Page 175 of 244 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 175

diene is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nameless--Haha, it's not just you cuz I want to punch her PT in the face too.

YB -- I was just thinking as I was reading about how he pinched your arm--I was thinking that had my PT done that, I would have punched him in the face. Wtf?! It's so freaking rude! I know and I know you know that the body hate thing is irrational. You are in fact very slim and not at all gross. One of these days I will come up with the courage to post a frontal shot of me so you can see just how fat I am. I've never been to London so I can't comment on how thin the population there is. But I can say that the people in the Czech Republic and even Germany were significantly thinner than people here. But I think you're thin even by European standards.

As for the weight loss going slowly--just remember, slow weight loss is weight loss that you can keep off. Usually, if you lose weight rapidly, it's also really easy to gain it back. And losing and regaining is pretty pointless so, in that sense, slow weight loss is a good thing!

I'm glad that things are working out with yoga guy.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Your PT is stupid. He is trying to make you hire him more by making you feel obese.

Are you iron deficient? That's how my best friend kept losing hair.

Also, I saw you asking questions about lifting. I don't know a ton but what I do know is if you are trying to lean out and tone instead of building huge muscles, you are better served working out your whole body at one time than to isolate muscle groups. Try doing 1-2 sets of 11-15 reps of each exercise with the maximum weight you can handle with good form.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I am sooo happy right now. Just had a glass of warm milk with sugar and gelatine in it! Sweet hot milk was my favourite childhood drink. I love that I'm "allowed" to drink it again before bed

I'm planning on eating a snack before bed from now on. I always used to do it, and I think it will help me sleep. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Aaw, sorry to hear about the body hate
    If you ever came to any of the Southern states, the deep fried and all kinds of other crappy foods mecca of the world, as thin and taut you are, you would stand out as a minority.
    I really understand how things are in Europe in that regard. People will speak their minds, too. A lot of pressure on being thin. In the poorer countries there is a lot of emphasis on that too.
    Thanks <3 Yeah, the problem is really with me, not my body though... My housemate has a similar amount of body fat to me, but she considers herself skinny! Weird how some people dgaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Your gettin too relaxed and letting yourself skip meals and your not taking your supps consistently. I can see why your getting stressed and not feeling as good.
    I think it's the fall out of the last two weeks. I've been really stressed with work, and this was compounded by all the stressful exercise (which I thought was helping me). I'm definitely going to try eating smaller meals more frequently though, and drinking one meal a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    It's not just me, right? I kind of want to punch your PT in the face. That (basically telling you you're fat, especially in that way) seems really inappropriate to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    YB -- I was just thinking as I was reading about how he pinched your arm--I was thinking that had my PT done that, I would have punched him in the face. Wtf?! It's so freaking rude! I know and I know you know that the body hate thing is irrational. You are in fact very slim and not at all gross.
    Thing is though... I don't think he was being a dick head about it. He's in great shape, and I think he's really sensitive to body fat on people. According to the number on his machine, I was in the borderline overweight category, so he went by that. Or do I just have a crap dick head radar?!

Also, Di... unfortunately I don't really believe that my fat thoughts are irrational! Thanks though.

As for the weight loss going slowly--just remember, slow weight loss is weight loss that you can keep off. Usually, if you lose weight rapidly, it's also really easy to gain it back. And losing and regaining is pretty pointless so, in that sense, slow weight loss is a good thing!
    Thanks - that's good to keep in mind. I'm just frustrated cos I stalled for two weeks, or even gained a little. I just feel like I have so much to lose before I'm even close to where I was before this whole ordeal. And then it seemed like I went backwards... but it;s a process: I appreciate that. And I learned things!

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Your PT is stupid. He is trying to make you hire him more by making you feel obese.

Are you iron deficient? That's how my best friend kept losing hair.

