Page 190 of 244 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 190

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi YB, I've been married for too too long to wrap my head around the relationship complexities, but I think NW nailed it!

Love your progression, lighter lifting, yoga and swimming combination looks great and very much complimentary. I am a swimming devotee, so I think it's a great set-up. Is your length 50 m or 25?
    Cheers!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Hi YB, I've been married for too too long to wrap my head around the relationship complexities, but I think NW nailed it!

Love your progression, lighter lifting, yoga and swimming combination looks great and very much complimentary. I am a swimming devotee, so I think it's a great set-up. Is your length 50 m or 25?
    Cheers!
    Thanks Leida It all got sorted... I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to relationships but luckily he thinks it's cute

Haha - it's not lighter lifting... that's as heavy as I can go!!! I've only just started lifting and I'm pathetically weak... But I'm glad you think it's a good trinity - I'm really enjoying it! Each one supports the other. The other thing I love love love doing is DANCING! Need to do more of that

(My pool is 33 metres btw - what's yours? And how many lengths do you do? I feel like .5 miles is a decent swim but I've no idea what other swimmers do).
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Wed, 25th Sept

In the last two weeks I cut the cardio, started Raw thyroid, and upped my carbs. And I think this may be marking the second shift in my health

- I'm sleeping a crazy amount. Normally I'm up at 6am, but lately I've been sleeping til 9, or even 10!!! This is pretty unheard of for me. Think the last time I consistently slept til 9am when when I was in Uni... It's totally weird.

- I'm losing weight again! As soon as I lowered my protein intake my measurements started going down again (after a month-long plateau), and then yesterday I weighed myself in the gym and saw that I lost 1 lb in a few days! I even went wardrobe shopping today, and I can't believe that I'm fitting into stuff I haven't been able to wear in a year! Funny thing is that I'm eating like a horse - averaging 2K cals a day. Normally I gain eating this much...

- I'm noticing more muscle definition in the last two weeks. I'm FINALLY starting to see a change in my ass... things are moving north

- My pulse initially went from 60bmp resting to 77bmp within a few days. Then I upped my carbs, and it suddenly dropped down to 57bmp! I asked Peat about it and he said that "Too much protein without carbohydrate stimulates cortisol and adrenaline, especially during the night; sugar and thyroid both lower the stress hormones, revealing your thyroid status." So basically, my stress hormones keep getting lower, which is showing me the way my system is truly running (without chronic stress elevating my pulse, blood sugar etc.)

- My waking temp is rising very slowly: it's gone from 36.4C to 36.6C in two weeks.

- Some kind of detox seems to be happening since I started the Raw thyroid. As soon as I started taking it I got an outbreak of cold sores but weirdly, they never erupted (that's never happened to me before). I've been getting some pimples, but they're healing as soon as they erupt - don't even need concealer on them. For a few days my sweat smelt bad (normally it's odourless)... that's gone now. And for a few days my pee was a lot darker than usual... also finished. Weird!

Not sure what else to say... other than I'm happy something new is happening! Make way for better health
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-25-2013 at 01:42 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    That's wonderful! I'm so glad you are finding your groove, YoYo

Do you take the thyroid every day?

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    That's wonderful! I'm so glad you are finding your groove, YoYo

Do you take the thyroid every day?
    Thank you!

Religiously every night before bed. You?

Have you been tracking your pulse and temp?

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I have been skipping the raw thyroid some evenings here and there, but I'm thinking of temporarily going off. I'll have to get some more blood work done, including thyroid, so it might distort the readings somewhat.

My morning body temp has been 79.9 - 98.1 upon waking up, and the last time I measured my pulse - 75 bpm at resting state. I'll keep monitoring closely.

I've got some more things to figure out.....

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I have been skipping the raw thyroid some evenings here and there, but I'm thinking of temporarily going off. I'll have to get some more blood work done, including thyroid, so it might distort the readings somewhat.

My morning body temp has been 79.9 - 98.1 upon waking up, and the last time I measured my pulse - 75 bpm at resting state. I'll keep monitoring closely.

I've got some more things to figure out.....
    I agree you need more blood work done. Prob wouldn't be any harm to come off the RT for two weeks before you get tested again...

- Ray Peat

Thursday, 26th Sept

Well, it looks like I spoke too soon.

Yesterday I had a massive blood sugar crash. The day started innocuously enough - I slept later than usual (which is usual at the moment), but when I woke I couldn't stomach the thought of food. I often say "I had no appetite" but this usually just means "I felt unhungry enough to skip a meal". I've stopped skipping meals lately, so even though I wasn't hungry I forced down some cottage cheese. Went to work at the yoga studio, and by lunch time I started to feel a bit famished. Had lunch (edam, juice) then started to crave sugar. Had loads of dates, and two teas with six sugars. Cycled to a meeting, and while there I started to crash. Feelings of rising panic, and then thought I was going to throw up. Cycled home, starving and thinking I was going to hurl. Ate: a boiled egg, a galia melon, 100gs Edam, dates. Felt tired. Got into bed at 8pm. Didn't get to sleep until 3am had several hot milks with gelatine and sugar, but the only thing that got me to sleep was when I ate 600gs cottage cheese with honey. Then today I woke up with low mood, exhausted, and feeling constantly hungry.

It's my usual Insomnia-Food-Crash cycle.

It's frustrating because it happens every two-three weeks, it means I lose precious time that I could be doing important things, and it also hampers my weight loss. It's better than what it used to be, but still, it's a huge disruption to my life. And I don't understand why it happens! I've been taking my medication religiously every day, eating higher carb, but it still happened.

It's usually related to my cycle, but since my last period I haven't been eating any iron-rich food because I really couldn't face the thought of menstruating again (every time I eat anything iron-rich I bleed). The last period was so bad. It'll be three weeks tomorrow since my last one, but I'm wondering if the hormonal fluctuations are happening anyway, regardless of the bleed.

UGH. Thankfully I didn't have anywhere to be today, but I'm seriously sick of this.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-26-2013 at 09:09 AM.

- Ray Peat

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Have you thought about taking the pill to regulate periods and hormones? Just checking. It helps a lot of people. Also you can just skip the lower dosage pills to forego periods until indefinitely. Females were used to being pregnant all the time in the past so regular periods aren't really the norm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Have you thought about taking the pill to regulate periods and hormones? Just checking. It helps a lot of people. Also you can just skip the lower dosage pills to forego periods until indefinitely. Females were used to being pregnant all the time in the past so regular periods aren't really the norm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Yeah, I kinda hate suggesting it, but if it would help get your hormones regulated, maybe you could come off the pill later after you have had some time to recover & get your thyroid in order.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).