Page 181 of 244 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 181

diene is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Just NOW brand niacinamide. Like Turquoise said, it dissolves in water..
    Thanks! I'm buying some.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Hey girl, I believe that some people are born anxious! I think I was born depressed. My mu was severely depressed when she was pregnant with me, and I believe that the pregnant's mother's experience affects the baby's development.
    My mom was depressed when she was pregnant with me too.

I have purchased my "Derpamix was right" t-shirt, and I have decided to forgo all thinking from now on and delegate to you. Okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    ^hah, I would probably wear a shirt that said that just because nobody would have any idea what it referred to. Unless I randomly encountered someone from MDA, then they'd either be outraged, or amused.
    We should have some made!

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    @FireFinder

Do you mean good quality because it is organic and hormone free? I personally find that the only dairy I can eat a ton of and feel awesome instead of feeling extra horrid is straight from the farm. We even have a smallish local raw grass fed dairy that doesn't sit well with my family. Perhaps it is the plastic jugs it comes in. The raw milk from the house down the road with only a few cows? That stuff a person could live on. If there are options like that in your area it is REALLY worth hunting them down.
    Last edited by PaleoMom; 09-11-2013 at 07:47 AM.

YB,
    Sorry to hear about the hormonal emotional roller coaster. It is good to hear to looking past all that to what is going right. It happened so much slower for you but having left for awhile and come back I find it shocking at all the wonderful changes that have happened for you. Lots of good stuff is going on in that body of yours to feel good about.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ginafirenze View Post
    Hi YB!

Just read your journal “cover to cover” (is that embarrassing...)? I wish you could realize what a strong, beautiful, empowering woman you are. I completely sympathize with your body issues – even body hate, at times – and the fact that you had a trainer add some fuel to the fire recently is less than helpful. For the past few months I had been seeing a PT, and he convinced me to continue signing up for sessions because I still had “plenty to lose” and I "needed to look good in a bikini" (I apparently would make people flee the beach like a scene from Jaws at my current weight). I decided to stop seeing him about a month ago because as opposed to feeling strong and empowered by my workouts, I started feeling terrible about myself. If you are anything like me, you may feel almost as though you deserved the comments/treatment from your PT, and are unfortunately able justify them in your own mind. I promise you, you DON'T deserve them, and what he said is COMPLETELY unmerited!

Taking up yoga recently has really helped me start to value my body – I remember reading that you do it for more spiritual reasons and I can’t speak to your practice, but with every movement I hope you realize how amazing your body is and all that it is doing for you (hope that doesn't sound cheesy). I did a freakin' chin stand yesterday -- that has to make me at least a little bit of a badass! I saw your pictures, and you have a beautiful figure – one I am envious of! It is certainly a long road, and there are days I beat myself up, eat far more than I should, eat things that don't make me feel my best, etc. But I hope to be able to overcome the obstacles. And I certainly hope the same for you.

What supplements do you feel you’ve had the best results with during your experimentation through this journey? How are you doing with your Peat way of eating?

Will continue to follow your journey -- look forward to hopefully hearing about some more good days from you! Sending lots of positivity from Beantown
    Hello lovely lady! Welcome to the fold - happy to have you here And honestly, I'm very touched and honoured that you read all my rantings, and ravings I do think it's amazing though to see the transformation in me over the months. I do see myself taking steps back, but mostly it feels like progress. One-back, two-forward, two-back, three-forward kind of thing.

Do you have a tendency to binge? I've come to the conclusion that binging is caused by food intolerances and / or nutritional deficiencies. These have a physiological effect and cause us to crave certain foods as a means of regaining equilibrium within ourselves. What's your diet like? Are you low carb...?

I actually have very little desire for junk food these days. If I want some I'll eat some good quality ice cream with minimal guilt (it's not good for the waist line but at least it's nutritious and I'm not poisoning myself by eating it).