Also, I saw you asking questions about lifting. I don't know a ton but what I do know is if you are trying to lean out and tone instead of building huge muscles, you are better served working out your whole body at one time than to isolate muscle groups. Try doing 1-2 sets of 11-15 reps of each exercise with the maximum weight you can handle with good form.
    Welcome TP Ha, the PT being a jerk seems to be the general consensus with the ladies here

It's very possible about the iron - I've considered it. Iron is a contentious issue with the Peat community

Thanks for the lifting tips - that's really helpful. I might just try doing 2-3 full body routines a week and see how I go. You lift, right? What's your protocol?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    PT is a jerk and seems to have read The Game and based his client skills on it. Ugh. Run.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    My body hate is pretty high right now. I keep remembering the PT pinching the fat on my arms and saying "What's that? That's not muscle!" It's not helped by London being a particularly skinny city, where most women are about 18% bf. I feel gross. And I feel so frustrated too, that this weight loss is taking so foooking long! At least I've given up the aerobic style exercises in favour, and my appetite seems to have diminished again. We'll see what happens.
    Don't let the PT get to you! He just says those things for business.

Also, just because city people are thin doesn't mean they're healthy. I know loads of women who smoke or eat next to nothing just to stay skinny. I lived in Hong Kong.. the newly crowned Miss Hong Kong is under 90 lbs.

You've come so far already, and this journal is helping a lot of people.

Iron: I read the peat thread. I think J3nn mentioned she does a modified peat protocol (no dairy) because her hair fell out due to low iron? Maybe you should talk to her about iron and peat.

Lifting: I did 6x strength a week this summer while on steak & eggs. Now I am at 3-4x. I don't do much aerobics because all it does is stress my body out, make me ravenous, and be counterproductive in general. I also have done p90x before lol.

I mix it up between:
    -legs days (dead lifts, squats of all varieties, lunges, hip bridges). I try to pick a weight that I do about 10ish reps on. Not muscle failure because muscle failure for legs is NOT fun (been there done that...ouch).
    - all over (1-2 sets of each body part). I do this the most nowadays.
    -arms & shoulders (curls, chair dips, shoulder presses, etc at 20lb weights with 12ish reps. Slowly increasing weight)
    -back/chest (inclined bench press, bench press, push-ups, assisted pull-ups, rows, etc.) This one I am tweaking because I don't think I am gaining enough.
    -HIIT: 16 mins of 2 min Intervals of uphill 5mph jogging + 2 min intervals of 3.5mph walking. I try to do this once a week but it gets to be once every 2 weeks.
    -slow moving at high resistance on elliptical for 30-60mins 2x a week. Not really super elevated heart rate...just like walking but tones the parts of my legs the leg days do not.
    -walk as much as possible. I buy groceries in small quantities and comparison shop between stores so I have to walk more.
    -salsa dance, etc as much as I can for fun.

I do free weights where I can instead of machines because free weights require more muscle to stabilize the movements and thus is supposedly more effective.

Basically a modified primal blueprint type of "lift heavy things, sprint once a week, play, and move slowly constantly" workout. Too much aerobics used to be my culprit too. I used to live on the elliptical.
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 09-04-2013 at 06:44 PM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    I do think that you might not have good dickhead radar. I have a feeling if this happened to a friend of yours you might think differently about it than you do. When it happens to us it is easy to criticize ourselves and think of our own flaws and the possible truth in what they said. He is an ass trying to break you down so that you will want him to rescue you by whipping you into shape (for a handsome fee).

We are 6 months into this and both wanting to lose, which is frustrating, but I also keep trying to remember the big picture. The men in the Minnesota Starvation experiment didn't get back to normal for 18 months. I don't want to wait another year to start looking like myself again and wearing clothes I like but at the same time when nothing I do can make an ounce come off of me, perhaps it is good and healthy to just accept where I am at, have patience and hope that with time it will all sort out by next year? I don't know.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    PT is a jerk and seems to have read The Game and based his client skills on it. Ugh. Run.
    LOL I don't see where the underhand compliment was though... just seemed like he was telling me I'm fat

Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    Don't let the PT get to you! He just says those things for business.

You've come so far already, and this journal is helping a lot of people.
    Aw thanks girlhk. I'm not sure how the journal is helping people... most of the time it's just me whining about feeling fat, haha Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Iron: I read the peat thread. I think J3nn mentioned she does a modified peat protocol (no dairy) because her hair fell out due to low iron? Maybe you should talk to her about iron and peat.

