Page 169 of 244 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 169

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Pre-workout. Baking soda is for sodium, with oj, pre, during, and after. Brewer's yeast is good short term, but if it makes you bloat, I'm not sure if that's because it's also full of estrogen or not.

Probably, it's stimulating some sort of addictive response.
    Thank you - I'll try all that. I'll start the Brewer's yeast again... I have a whole bag and I can't justify buying another B supplement while I have it.

I'm also going to up my sugar intake (white, maple, honey) to see if it works better than huge quantities of fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Maybe you should apply some progesterone oil to your scalp. I'm starting today I'll let you know how it goes for me. I read a lot of positive feedback on it online.
    I was unbelievably sad for few days in a row some two weeks ago (as you probably know) but it went away. I was absolutely miserable and so glad it's over.
    I tried the prog oil on my scalp a few days ago How much are you using?

I'm actually starting to wonder if my hair might be falling out as a response to suddenly upping my exercise regime... Thing is, my hair actually looks great It's got loads of body and looks shiny. So maybe it's like Derp said, and I'm shedding in response to healthier hairs growing...

I know - and you hypothesised that it was cos you were releasing something from your fat stores. Definitely possible! I think that's part of why I've been feeling bingey, and a bit all over the place this week. I'm pretty sure the depression is due to low progesterone though - in my case. I upped my dose today and I think my period went away...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I'm also going to up my sugar intake (white, maple, honey) to see if it works better than huge quantities of fruit.
    Will probably be much easier on your digestion. Have you tried blackstrap? Lots of nutrients, calcium, etc. Btw how much honey are you consuming? It's more bloating than other sugars.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, it's a pita to quote when using my phone.

I don't know how often and how much of the progest-e to use, as I haven't started yet. That's a good question though.
    In your case i wouldn't worry. Your shedding sounds very normal to me. Only if it continues for a long time, then you might have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Will probably be much easier on your digestion. Have you tried blackstrap? Lots of nutrients, calcium, etc. Btw how much honey are you consuming? It's more bloating than other sugars.
    Yeah I think so, that's why I want to try it. I'm no more bloated than usual, but I've been really gassy lately. Ice cream in particular is a culprit. And, I'm wondering if less sugar = greater appetite. One of the differences in my diet recently has been less sugary tea. Don't know why, it just happened, but it seems like that sugary fix really satiates me. It must be for the energy. Last night I was craving oil roasted nuts...!

Yup - I was reading that about blackstrap in your journal I'm not mad about the taste though. Much more digging the maple syrup and white stuff.

Actually I'm not eating much honey at all. I've gone off the taste of it, weirdly. Yes another thing I used to love and now have no interest in since starting to eat Peat.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Sorry, it's a pita to quote when using my phone.

I don't know how often and how much of the progest-e to use, as I haven't started yet. That's a good question though.
    In your case i wouldn't worry. Your shedding sounds very normal to me. Only if it continues for a long time, then you might have a problem.
    Thanks! Yeah, maybe it's not an issue. It's just weird as I haven't shed at all in nearly a year. We'll see what happens...

Oh, I just added a large drop of oil to my scalp! Not sure if that's enough. Wont be a daily occurrence though as I hate washing my hair every day...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    White and maple stops hunger dead in its tracks for me as well.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Just to warn you: for the next week or so, my journal is going to be pretty repetitive I usually think that writing something once in my journal will make me do it, but right now I need to remind myself every day, plus update with new protocols.

So, my plan for the next month is:

Diet:
    - OJ mixed with gelatine as one meal a day, a few days a week.
    - Carrot salad every day.
    - Teaspoon of coconut oil.
    - At least 3 gelatine envelopes.
    - Less Fruit, more sugar.
    - More animal Vit A: liver, crab, oysters.

Sups:
    - Progesterone oil three times a day, and Vitex twice a day.
    - Vit D.

