Page 187 of 244 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 187

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Thats why i thought pb and C were the same. They have such a similar style of arguing.

Glad that is closed. Now we shall see if im still around in a day or two.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Are you referring to Paleobird leaving? I actually noticed that the forum calmed down a lot once she left. Until today that is.
    Yeah haha. I understand the need to distance yourself from people's internet personalities, it can make you crazy, but that's probably why I just talk to people who seem more "real" (or are particularly funny). I don't think I'm as articulate in person, but I don't amp anything up in writing that I wouldn't really say in person.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Thats why i thought pb and C were the same. They have such a similar style of arguing.

Glad that is closed. Now we shall see if im still around in a day or two.
    Uh-oh... did you get a warning??

Nah, to be fair, Paleobird was articulate

Oh btw, we were talking about Ido - ironically, today I dropped into a yoga class, and the woman was teaching a style that was combining "Iyengar, Ashtanga, Yoga Therapy, meditation, The Feldenkrais Method, Sensory Awareness, Focusing, Dance and subtle energetic healing". But in a nutshell: it was really movement-based! Probably like Ido for beginners. Weird how things like that just slot into place sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yeah haha. I understand the need to distance yourself from people's internet personalities, it can make you crazy, but that's probably why I just talk to people who seem more "real" (or are particularly funny). I don't think I'm as articulate in person, but I don't amp anything up in writing that I wouldn't really say in person.
    Are you more shy in person? I think a lot of people here are probably very different to how they are in reality. Ombat even said I was very different - she didnt expect me to be so lighthearted and relaxed. I guess back then I was posting a lot of heavy stuff, but in person people never knew what I was going through.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Are you more shy in person? I think a lot of people here are probably very different to how they are in reality. Ombat even said I was very different - she didnt expect me to be so lighthearted and relaxed. I guess back then I was posting a lot of heavy stuff, but in person people never knew what I was going through.
    Yeah, a bit more shy, but it really depends on who I'm talking to and what we're talking about obviously. A bit of liquor in me and I'm not shy at all. Then I have trouble with being blunt
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I never understand personal attacks.I dont understand probably because I am going to be paid to disagree and argue with people for the rest of my life lol. The two US Supreme Court justices that most often bash each other's opinions (Scalia and Ginsberg) ...are best friends in real life despite their deep ideological differences. I am very surprised at how many ideological debates on mda take a nose dive toward personal attacks.

In any case...I have been on many forums for fashion but this is my first nutrition one. I like mda aside from the warfare over things that are a matter of personal choice.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yeah, a bit more shy, but it really depends on who I'm talking to and what we're talking about obviously. A bit of liquor in me and I'm not shy at all. Then I have trouble with being blunt
    You sound irish!

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I never understand personal attacks.I dont understand probably because I am going to be paid to disagree and argue with people for the rest of my life lol. The two US Supreme Court justices that most often bash each other's opinions (Scalia and Ginsberg) ...are best friends in real life despite their deep ideological differences. I am very surprised at how many ideological debates on mda take a nose dive toward personal attacks.

In any case...I have been on many forums for fashion but this is my first nutrition one. I like mda aside from the warfare over things that are a matter of personal choice.
    I think it's a common thing with arguments unfortunately. People start rationally and then when they are not being "heard" they get frustrated and it all quickly escalates. You see it with families all the time. Usually families are the only ones we let our guards down with that much but on the internet it's like a veil is lifted and we all see each other without formality.

What happens on fashion forums? Is it like Pinterest. I actually never joined one related to my career. Not interested in seeing people talk shit about something I know a lot about But I currently post on a skin care one, and of course, RP.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    That was the weirdest thing ever. I'm speechless at the moment

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Haha fashion forums just talk about new and upcoming models, newest scans of various editorials, industry gossip, where to find deals, networking, etc.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    That was the weirdest thing ever. I'm speechless at the moment
    Dont worry about it Gray. I understand though - I remember feeling like that when I witnessed my first nasty thread. It's not nice, but it happens! I guess in a world where people drop bombs on each other every day we've got a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Haha fashion forums just talk about new and upcoming models, newest scans of various editorials, industry gossip, where to find deals, networking, etc.
    That sounds useful actually! I just use Facebook and MDA for everything now... it's bizarre! I dont need anything else.

- Ray Peat

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wed, 18th Sept
    What's the longest people have been on an internet forum before, and what was the forum? I've never been one for this long. Over the years I posted in a few spiritual ones, but I got bored of them quickly because I couldnt find answers to my questions. But at MDA that I get answers to whatever I ask about! And the answers take me to new questions.

For me, literally the worst thing in life is feeling trapped or stuck. I want to grow, develop, share, expand, learn, experience the magic that lies within us all. So when my life isnt moving forward... I find it agonisingly frustrating. That's the reason I'm here - I can see that this forum is making me transform in ways I wanted to transform for more than a decade. It's fuel for my inner journey. I don't know where it's going, but I know that in spite of all the darkness that crops up, there is a lot of light, and that for every bit of ignorance, there is wisdom and love.

Like everything in life, you take the good with the bad; the cream with the curd, and accept responsibility for your own experience.
    I'm glad this has been such a good space for you YB

I've certainly been on this forum much longer than any other place. I read way more than I post though, obviously. I suppose that has a lot to do with how much I'm trying to figure out for myself in comparison to the things I do feel I've figured out and can help others with. If I ever lose this weight I'm might feel like I have more to say