Lifting: I did 6x strength a week this summer while on steak & eggs. Now I am at 3-4x. I don't do much aerobics because all it does is stress my body out, make me ravenous, and be counterproductive in general. I also have done p90x before lol.

I mix it up between:
    -legs days (dead lifts, squats of all varieties, lunges, hip bridges). I try to pick a weight that I do about 10ish reps on. Not muscle failure because muscle failure for legs is NOT fun (been there done that...ouch).
    - all over (1-2 sets of each body part). I do this the most nowadays.
    -arms & shoulders (curls, chair dips, shoulder presses, etc at 20lb weights with 12ish reps. Slowly increasing weight)
    -back/chest (inclined bench press, bench press, push-ups, assisted pull-ups, rows, etc.) This one I am tweaking because I don't think I am gaining enough.
    -HIIT: 16 mins of 2 min Intervals of uphill 5mph jogging + 2 min intervals of 3.5mph walking. I try to do this once a week but it gets to be once every 2 weeks.
    -slow moving at high resistance on elliptical for 30-60mins 2x a week. Not really super elevated heart rate...just like walking but tones the parts of my legs the leg days do not.
    -walk as much as possible. I buy groceries in small quantities and comparison shop between stores so I have to walk more.
    -salsa dance, etc as much as I can for fun.

I do free weights where I can instead of machines because free weights require more muscle to stabilize the movements and thus is supposedly more effective.

Basically a modified primal blueprint type of "lift heavy things, sprint once a week, play, and move slowly constantly" workout. Too much aerobics used to be my culprit too. I used to live on the elliptical.
    Thanks for all the info TP! It's good to read what other people are doing. Stupid question, but what is 90x?!

Totally relate to the aerobics being counter productive. Glad I learned that lesson fast...!

I was heavily involved in the iron discussion on the Peat thread... it's an ongoing investigation

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I do think that you might not have good dickhead radar. I have a feeling if this happened to a friend of yours you might think differently about it than you do. When it happens to us it is easy to criticize ourselves and think of our own flaws and the possible truth in what they said. He is an ass trying to break you down so that you will want him to rescue you by whipping you into shape (for a handsome fee).

We are 6 months into this and both wanting to lose, which is frustrating, but I also keep trying to remember the big picture. The men in the Minnesota Starvation experiment didn't get back to normal for 18 months. I don't want to wait another year to start looking like myself again and wearing clothes I like but at the same time when nothing I do can make an ounce come off of me, perhaps it is good and healthy to just accept where I am at, have patience and hope that with time it will all sort out by next year? I don't know.
    yeah, that's a good point. If a friend told me that story I'd be seriously mad for her. I guess because I have body issues I feel his statements were justified.

Well actually, I am losing! I changed my diet to Ray Peat, and the weight started to come off. I lost 8 lbs quite quickly, then regained 2, but now losing again (I think).

Before I started losing weight I kept trying to tell myself that it would happen when it wold happen, but I was very unhappy about it, yet couldn't do anything about it. So, I'm not sure the weight loss would have just sorted itself out if I had kept eating the foods I was. There is a hormonal dance at play too, obviously, but in my case a lot of it was dietary...

How is your energy these days?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

P90x is a very intensive weight training-based program. 6 days a week of heavy lifting, jump training (plyometrics), Etc. wayyyy too intensive by primal definition but I still do some of the workouts to push myself at the gym. It does work wonders though.

If you want to lean out, strength training should be your focus point! I am leaner now with ++ 20lbs of muscle over the last few years but am at the same weight I started out with... Except I went from an US pant size 8-10 to 4 at 5'9". I can eat so much more with those pounds of muscle and still be at maintenance.
    ------

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I am sooo happy right now. Just had a glass of warm milk with sugar and gelatine in it! Sweet hot milk was my favourite childhood drink. I love that I'm "allowed" to drink it again before bed
    When I was little, this always helped me get to sleep I had warm goat's milk with honey last week and it was so fulfilling.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).