Page 172 of 244 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 172

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Have you considered cascara for the bloat?
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Have you considered cascara for the bloat?
    Someone may have told me about it once or twice But remember I said I was nervous about taking it cos I have IBS-D? WOuldnt it make it worse?

Hey, also: on an unrelated note... I've been getting the sweats at night A LOT lately. I'm cold going to bed, but wake up sweating. Doesn't feel good.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Doubt it, it's worth a shot anyway.

Probably from the exercise.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Zach is offline Banned
    Definitely from the exercise. Endurance work trains yourbody to store body fat and gets rid of excess muscle.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Yoga i think you look great! Keep eating peat and don't stress about what the trainer said!!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Doubt it, it's worth a shot anyway.

Probably from the exercise.
    I've a feeling there'll be lots of shots if I try it But what the hey. If it's not too pricely I'll try it. I'll let you know how it goes.

That makes sense actually. I guess I've been overdoing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Definitely from the exercise. Endurance work trains yourbody to store body fat and gets rid of excess muscle.
    Okay - bye bye step aerobics! Does my new regime look better dude? (it's on the page over).
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Yoga i think you look great! Keep eating peat and don't stress about what the trainer said!!
    Aw, thanks Max! I appreciate that

- Ray Peat

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Hey YB,
    Mind if join in with a few of my crazy ideas?

Your body wanting to eat more for a couple of days after not eating much for a week is perfectly normal. I believe our bodies thrive on cycles, females especially.
    Been massive carb wars raging on the forum lately, half the peeps been sayin, "gotta go low", the other half "gotta go high".
    I'm like fuck it, why can't we do both? I wrote a little piece to derp the other day focusing on the "yin and yang" of the carb wars. It's in my journal, you should read it.

There is yin and yang every where in our bodies. Your body (happily) did some yin (low calorie) while in Ireland, fantastic, now that its back it wants to do some yang (high calories) let it oppose itself.

Regarding your fitness protocol, some days of complete rest will do you wonders, even if you want to do the same amount of exercise, condense your whole week into half a week (ie a couple of things a day). It's the yin and yang again, ya gotta balance intensity with rest, sleep is not really rest, it is the opposite of the day and needed wether we do a lot or a little. Our bodies can do amazing things, but only half the time, an Olympic athlete, that peaks intensity for six months before the big event, opposes with six months rest after the event.

Balance, cycles, these are the things your body is craving because (I think, forgive me if I'm wrong) you have been pushing down a line for a long while, now your pushing in a new direction, your body will be trying to tell you not to keep on pushing and cycle back occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Welcome DH Thanks for the thoughts. It aint so crazy - you're not the only one who believes in balance and flow I eat a lower fat diet, but I've learned I can't go too low or it throws me out. I read that post you made and I liked it a lot.

Balance, cycles, these are the things your body is craving because (I think, forgive me if I'm wrong) you have been pushing down a line for a long while, now your pushing in a new direction, your body will be trying to tell you not to keep on pushing and cycle back occasionally.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this though... What are you referring to? I've only been exercising for 2.5 months because prior to that I didn't have the energy to peel myself off the couch for loooong periods of time. The exercise regime has morphed every week... Oh, there are no rest days factored in, but that's cos I just rest when I feel I need it. Probably every five days I take a day off.

- Ray Peat

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Welcome DH Thanks for the thoughts. It aint so crazy - you're not the only one who believes in balance and flow I eat a lower fat diet, but I've learned I can't go too low or it throws me out. I read that post you made and I liked it a lot.

I'm not sure what you mean by this though... What are you referring to? I've only been exercising for 2.5 months because prior to that I didn't have the energy to peel myself off the couch for loooong periods of time. The exercise regime has morphed every week... Oh, there are no rest days factored in, but that's cos I just rest when I feel I need it. Probably every five days I take a day off.
    I was referring to your previous diets (I hope I'm right and haven't made a stuff up) you where low carb, low calorie, for a long while I think. Now your eating peat ( good on ya) for a month or 2, your body may be trying to balance peat a bit.

Sent from my iPhone
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)