Page 173 of 244 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 173

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    I was referring to your previous diets (I hope I'm right and haven't made a stuff up) you where low carb, low calorie, for a long while I think. Now your eating peat ( good on ya) for a month or 2, your body may be trying to balance peat a bit.
    Oh no... I haven't been low carb in a long time. Gave up that madness last December!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

This whole process fascinates me.

For the last year I've seen my body jump from one gear to another, with this over-exercising being the latest thing I've experimented with. It's remarkable all the things that you learn along the way, and how every stage somehow propels you perfectly into the next. Or at least it works like that when you're open to change. I feel like everything in my life is building on something else.

I don't really care what the trainer said, but it's making it very clear to me that I have major body hate issues that I need to address. I'm better than I was, but I spend an inordinate amount of time with the words "You're fat" going through my head. I can't be logical about it either - I would like to say that I know I'm not borderline overweight (like the PT said) but I don't really believe it.

I'm constantly fighting to have a better body, but the stress from this battle actually eats away at me. In the external fight (the over-exercising) my body ate it's own muscles, in the internal fight my stress levels cause me to over-eat. So I get stuck in this yo-yo cycle, which stems from fighting myself.

In life, I've often pushed as hard as I could, and whenever I've done that, my visions have dissolved like words in water. In the last two months, something changed. I let go. I opened up. I stopped pushing. And "things" started happening. "Things" I've wanted for the longest time suddenly came to me.

And then, unconsciously, I started pushing again. My body knew before I did, and I got the signals through the change in my skin, sleep, arms, eating.

It's time to step back again, and enjoy the process, go with the flow, and stop trying to control.

I have a fantastic job
    I have wonderful friends
    I make good money
    I have exciting romances
    I have a great connection with the Universe
    I have fun every day
    I look good
    I feel good

DAMN...this is a good life.

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Hey YB!

I'm going to guess in at 20-22% based on what I looked like after a bod pod test that showed me at 24%.

Zach is offline Banned
    Yea looks better. Make sure to focus more on strength in your yoga. calisthenics.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I have a fantastic job
    I have wonderful friends
    I make good money
    I have exciting romances
    I have fun every day
    I look good
    I feel good

Way too much optimism for me. Glad you feel that way, though, unfortunately my mind focuses on the ugly aspects of everything first, and I cannot find anything good about much of anything. It's all so boring.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Zach is offline Banned
    Quit being a downer, derp. Life is beautiful! At least it is when you get away from the city! Being in a canoe all day reminded me of that.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I have a fantastic job
    I have wonderful friends
    I make good money
    I have exciting romances
    I have fun every day
    I look good
    I feel good

Good for you. Enjoy all that.

Although now that I've accomplished all that (except for the exciting romances, hahaha! And replace looking good with looking okay), sadly I discovered it's not what I thought it would be and perhaps not what I needed. Kinda depressing, come to think of it.
    Sorry, didn't mean to be a downer. A topic for a different time and place, obviously.
    Last edited by Graycat; 09-02-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Quit being a downer, derp. Life is beautiful! At least it is when you get away from the city! Being in a canoe all day reminded me of that.
    Every day I haven't enjoyed is a day wasted. I only have 19560 days left, assuming I live until 80.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Hey YB!

I'm going to guess in at 20-22% based on what I looked like after a bod pod test that showed me at 24%.
    Thanks PM Good to see you back on the forum! I'm so sorry - I just realised I didn't reply to the last email! How are things going with you and your treatment?

Yea looks better. Make sure to focus more on strength in your yoga. calisthenics.
    Thanks dude. As always <3 Really appreciated your advice on this.

Life is beautiful, except for all the damn PEOPLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post

Although now that I've accomplished all that (except for the exciting romances, hahaha! And replace looking good with looking okay), sadly I discovered it's not what I thought it would be and perhaps not what I needed. Kinda depressing, come to think of it.
    Sorry, didn't mean to be a downer. A topic for a different time and place, obviously.
    Ha - you got it all wrong - philosophical conversations are my favourite I find it interesting that you said "accomplished". It makes it sound like you had a list of things you thought you needed to make you happy. SO many people have them. And the irony is that they are the surest way towards unhappiness - living life by a set of criteria you somehow came to believe was correct.

The more I listen to myself and do what I believe is right, the happier I am...

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Way too much optimism for me. Glad you feel that way, though, unfortunately my mind focuses on the ugly aspects of everything first, and I cannot find anything good about much of anything. It's all so boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Every day I haven't enjoyed is a day wasted. I only have 19560 days left, assuming I live until 80.
    I really, really feel you on this. It used to be the biggest source of pain in my life - the feeling that I was wasting it. I didn't want to live: I was just existing, and sometimes I did want to live, but didn't have the energy to do anything. So I know how you feel, really.

The source of our discontent is probably different though. I hope I'm not overstepping the mark here, but Derp, I wonder if you want to be happy. I get the impression from you that you crave passion and excitement, but somehow you believe that to be incongruous with happiness. Like happiness is stability, and thus boredom.

I feel these days that life is magical. It's hard to put it into words, but the way I feel these last three months has made all years I suffered worth it. For most of it, I was learning. Looking at life like an educational experience makes it really valid. But it's hard to do that when you feel trapped.

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

I have a fantastic job
    I have wonderful friends
    I make good money
    I have exciting romances
    I have fun every day
    I look good
    I feel good

Hey, hey, I'm a bit behind since I've been away from the forum for the past 3 days. But I'm baaaack!

It's great that you're feeling so positive! I've never been able to look at my life and conclude that it's a good life. But I also like to wallow in misery so there goes.

There's no freaking way that you're either at 27% body fat or borderline overweight. Please. Those handheld devices aren't accurate at all. Plus, if you ate anything or drank any fluids within 2 hours of the measurement, it will be even more inaccurate! I had a free PT session at my globo gym the weekend before last, and the guy measured my bodyfat with one of those handheld devices and it showed 27.8%. I know that even I don't have that much body fat. Haha! And he proceeded to tell me that 27.8% was in the poor range, which isn't really even true. When I had my bod pod measurement done at the university, the chart they gave me said that 23-30% was moderately lean. It doesn't get to poor until you're above 30%. Anyway, he made me sound like I was overweight as well and desperately needed his help to get in shape.

Anyway, those PTs are just trying to sell you personal training sessions and that's why he told you that you're fat or whatever. If he said that you were perfect, you'd be less likely to buy sessions from him. The PT I had even criticized the 5-3-1 protocol that my crossfit coach uses for most of our lifts. He said that that protocol bulks you up but that the muscle mass you gain isn't lean muscle. He was just talking out of his ass--what a retard! Even I know that fewer reps + heavier weight = less bulk.

From your pictures, I'd say you're around 20-22%. I think you look great--very lean and fit. Don't listen to PTs at globo gyms, and don't buy personal training sessions from them. They usually don't know anything, and they're so brainwashed by conventional wisdom that it's just depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post

Oh Gray, you look beautiful! You really do!