Page 17 of 244 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 17

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I have only read quotations from her writing, but certainly her books are on my (incredibly long for I am greedy in all things) Amazon wishlist.
    Adding to mine Thanks for teh head's up.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    If it were hypermetabolism though, wouldn't I be losing weight? Also, my body temp has not budged... took it this morning after a two week hiatus and it was 96.26F.
    I experienced this too in the very beginning, even before my temp was up. I also had it happen after some crazy high binges in the past. I think it is like a temporary hypermetabolism. Perhaps, since the metabolism is still low the body wants to store new surplus as fat for protection, but you've eaten more than the body is capable of turning into fat in one day and so it doesn't know what else to do but burn it off as heat. This mostly seems to only happen at night. Just a theory, I don't actually know.

Zach is offline Banned
    If it were hypermetabolism though, wouldn't I be losing weight? Also, my body temp has not budged... took it this morning after a two week hiatus and it was 96.26F.
    I agree with PaleoMom that is is a temporary response by your body to manage the excess calories, which is a good thing! You may not be losing but your isnt just instantly storing all the excess. I think its a first step and one the i definitely went through when figuring out my sleep situation.

Also check out Matt Stones new article on raising temp with heat. Very interesting and something i have been davbling in for a bit with good success.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post

Also check out Matt Stones new article on raising temp with heat. Very interesting and something i have been davbling in for a bit with good success.
    What types of things have you been doing? I found that article very interesting, especially since I did the cold baths for awhile. I did feel like there was a lot of benefit to the cold, but it certainly never helped me lose any weight.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    What types of things have you been doing? I found that article very interesting, especially since I did the cold baths for awhile. I did feel like there was a lot of benefit to the cold, but it certainly never helped me lose any weight.
    I think cold is great for inflammation, healing certain injuries, mental toughness and resilience. I dont think its a good idea at all for people who are t already healthy. It is a huge shock to the system and causes a lot of stress.

Things i have been doing for quite awhile, whenever i get a chill that wont go away or feeling really lethargic i will take a shower, sauna or hot tub as hot as i can get it for as long as i can. This seems to raise body temps for hours after and restores good mood. I wish i had a good soaking tub so i could use mineral salts along with this, i bet it would cause a big difference doing daily.

Also sleeping at night in really warm temps and plenty of warm air circulation makes me sleep much deeper. Adding layers of clothes in th AM until i feel my temps really cranking before i take them off. Laying the the sun as naked as possible as much as possible

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I experienced this too in the very beginning, even before my temp was up. I also had it happen after some crazy high binges in the past. I think it is like a temporary hypermetabolism. Perhaps, since the metabolism is still low the body wants to store new surplus as fat for protection, but you've eaten more than the body is capable of turning into fat in one day and so it doesn't know what else to do but burn it off as heat. This mostly seems to only happen at night. Just a theory, I don't actually know.
    I agree with PaleoMom that is is a temporary response by your body to manage the excess calories, which is a good thing! You may not be losing but your isnt just instantly storing all the excess. I think its a first step and one the i definitely went through when figuring out my sleep situation.

I attributed the night sweats to the body burning food off thermogenically... I presume that's the same as hypermetabolism? Thing is though, I'm pretty sure I'm still gaining...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Laying the the sun as naked as possible as much as possible
    Lol - where do you live man?>!

I think my problem is that I'm intolerant to the cold and the heat. If I get remotely hot I start sweating and go really red. Apparently it's a sign of impaired thyroid function if you can't balance your body temp.

I have a theory that my body temp has set low, which is why I'm always cold, and also why I experience such physical discomfort when it starts to raise. It's almost like the body wants to stay at that low temp.

So taking hot baths (which I do), wearing loads of clothes, lying in the sun, exercise: they don't help me, cos all the heat rushes up to my skin to keep my core temperature low.

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Lol - where do you live man?>!

I think my problem is that I'm intolerant to the cold and the heat. If I get remotely hot I start sweating and go really red. Apparently it's a sign of impaired thyroid function if you can't balance your body temp.

I have a theory that my body temp has set low, which is why I'm always cold, and also why I experience such physical discomfort when it starts to raise. It's almost like the body wants to stay at that low temp.

So taking hot baths (which I do), wearing loads of clothes, lying in the sun, exercise: they don't help me, cos all the heat rushes up to my skin to keep my core temperature low.
    I have a nice deck.

Read the article and the links to the guy who works on fixing temps through heat. Sounds like its something you might want to experimet with. That and thyroid meds, when you getting those tests?

I have a nice deck.

Read the article and the links to the guy who works on fixing temps through heat. Sounds like its something you might want to experimet with. That and thyroid meds, when you getting those tests?
    I'm so jealous of your climate... even in the snow you can probably lie out. It's way too damp in this part of the world.

I read the article but hadn't seen the link to Steve Richenfield's work - looks really good! Some evening reading for me

Had my blood taken this morning. I tried to ask the nurse what hormones were going to be checked for thyroid function but it was about as helpful as a broken face... since she didn't understand the word "hormones"

I should get the results in five days for thyroid, cholesterol, and ferretin.

- Ray Peat

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    OK, every time I see your journal title I know it's (This is Not a) Love Song... but then I see Lobe stuck in the middle of it and my brain digs up Lisa Lobe!
    (Which is this, if you don't remember her from the mid 90's)

So what I get is a really WEIRD mental mashup... really weird. O_o

Also, the laying in the sun naked in London comment above.
    That made me LOL.
    I have it easier being in sunny FL, but I'm very pale/sun sensitive and take a med that makes me even more ultra sensitive to the sun, so... not so much!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.