I believe that Mirena only has progesterone as well. But, I'm not sure if it's a great idea for someone who has hormonal imbalance issues.
    I'm already on supplemental progesterone, so don't know how different that would be...

    ---

    Today I ate: 1 litre ice cream, 3 cokes, 200gs Edam, 2 pints milk with sugar. For dinner

    I really hope I sleep tonight. I'm exhausted and I have so much shit to do tomorrow. I'm also going on a hot date with YG and was hoping to wear a sexy dress I just bought but the amount of food I ate today might put it on the back burner...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  8. #1908
    seaweed's Avatar
    seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,016
    Hi YB! i have to say i am not much of a coke drinker. i had a nasty experience as a small child which i have never gotten over LOL i do know someone who recommends coke for nausea when you are doing liver flushes. i think she said it was the phosphoric acid? or something like that in it. maybe that was why you felt better?

  9. #1909
    PaleoMom's Avatar
    PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    Hi YB! i have to say i am not much of a coke drinker. i had a nasty experience as a small child which i have never gotten over LOL i do know someone who recommends coke for nausea when you are doing liver flushes. i think she said it was the phosphoric acid? or something like that in it. maybe that was why you felt better?
    Yeah, maybe it is doing something with the phosphorous ratio?? I don't really know anything about this, but perhaps that line of thinking might bring you to an awareness of some sort of nutrient imbalance. OR, today, some coke made you feel better and there really isn't anything hiding between the lines for us to analyze I think my OCD is coming back on this forum. This whole coke thing has had me thinking all day and that is just weird.

  10. #1910
    Leaflard's Avatar
    Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    188
    Would carbonated water work this way as well? I add a can (La Croix) to my OJ, gelatin and salt mix and it makes me feel great.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •