Page 171 of 244 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 171

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now

Oh Dear.

Today I went for a free personal training session at the gym. We did deadliest, squats, pull and jerk (?) plus a load of other free weight stuff, and after the session the PT told me that he'd rate me as a 6 out of 10 for fitness, which he said was very good. He reckoned it wouldn't take much work to get me to a really high level of fitness.

However, he made a comment about my body fat during the session, and afterwards I asked him about it. He told me that I'm carrying A LOT of body fat, and he proceeded to measure me with one of those electronic devices. I couldn't believe what came up. 27.7%! He told me that I'm in the normal range, but I'm on the border of being considered overweight

I've only been measured once before - 14 months ago, with those calliper things, and then I was 19%. I'm really shocked that my body fat might have increased so much... particularly given that I've already lost weight! Guys, could you do me a favour and check out this pic? It was taken on Friday - do you think I'm 27.7% bf? http://i.imgur.com/Mj2rUY4.jpg

Saying that, I have noticed that while my legs are getting thinner, my arms are actually getting chunkier. Don't know what's going on with that. I'm guessing it's from the type of exercising I'm doing.

So, time for a change! Zach's recommendations came at the perfect time. I love it when things align like this

New Exercise regime:
    Monday: Lift heavy, walk on treadmill @ incline
    Tuesday: Stop Power Pump. Swimming instead.
    Wednesday: Stop Step Aerobics Lift heavy.
    Thursday: Yoga (intense)
    Friday: Swimming
    Saturday: Stop Power Pump. Lift heavy and Dance Aerobics.
    Sunday: Yoga (intense).

Rest
    I'm also not really getting enough sleep. Most nights I get five hours. Thing is, for the last 2.5 months, I've been on a high. Kind of feel like I'm permanently on drugs So I have too much energy to sleep soundly. Not sure what to do about this. I might try having a snack before bed... when I was a teenager I would always have some cheese before bed. I stopped cos I heard it makes you put on weight... But I was skinny back then.

And other stuff.

Diet:
    I would love to tweak the diet for more weight loss, but I don't think it's viable. My main focus with the diet is to avoid feeling "bingey" and overeating. That's what really fucks me up.

I know now that I can't restrict anything too severely. I can't drop below 40gs fat or I crave fat. I need a considerable amount of protein and carbs too. So... just gonna try and keep this balanced I guess.

Been implementing all the below over the last few days and feel good.

- OJ mixed with gelatine as one meal a day, a few days a week.
    - Carrot salad every day.
    - Teaspoon of coconut oil.
    - At least 3 gelatine envelopes.
    - Less Fruit, more sugar.
    - More animal Vit A: liver, crab, oysters.

Sups:
    - Progesterone oil three times a day, and Vitex twice a day.
    - Vit D.
    - Aspirin after each workout
    - Baking soda in OJ before, during, after a workout

Any other suggestions welcome!
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-02-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Look, I'm not an expert, but that guy is fucking insane. There is no way you're at 27% body fat. 19% looks much more accurate to me. What device did he use and does he know how to use calipers? I just don't see where you need to lose any =\ You're at a really great point for building muscle & having the definition show up beautifully.

I misread as "Carrots mixed with gelatine and wondered how you do that" =P
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Are you stretching and on your toes? Maybe stand up normally. You don't look 27%

Also, I noticed your underwear says "he loves me..."
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Look, I'm not an expert, but that guy is fucking insane. There is no way you're at 27% body fat. 19% looks much more accurate to me. What device did he use and does he know how to use calipers? I just don't see where you need to lose any =\ You're at a really great point for building muscle & having the definition show up beautifully.

I misread as "Carrots mixed with gelatine and wondered how you do that" =P
    Thank you for saying that! I'm definitely not 19% though. My estimation was 22-23%, but saying that my arms are chunkier than they've ever been. I presumed it was water weight...

It was a handheld scale. I just read about them on BB.com and they say they're pretty shit... so that's something

But still, the PT could see me in the flesh, and he still reckoned I'm fat..!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Are you stretching and on your toes? Maybe stand up normally. You don't look 27%

Also, I noticed your underwear says "he loves me..."
    Not on toes... my arms are over my head but I wouldn't say I'm stretching much...

And yeah

ETA - I'm standing on a stool, maybe that's why I look like i"m on my toes...
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-02-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Well, it's tough to get an accurate estimation(lol oxymoron) when you're stretching upwards, but 27% is still off. For the arms, maybe do some more bodyweight stuff.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Comparing to BF% pics I've seen online, I'd guesstimate you are approx 20%.
    But....forget about body fat percentages and weight for a minute and think about how do you really see yourself. That's what should matter most.
    IMO you look great, lean and tall. Weights are your friends if you want to firm up more. I use 2 at 15lbs. each. As much as I love my running, I've cut back to 3 days a week now, cause I felt getting a little obcessed with it.

Really, where do you meet all these people? What's this one trying to sell you?

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Comparing to BF% pics I've seen online, I'd guesstimate you are approx 20%.
    But....forget about body fat percentages and weight for a minute and think about how do you really see yourself. That's what should matter most.
    IMO you look great, lean and tall. Weights are your friends if you want to firm up more. I use 2 at 15lbs. each. As much as I love my running, I've cut back to 3 days a week now, cause I felt getting a little obcessed with it.

Really, where do you meet all these people? What's this one trying to sell you?
    Thank you for saying that! Well, unfortunately I see myself as fat. Which is nothing new! This was the first time someone else said it to me though. He's a PT, so he obviously wants me to go for more sessions with him, but I don't think he had a game plan..

Here's me right now, arms down (I officially have no shame )

imgur: the simple image sharer (please take end of day bloat into consideration).

- Ray Peat

Yeah, nothing indicating 27% on the stomach and hips. You're moving along well.

Zach is offline Banned
    You sure your not sucking in? 20-23% id guess unless your sucking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Yeah, nothing indicating 27% on the stomach and hips. You're moving along well.
    Thanks D

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    You sure your not sucking in? 20-23% id guess unless your sucking in.
    Haha - of course I'm sucking in I just ate a whole honey dew melon! I look three months pregnant with the bloat...

I could take one first thing in the morning, if that would be more accurate?

But actually the main thing I'm surprised about are my arms... they really have changed shape. I remember something similar happened to a friend of mine when she started doing triathlons... I wonder if it's the kind of exercise that makes the arms bulk up like that?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-02-2013 at 12:47 PM.

- Ray Peat