Page 179 of 244 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 179

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    And I'll just leave this here....

That's pretty cool.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Lego Michael Jackson as a werewolf from Thriller?
    Yeah. Think about it.

(I'm totally kidding - there's nothing to think about )

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Sorry you are feeling blue. Oddly, today has been the first day in a while that I'm more like myself, finally. Do you know why you are feeling the way you do? I know for me it's in part situational, in part out of the blue (no pun intended).
    I think getting good amount of sodium is super important for me, in order to get decent night's sleep. I remember you once mentioned you were not getting hardly any sodium, if I recall correctly.

It's funny you wrote this in response to FireFinder. I have been thinking about this lately and for the life of me I can't remember exactly how, why or even exactly when I jumped in on the Peat bandwagon. Beware severe triteness ahead --- it was like it was meant to be for me.
    Thanks Gray. I know for me it's 100% hormonal now. Every time I get my period I crash like this. I've been trying to apply loads of progesterone, but I guess it only partially worked this time. I'm glad you're feeling better!

You're right actually - I noticed salt helping with my sleep in the past... I even made a thread about it here! But I completely forgot. Will be interesting to see what happens tonight.

It's it funny how we feel we have to invalidate any kind of spiritual feelings we have? I'm sure this was just what you needed at the right time. For me the experience was a little different... My meds kicked in and suddenly my taste buds changed. I have a theory that what you eat reflects your inner physiology (and vica versa), which is why different personalities are drawn to different foods.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

girlhk is offline Senior Member

It's really interesting isn't it... the emotions / mind effect the physiology, and over long periods of time this becomes a permanent state (disease / illness) which effects the emotions / mind! In my case I went through a lot of sexual trauma and I think that's what fucked me up. What do you think gave rise to your anxiety? Was it family related?

And thank you - that really means a lot! I struggled alone with all this for 13 years - it was only with the support of the MDA community that I've been able to come through it! Support is crucial in healing. And the prism of other people's experiences give you pathways to explore other things. I know it sounds minor, but even after all the emotional work I did, giving up starch has been one of the biggest step in overcoming the ED
    I personally think I was anxious since birth, lol. I barely talked in my childhood, my parents had me tested because they thought I was mute. Conversation with non-family until late teens made be extremely anxious. My world was largely internal. I also had chronic acne from 10-18 years old, and some scarring from that, and my mother never hid the fact she thought I was ugly and a girl without a pretty face is worthless. She comes from a traditional family where girls' only goal in life is to get married. Because of this she doesn't care about anything except physical appearance. She always favored my prettiest sister. Besides this I guess I needed a lot of emotional support from 10 years old onwards (moved several times, lived away from home, bullied by cousins and classmates, etc) and she was never there (even though she did not have to work), and I resented her.

Now that I'm a mother myself, I can understand how hard it was for her. Still can't stand her though. My sisters are all obsessed with their faces and figures at the expense of health. I moved away from her as soon as I was able to, because I cannot keep my sanity in that environment.

Support is indeed crucial and it's awesome that you found this in MDA. I've read some parts of your journal and it's amazing to see the transformation. I get inspired by stories and self-experimentation... scientific studies never did it for me. :P

Oh, I wanted to ask-- have you eliminated starch completely?

I really want to but have difficulty doing so because I cook for my husband and kid, and both of them can't live without rice.

Plus, rice is really cheap compared to fruits...

ombat is offline Senior Member
    You didn't sound condescending at all! I understand what you mean. It actually just reminded me of the sanity and weight loss thread that was going on ages ago... when certain people were basically telling the slimmer people (who wanted to be slimmer still) that they should just accept what weight they were and stop making them feel bad about being heavy.

Anyway, after that thread I reached my highest ever weight, and I was trying to force myself into the mentality of "this is my weight, it's fine, there's nothing I can do", and then as soon as I switched to Peat I lost 8 lbs So basically, I know my body, and I know this isn't my weight. But I don't seem to have much control over how / when the weight comes off, so for now I've got to do my best and roll with it. And, I know this sounds strange (I can say it to you), but on a spiritual level I feel like the weight is a physical sign of baggage I'm still holding onto... and as I lose the baggage, I'll lose the weight. That's why there's a plateau right now I think.

Lol - no, I meant I was going to start taking niacinamide! Most of the time I just write "Vit B" cos I can never remember how to spell it I read earlier that niacinamide helps with acne... and leprosy!!! Always good to know.
    Kind of sounds like my mom - she had finally "accepted" that her body was just at it's natural weight, would still exercise and eat really well (she'd been primal a bit already) and would just deal. Then she tried going low carb for whatever reason and lost 20 pounds in the blink of an eye. So (and I can say this to you) there's another instance of letting go -> -> -> -> profit.

B3 - topically and orally - (I know I say that a million times but I'm driving the point home) has helped my acne tremendously. I notice an instant regression the moment I ease up. The leprosy, however.... okay let's not even joke about that. Your skin has been fine, has it not?

Girlhk, I admire your fortitude in the face of your childhood situation. That kind of behavior from a parent (or anyone) is unacceptable.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Thanks, ombat.

Having a kid changes one's perspective on everything. It made me stop hating my mother... just kinda have to accept that we can't change anybody.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hey, hey, what kind of topical B3 are you guys using?

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to chime in that vit B's are water soluble so I always take time-release vit B to make sure my body doesn't just get rid of the excess vit B in a matter of hours...

And hkgirl, my parents do not compare me to my siblings but they still love to call me fat. Yay for parents! Mom once said to me while I was trying on clothes, "that shirt only looks good on someone with big boobs and small waist. You have neither"
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

turquiosepassion-- that sounds like a classic chinese (asian?) thing to say!

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    turquiosepassion-- that sounds like a classic chinese (asian?) thing to say!
    Yep haha. I am indeed Manchurian/Chinese. Dad also brought home a xxxl blouse from china from me. I don't know how he seriously thought that was my size but....
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel