Page 188 of 244 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 188

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Woah. I missed the flame thread you're all talking about. Sometimes they can be fun. I miss paleobird, but am in touch with her off forum. I also miss Crabbcakes, Gravyboat and a few others. People find new things to do with their time, c'est la vie. I've been here about a year and a half, I guess. Nothing is forever. The longer I stay the less dogmatic I become, no bad thing.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I'm glad this has been such a good space for you YB

I've certainly been on this forum much longer than any other place. I read way more than I post though, obviously. I suppose that has a lot to do with how much I'm trying to figure out for myself in comparison to the things I do feel I've figured out and can help others with. If I ever lose this weight I'm might feel like I have more to say
    You have loads to say PM! I always appreciate your words of support. Regarding the sharing of information, I think that comes from experience. There've been times when I felt I knew something, and in those times I offered a lot of advice. Right now I feel quite stripped back: like I'm relearning again, and that's mostly an internal thing, so not as much advice offered.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Woah. I missed the flame thread you're all talking about. Sometimes they can be fun. I miss paleobird, but am in touch with her off forum. I also miss Crabbcakes, Gravyboat and a few others. People find new things to do with their time, c'est la vie. I've been here about a year and a half, I guess. Nothing is forever. The longer I stay the less dogmatic I become, no bad thing.
    I think the really bad ones are horrible. I've seen a few since I've been here. But in a way, they've just helped me to accept the dark side of humanity more.

It sounds like this forum is a place of growth for you too then! I've definitely become less dogmatic since being here too... and weirdly: much more accepting of other people's dogma.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Sat, 21st Sept

It's been a week since I started the Raw Thyroid. I take it at night and it still helps me relax, but it's not having the same exhaustion effect on me. I started tracking my waking pulse and temp about half way through the week; temp is pretty consistent but pulse has risen a lot:

ABout ten days ago resting pulse was 60bpm.
    Wed: 36.4C, 67 bpm
    Thurs: 36.5, 74bpm
    Fri: 36.5C, 76 bpm
    Sat: 36.4 C, 74bpm

I'm not noticing a difference in much, except for my BMs, which are even better than before. Sleep is still sketchy, but I'm having really vivid dreams... like everyone who eats Peat seems to! But I haven't been til now. Unforunatly many of the dreams are nightmares, which is back to my usual. It's better when I don't dream.

Diet
    Planning on getting stricter. I haven't been eating enough carbs, and I think that's contributing to my poor sleep. I need to make more effort to drink the OJ, eat fruit etc. I've mostly been eating cottage cheese, milk, sugar, gelatine. Not really good enough!

I found an amazing cottage cheese though - it's got three times as much fat in it as the last one I was eating, but it's really good quality and more more satiating. Now instead of eating 600gs in a sitting I'm eating 200gs. So, same amount of fat but half the calories and a third of the protein. I think this is better.

Here are the current abs!

Nothing is changing in the thighs and ass, but I've actually given up. I can't beat my body into submission; I'm going to focus on lowering cortisol and getting my reproductive system working again. It's more important than having a pert ass, no matter how much I desire that
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-21-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Nice ab definition you've got going, Yo!

I can't tell if the raw thyroid is affecting me in any way noticeable, but I'm in a better mood generally since I started taking it. So, it might be contributing to it.

Only if you ever feel like sharing, I'd be interested in hearing about some of your correspondence with Ray Peat.

I find orange juice or a cup of milk with maple syrup at bed time helping me get a good night's sleep.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Wowza YoB lookin goooooooood

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Looking great YB! I don't think you need to work on your thighs either, you look very proportionate.

I'm currently reading this: Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox: How a Little-Known Vitamin Could Save Your Life: Kate Rheaume-Bleue: 9781118065723: Amazon.com: Books and there is a whole section on wrinkles and how vitamin k2 is a huge factor in reversing and preventing wrinkles. That made me think of you and your K2 question the other day on top of your quest to kill the wrinkles. The whole book has been interesting so far, I'm not done yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Nice ab definition you've got going, Yo!

I can't tell if the raw thyroid is affecting me in any way noticeable, but I'm in a better mood generally since I started taking it. So, it might be contributing to it.

Only if you ever feel like sharing, I'd be interested in hearing about some of your correspondence with Ray Peat.

I find orange juice or a cup of milk with maple syrup at bed time helping me get a good night's sleep.
    Thank you Gray I'll post my whole correspondence with Peat here. He approves of our Raw Thryoid product btw!

Cheers for the suggestion, but I've been doing the milk with honey and it doesn't help. I think it's an overall macro problem for me - too few carbs, and excess protein being converted to cortosil. I need to be more diligent.

Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    Wowza YoB lookin goooooooood
    Thank you bella And welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Looking great YB! I don't think you need to work on your thighs either, you look very proportionate.

I'm currently reading this: Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox: How a Little-Known Vitamin Could Save Your Life: Kate Rheaume-Bleue: 9781118065723: Amazon.com: Books and there is a whole section on wrinkles and how vitamin k2 is a huge factor in reversing and preventing wrinkles. That made me think of you and your K2 question the other day on top of your quest to kill the wrinkles. The whole book has been interesting so far, I'm not done yet though.
    Thanks PM! Ha, maybe I look balanced because I have the same amount of excess fat everywhere Actually my rib area has gotten bigger since I started lifting, so I've lost a bit of my pear shapedness.

That's an interesting book! I'll try find it on pdf... thank you! Maybe it's part of what I'm missing...

- Ray Peat

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Thanks PM! Ha, maybe I look balanced because I have the same amount of excess fat everywhere
    Yeah, that's not it You just look great and that's the end of it

That's an interesting book! I'll try find it on pdf... thank you! Maybe it's part of what I'm missing...
    I think it would be hard to read this book and not come away feeling like it is pretty important to make sure you get k2 from tons of grass-fed dairy, pastured egg yolks or supplements (unless you want to be super hardcore and actually eat natto).

ginafirenze is offline Junior Member

I found an amazing cottage cheese though - it's got three times as much fat in it as the last one I was eating, but it's really good quality and more more satiating. Now instead of eating 600gs in a sitting I'm eating 200gs. So, same amount of fat but half the calories and a third of the protein. I think this is better.

Here are the current abs!
    YB you look absolutely AMAZING! be proud of yourself, girl! I fell off the face of the earth for a bit -- but I am now back in action just in time to remind you how great you look. What is the brand of cottage cheese you found/where did you buy it? I usually buy friendship brand but would be interested in trying the brand you described! Keep the positivity coming xx

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yoga, very sexy!