The Peat way is going really well! It just happened, and I love the foods. Best supplements are definitely gelatine, vitex (for female sex hormones), topical progesterone, liquid vitamin D and Vit B3. I've just started taking Raw thyroid, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm so glad you've taken up yoga - what kind do you do? Hugs
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

FireFinder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    @FireFinder

Do you mean good quality because it is organic and hormone free? I personally find that the only dairy I can eat a ton of and feel awesome instead of feeling extra horrid is straight from the farm. We even have a smallish local raw grass fed dairy that doesn't sit well with my family. Perhaps it is the plastic jugs it comes in. The raw milk from the house down the road with only a few cows? That stuff a person could live on. If there are options like that in your area it is REALLY worth hunting them down.
    I'm not eating raw- cant find much of it where in live but for some cheese. Maybe I'll nix the milk and cottage cheese and focus on a bit of raw cheese. If possible I really want to adjust to dairy again. Tx for the advice!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    WED, 11TH SEPT

Well... back to feeling amazing! (Aka. my new "normal" ) I'm not sure if this sounds negative, but I think I'm going to start factoring the crashes into my schedule. So, if I'm due to get my period, plan to be away in a beautiful place that weekend... or something. Not sure what see I could do... Any suggestions welcome! It just sucks being comotosed at home looking at four walls and not having the energy to reply to texts, answer phone calls or even watch a movie.

Had a great day career and friend-wise. Totally have the warm and fuzzies

Sleep last night was terrible. Couldn't sleep til 3.30am (until I ate something), woke at 7am. Still felt good though!

Food:
    3am - 60gs goat's cheese, grapes
    8am - 70gs goats cheese, 30gs brie, grapes
    9am-12am: 2 pints green tea, 4 sugars
    4pm: milk with gelatine and 2 sugars, 100gs cod roe
    6pm: coffee with milk
    10pm - vodka and soda and lime
    11pm - 600gs cottage cheese, hot milk with 3 sugars

Ate a full meal right before bed, so hoping that will help with sleep. Feeling pretty tired after my day, so fingers crossed...

Exercise
    YAY! Had the energy to get back to the gym... I missed you, my love <3

Lifting
    Deadlift - 30kg: 12; 10; 12
    Squats - 15kg: 12; 12, 20kg: 12.
    Clean and Jerk: 15kg: 12, 12, 12.

Swimming: 20 x 33 metres slow swim.

Also, today I had a reassuring realisation: selfies are SO much more flattering when you take them through the looking glass

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    That sucks that you have a health condition, and I do too most likely, but I think it's a good thing that body fat and perfect comp are not number one priority. I've probably said that a thousand times already, but that's what I strive for, good health first and foremost.
    My raw thyroid is finally supposed to arrive at some point today. Do you take a whole pill once a day? I read it's good to start with half or even a quarter two times a day and to gradually increase from there.
    Do you have any inklings about what you think might be wrong? I was sure I had a thyroid condition, but then that turned out to be only part of the problem.

From what I've read, the supplementation really depends on the person, and you have to experiment with it. I've taken it three times now, at different times of the day, and I liked 11am on an emptyish stomach best. I'm taking the whole pill in one go, but I'm taller and heavier than you, so it might work better for you if you split it... I can't say. But it is pretty potent stuff - I think if I took two I'd feel like I'd taken Class As! Tempting...

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    My mom was depressed when she was pregnant with me too.
    Did you ever think that it effected you?

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    YB,
    Sorry to hear about the hormonal emotional roller coaster. It is good to hear to looking past all that to what is going right. It happened so much slower for you but having left for awhile and come back I find it shocking at all the wonderful changes that have happened for you. Lots of good stuff is going on in that body of yours to feel good about.
    Thanks PM I'm getting used to the hormone waterfall. At least I know what it is now! Just wondering - what do you mean by "it happened slower" for me?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-11-2013 at 05:10 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Thanks PM I'm getting used to the hormone waterfall. At least I know what it is now! Just wondering - what do you mean by "it happened slower" for me?
    For you, you were dealing with the slow change of each day passing and improvement happening gradually. For me, I was away from the forum for a few months, came back and POOF your whole situation seemed completely different from when I had last checked up on you. Like how my kids grow so slow I don't notice but someone who hasn't seen them in a bit is amazed at how much they have grown.

ginafirenze is offline Junior Member
    Do you have a tendency to binge? I've come to the conclusion that binging is caused by food intolerances and / or nutritional deficiencies. These have a physiological effect and cause us to crave certain foods as a means of regaining equilibrium within ourselves. What's your diet like? Are you low carb...?

