Page 165 of 244 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 165

  1. #1641
    little vase's Avatar
    little vase is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    By the way, I found this japanese facial massage for wrinkles The woman who created it is 63 - she looks like she's in her early 30's. Am going to start tomorrow, ha Tanaka Face Massage Part 1 (English) - YouTube
    I know this was posted months ago but I'm wondering what you thought of Tanaka and if you noticed any changes. I do it every other day and it really helps with morning puffiness.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

  2. #1642
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Hey guys,

    You are all the best... seriously. Thank you once again! The thing is that I really hit rock bottom in the last six months, and I'm so scared of going back to that... Particulaly now that I know what it really feels like to be happy! I feel like I've been on a high for two months now... being in love with a man is NOTHING compared to being in love with life! Just, wow.

    So when I eat so much I get scared that it's all going to go to shit... that I will start to binge again, lose my energy, put on weight etc.

    But, it seems that I was simply hungry! Because I ate a lot on Saturday, I kind of refused to eat on Sunday, even though I was still hungry. Which then led to me eating a lot yesterday. But then today, I had no appetite. I guess I needed a two day re-feed of sorts...

    I genuinely think I need to do fat refeeds

    Does anyone think that men might respond better to restrictive diets than women? I just don't think I could do less than 30gs of fat a day, like Zach is doing. (Hi Zach, if you're reading this )

    Quote Originally Posted by brooke.S. View Post
    Hey Yogabare! I've been a little MIA myself.

    I wonder if you could be getting a little deficient in the fat soluble vitamins? Maybe that's why you've been craving the fat. Or it could be that your metabolism has revved so much that you need it. Instead of carb cycling, you can do fat cycling. Hehe

    Sounds like that guy was preying on you in the park. What a creep! Years ago I worked at a lingerie store. A strange little man used to come in a ask me to model lingerie for money. He bothered me for months.
    Hey Brooke! <3 I noticed you hadn't been around. How are you doing?

    IT's so funny you say that about the fat soluble vits... yesterday I ate carrots for the first time in months!!! I got a craving, so I made Peat's salad. (Figure I'm going to start on that again - my gut feels in much better shape these days.) Then I washed it down with a ton of fatty cheese and ice cream!

    And LOL - I totally thought of the fat cycling I've been so lazy about my diet because it's too easy on Peat, but I'm going to make a bit more effort now. I reckon I need a lot of fat once in a while.

    @littlevase - I did the massage for like a week
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  3. #1643
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,405
    Carrots are awesome. I am going to make sure I eat them more regularly. They're a big part of the intro Specific Carbohydrate Diet. They definitely helped my digestion when pureed.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

  4. #1644
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Hi!

    I think women have a much more delicate hormonal balance and any sort of restriction whether it be a macro or calories, will trigger a stress hormone cascade. The binge/restrict cycle is something that is so common with women is a perfect example of how easily it is to throw their systems out of wack. It doesnt help that women are under much more pressure then men to look a certain way that may not even be a reality for some womens bodies so they end up on a never ending lifestyle of stress and restricting. Im sure most of you ladies here know this already but a lifetime of this behavior is so damaging that it takes a long time to heal physically and mentally sometimes it might not be possible to move away from that way of thinking because its so ingrained.

    Anywho, Yo, you should know by now that a few days of overeating wont negate all the positive things you have experienced the past few weeks. Its probably just what you need.

    Btw im only under 30g of fat a few days a week. Other days its closer to 60-90.
    Last edited by Zach; 08-27-2013 at 01:38 PM.

  5. #1645
    little vase's Avatar
    little vase is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    725
    Hehe....a week! I really like it and it feels so great. No one has commented on my face or noticed any changes though. I had furrow lines between my eyes and they're completely gone though, so that was cool.

    I'm happy that you're happy! Why are you happy? I feel happy too. I've been taking vitex and have been using progesterone cream and feel like a new (or....old!) person. I feel like my old self. I'm also taking ashwagandha, astragalus, and rhodiola. Between my mood and my hormones I just feel like everything's where it should be balance-wise.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

  6. #1646
    diene's Avatar
    diene is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northeastern U.S.
    Posts
    1,659
    Re the restrictive diets--I think it varies by person. I'm starting a low fat diet, with fat refeeds from time to time, I guess. Only cuz I have to let myself eat something yummy every once in a while, or else life just isn't worth living.