Exercise:
    - Do more yoga.
    - Focus on recovering better, and minimising the stress response using:
    +++Aspirin before each workout
    +++Baking soda in OJ after a workout
    +++Brewers Yeast after a workout (have no idea how to take this...)

Tackling digestive issues.
    This week I'm not consuming any dairy because of the Ayahuasca, so we'll see the effect that has on my bloating. Yes, as much as I worship dairy, cottage cheese undoubtedly bloats me.
    We'll see if the OJ helps.

Any other suggestions welcome!

---

Today I did everything except for the backing soda and Brewers yeast after my yoga class.

---

Other stuff I keep meaning to do:
    - Dermarolling
    - Red Light Therapy
    - Facial exercises
    - Source better quality dairy
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-01-2013 at 02:28 PM.

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    I wouldnt do the yeast, if its for the b vitamins, just get a sup or get it from the oysters. Nothing good can come from consuming yeast regularly.

Zach is offline Banned
    Also, why aspirin before and baking soda post? Baking soda is supposed to enhance cardio and endurance so it would probably be best taken before. I think i read somewhere that taking aspirin before exercise is a bad idea but let me google.

Zach is offline Banned
    Tweet: "NSAIDs such as aspirin and ibuprofen inhibit adaptations to resistance training when taken prior to the workout...but actually helps if taken AFTER the workout...and quite significantly so vs placebo: 'Timing of ibuprofen use and bone mineral density adaptations to exercise training'. Maybe we'll see people juicing up on aspirin soon"

Comment: An undesirable side-effect of NSAIDs (Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug) is inhibition of prostanglandin synthesis, which results in impaired bone formation. Increased bone formation is one of the adaptations to weight training. Needless to say, taking NSAIDs in conjunction with weight training is something you'd want to avoid. However, animal studies have previously shown that this effect only occurs when NSAIDs are taken prior to mechanical loading. The aim with this study was to test whether this was true for humans as well.

The participants in this study were split into three groups and studied for nine months, during which they were weight training three times a week.

IBUP/PLAC: Received 400 mg ibuprofen prior to weight training, and placebo after.

PLAC/PLAC: Received placebo prior and after training.

PLAC/IBUP: Received placebo prior to weight training, and 400 mg ibuprofen after.

The results showed that bone density in IBUP/PLAC decreased by 0.2%. Regular weight training was not sufficient to compensate for the negative effects of consistent ibuprofen intake.

PLAC/PLAC showed a small and predictable increase of 0.4% in bone density.

And here's the kicker: PLAC/IBUP showed an increase of 2.1% in bone density. So post-workout ibuprofen intake basically increased bone formation by 500% compared to placebo, which is pretty crazy.

What's the explanation here? The researchers speculate that ibuprofen may protect against, or dampen, the surge in inflammatory cytokines which occur post-workout. Inflammatory cytokines acutely inhibit bone formation, so NSAIDs could theoretically combat this by anti-inflammatory action.

However, another perspective on this, not mentioned in the paper, is that exposure to inflammotory cytokines, and other metabolic by-products such as free radical formation, is necessary for optimal training adaptation.

Regardless of the precise mechanism behind the effects of NSAIDs on bone formation, it's safe to say that if you need to take them, do it post-workout.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Also, why aspirin before and baking soda post? Baking soda is supposed to enhance cardio and endurance so it would probably be best taken before. I think i read somewhere that taking aspirin before exercise is a bad idea but let me google.
    You're probably right about the yeast... Finding a good quality B sup is difficult though.

Derp actually suggested I take the baking soda pre, during and post workout. What do you think of that? I just don't like the idea of chugging OJ during a workout... I guess I could dilute it?

He also suggested I take the aspirin before workouts. I looked into it, and there was a study that found that Aspirin lowered basal and post-workout Aldosterone levels, and simultaneously raised adrenocorticotrophic hormone levels, then allowed them to drop a lot after recovery. Aspirin and Exercise – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

I'm not sure what any of it means but I'm sure you guys do

- Ray Peat