I actually have very little desire for junk food these days. If I want some I'll eat some good quality ice cream with minimal guilt (it's not good for the waist line but at least it's nutritious and I'm not poisoning myself by eating it).

The Peat way is going really well! It just happened, and I love the foods. Best supplements are definitely gelatine, vitex (for female sex hormones), topical progesterone, liquid vitamin D and Vit B3. I've just started taking Raw thyroid, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm so glad you've taken up yoga - what kind do you do? Hugs
    Happy Wednesday!

I unfortunately have a MAJOR tendency to binge. Why do you think you aren't as interested in junk anymore? A physiological need that is now being that was not being met prior? I'm not exactly sure what I believe causes it, but the deficiency/intolerance idea makes sense to me. As far as my diet is concerned, a typical day is as follows:
    B - 2 eggs, 1/2 avocado
    L - mixed greens salad with some sort of protein (grass fed beef, chicken from farmers market, etc.), avocado, onions, broccoli, carrots..pretty much whatever veggies I have hanging around
    D - mostly protein and a veg. sometimes another salad.
    Will sometimes, but rarely, snack in between meals on fruit, veggies, jerky, or nuts. I only drink water, sometimes coffee (either with cream or coconut milk or just cinnamon and a touch of sugar), and the occasional coconut water. Supplement with magnesium citrate (helps me sleep), D3, and B3.

When I was at my fittest, I was eating low carb, averaging ~50g or less/day. I was also doing IF, starting my day with bulletproof coffee, and my eating window ranged from around 2-4PM to about 8PM. My cravings were practically gone, I didn't binge or even have the urge to for many months. However, when I go low carb now, it doesn't have the same effect on me, and actually makes me crave more. Maybe it is my mental mindset, not my actual physiology? The Peat WOE interests me/I think I could be successful with it (judging from your food outline from today -- if I ate grapes, goat cheese, and brie in a day I would probably be the happiest lady in all of Massachusetts). I should read more into the few Peat threads on here -- one of which I think you started. What foods have you been eating most? For yoga, I have been doing mostly Vinyasa and am really, really enjoying it. I feel more at peace (with myself, just life in general) after every session. What kind do you do?

Apologize for the lengthy post...feel as though I'm hijacking your journal! Happy to read that as of today you are feeling amazing -- hope things continue to go well with friends and work! xx

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Hey girl, I believe that some people are born anxious! I think I was born depressed. My mu was severely depressed when she was pregnant with me, and I believe that the pregnant's mother's experience affects the baby's development. I'm really sorry to hear all the emotional trauma you went through. It's amazing that you've developed into a rational person and a loving mother - more power to you.
    A few years ago, my mother apologized for being too anxious when she was pregnant with me. She said that's what made me anxious.

When I was pregnant in India, and everyone says the mental state of the pregnant woman is most important, even beyond diet. I guess in the old days, people's diets were healthy by default.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Just knowing that my energy and mood were to improve in a few days during my last couple of periods was enough to mitigate a lot of the angst that came along with it. Perhaps you should write something now that you are back to normal to be read at the start of your next cycle ensuring you that it will all be over soon. Until you find a way to get rid of the symptoms, that's all I got.

Also my sleep was terrible last night as well (woke from 3:30-5 am) which never happens to me and I think it was because I ate a lot before bed. Time after time of eating a larger meal before sleep has resulted in a restless night for me... Weird how its opposite for you and most.
    Last edited by ombat; 09-11-2013 at 09:12 PM.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?