    I thought about what ChocoTaco said in one of the other threads about not mixing carbs and fat, and then I thought about how the only macro I can really cut back on is fat. So cutting fat it is. Not to 30 g per day though. That's ridiculous. You won't be able to eat most meats at that level of fat. And I know Zach just lives off gelatin and low-fat milk. I can't do that. I need actual meat, especially since I don't eat dairy.

  7. #1647
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Carrots are awesome. I am going to make sure I eat them more regularly. They're a big part of the intro Specific Carbohydrate Diet. They definitely helped my digestion when pureed.
    I agree that carrots are awesome! Just not so awesome when you have ISB-D I think the break from raw veggies has done my gut the world of good though. It feels right to start the carrot salad now.

    PS. I googled "Carrots are awesome", and this is what I got...



    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Hi!

    I think women have a much more delicate hormonal balance and any sort of restriction whether it be a macro or calories, will trigger a stress hormone cascade. The binge/restrict cycle is something that is so common with women is a perfect example of how easily it is to throw their systems out of wack. It doesnt help that women are under much more pressure then men to look a certain way that may not even be a reality for some womens bodies so they end up on a never ending lifestyle of stress and restricting. Im sure most of you ladies here know this already but a lifetime of this behavior is so damaging that it takes a long time to heal physically and mentally sometimes it might not be possible to move away from that way of thinking because its so ingrained.

    Anywho, Yo, you should know by now that a few days of overeating wont negate all the positive things you have experienced the past few weeks. Its probably just what you need.

    Btw im only under 30g of fat a few days a week. Other days its closer to 60-90.
    Speak of the devil Thanks for the feedback Z! Yeah, I'm learning that now. It's happened a few times in the last two months that I've needed to eat a lot, and generally I've embraced it, but I got freaked when it happened twice in three days. Just need to keep listening to the bod.

    How often do you deviate from your diet?

    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Hehe....a week! I really like it and it feels so great. No one has commented on my face or noticed any changes though. I had furrow lines between my eyes and they're completely gone though, so that was cool.

    I'm happy that you're happy! Why are you happy? I feel happy too. I've been taking vitex and have been using progesterone cream and feel like a new (or....old!) person. I feel like my old self. I'm also taking ashwagandha, astragalus, and rhodiola. Between my mood and my hormones I just feel like everything's where it should be balance-wise.
    I must try it again! I liked how it felt. Thats funny LV - I've basically starting doing the same thing as you! Vitex and progesterone. I have oestrogen dominance, and these two things, plus eating Peat, have changed my life! It's like day and night. And I totally know what you mean - I feel like I'm finally the person I've always known I was inside. It's beautiful thing Deligthed to hear you're feeling good too!

    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Re the restrictive diets--I think it varies by person. I'm starting a low fat diet, with fat refeeds from time to time, I guess. Only cuz I have to let myself eat something yummy every once in a while, or else life just isn't worth living.

    I thought about what ChocoTaco said in one of the other threads about not mixing carbs and fat, and then I thought about how the only macro I can really cut back on is fat. So cutting fat it is. Not to 30 g per day though. That's ridiculous. You won't be able to eat most meats at that level of fat. And I know Zach just lives off gelatin and low-fat milk. I can't do that. I need actual meat, especially since I don't eat dairy.
    I'm hitting 40g most days, but that's eating cottage cheese as a major protein source, and then eating a lot of shell fish. Mayeb you could eat more shell fish and white fish in favour of other meats? That's an easy way to cut the fat intake.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  8. #1648
    diene's Avatar
    diene is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northeastern U.S.
    Posts
    1,659
    What shellfish are you eating? I don't really know how to cook shell fish--never done it before. Yeah, I'm going to start eating more white fish. Unfortunately for me, my favorite fish is salmon, which is apparently a fatty fish.

    But I'm trying not to be too insane, you know. I'm going to focus on eating fruits, veggies, potatoes, and lean cuts of meat. And not worry too much about the intramuscular fat in lamb or liver or lamb liver, mmmm. I've also gone back to weighing every single bite of food, as of today.

  9. #1649
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    I dont deviate from my diet because i dont really have a strict diet. I have some general rules that i follow is all.

  10. #1650
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Women hold more fat so they need more fat for hormone production. I'm fine with <5% and sometimes I get no fat at all(all sugar, gelatin, skim milk) and run off mead acid.
    nihil

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •