Page 163 of 244 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 163

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    <3 backatcha

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Hi lady <3

I'm glad that you're seeing at least some positive results from your labs. I don't know what to say about your estrogen/prog issues but I'm hoping that your endo does. I know how frustrating doctors and labs can be... I'm still pestering my docs about them.. And I just love when you call them up asking about results and they say, doe eyed, "Oh those?? Yeah we got them in last week!" Alright so it's not so comical.

Breathe deeply. You still feel good, don't you? Energy wise, body comp wise? Let that evidence speak for itself for now. Hormonal issues aren't forever. Growths are often benign (though you want to make sure of that 100%).

<3
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Hi lady <3

I'm glad that you're seeing at least some positive results from your labs. I don't know what to say about your estrogen/prog issues but I'm hoping that your endo does. I know how frustrating doctors and labs can be... I'm still pestering my docs about them.. And I just love when you call them up asking about results and they say, doe eyed, "Oh those?? Yeah we got them in last week!" Alright so it's not so comical.

Breathe deeply. You still feel good, don't you? Energy wise, body comp wise? Let that evidence speak for itself for now. Hormonal issues aren't forever. Growths are often benign (though you want to make sure of that 100%).

<3
    Thanks sweet heart <3 Yeah, I feel great actually! The period stressed me a bit, but other than that I haven't felt stressed or panicy in more than a month.

I'm looking at my results again and possibly my oestrogen has dropped, because we weren't sure what stage of my cycle I was at when I got tested initially. But yeah, we'll see

Sorry I haven't popped in to your journal to say hello - I did lurk there but wanted to wait for a quiet moment to say hey Glad you had a good time on your trip! Loved the pics. xx
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    <delurk> nothing to announce that might be helpful to the cause, I'm afraid. Just waving.</delurk>
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Thanks sweet heart <3 Yeah, I feel great actually! The period stressed me a bit, but other than that I haven't felt stressed or panicy in more than a month.

I'm looking at my results again and possibly my oestrogen has dropped, because we weren't sure what stage of my cycle I was at when I got tested initially. But yeah, we'll see

Sorry I haven't popped in to your journal to say hello - I did lurk there but wanted to wait for a quiet moment to say hey Glad you had a good time on your trip! Loved the pics. xx
    Yes you absolutely have to take into account where you are in your cycle.

Thanks! I did have a blast
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    heya YB
    I've noticed you mention having some good success w/ your hair growth (you went thru some serious shedding at one time? I haven't got to that part of your journal yet..) Would you mind sharing what you've done & what you think most helped? I rcv'd some good advice from Derp ... need to go back and find it. But what about you?

i reacted to biotin in the past and have stopped taking it.

so sleepy but this was an urgent question on my insomniac mind!!

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    heya YB
    I've noticed you mention having some good success w/ your hair growth (you went thru some serious shedding at one time? I haven't got to that part of your journal yet..) Would you mind sharing what you've done & what you think most helped? I rcv'd some good advice from Derp ... need to go back and find it. But what about you?

i reacted to biotin in the past and have stopped taking it.

so sleepy but this was an urgent question on my insomniac mind!!
    Hey lady, for most of my twenties my hair was shit. Giving up gluten was the key for me! As soon as I cut it out, my hair stopped falling out. Now it looks as good as it did when I was a teenager The gelatine makes it grow faster.

About two weeks ago I got some shedding, and I'm pretty sure this was cos' my iron got too low. I started focusing on iron rich meals and the shedding stopped.

Thing is though - hair loss seems to be a symptom of sooo many things. A lot of people lose hair when they go low carb, but that was never an issue for me when I was on that woe. Are you losing hair? Do you know when it started?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Thing is though - hair loss seems to be a symptom of sooo many things. A lot of people lose hair when they go low carb, but that was never an issue for me when I was on that woe.
    Hey back! I agree; so many factors can contribute to hair loss that I feel compelled to throw out a wide net, learn as much as I can, etc. blah blah blah.

I completely think it was going LC plus stressful year that did it. I'm shedding way less now but of course, I'm an impatient, gimme-it-now person about this issue. Feels like I failed by not being watchful about symptoms I was having during those stressful times.

Started being more aware of my iron intake too, calcium. Protein is my BIG hurdle. I just can't seem to get enough in me daily. I notice I shed a lot just before mensus. Which you said is "off" for you so maybe that explains your 2 weeks? Maybe your hormones?

Is Great Lakes the gelatin you take? I've really appreciated you sharing your experiences, you've been a doll about it. Now about your name; do you teach yoga.....naked?
    Last edited by spk; 08-18-2013 at 07:57 PM.

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Hey back! I agree; so many factors can contribute to hair loss that I feel compelled to throw out a wide net, learn as much as I can, etc. blah blah blah.

I completely think it was going LC plus stressful year that did it. I'm shedding way less now but of course, I'm an impatient, gimme-it-now person about this issue. Feels like I failed by not being watchful about symptoms I was having during those stressful times.

Started being more aware of my iron intake too, calcium. Protein is my BIG hurdle. I just can't seem to get enough in me daily. I notice I shed a lot just before mensus. Which you said is "off" for you so maybe that explains your 2 weeks? Maybe your hormones?

Is Great Lakes the gelatin you take? I've really appreciated you sharing your experiences, you've been a doll about it. Now about your name; do you teach yoga.....naked?
    How come you don't get enough protein?? Wow. After a lot of experimentation, I've come to the conclusion that it's the most crucial component of diet. And actually, it's the main focus of what I eat - the carbs are just subsidiary - and it's working out really well! I seem to be losing fat and building/maintaining lean muscle.

I'm not in the US, so I use a European brand of gelatine. If I was in the US I'd go for Knox though - it's definitely my favourite

Oh, it's my pleasure, seriously! It's fun to talk about all these things, and I'm just so relieved that something is finally working for me... I can understand now why people get so didactic and insist that their way is the right way... it's hard to believe that something can work so well for you and not work for another person.

My username - hah It's actually a few things. I did my yoga training on a beach, so wore a bikini a lot, but it's mostly referring to this idea that I want to be transparent. I don't like the idea of having an image online - I want to be honest in every aspect of life. Also, Yogi Bear is a nick name given to me by my little bro, and YB are my initials

- Ray Peat

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Hey Yoga, hows the derma roller working for you?

I just wanted to ask where in the UK (?) you purchased yours and if you are pleased with it. The one I have 'works' but it often squeaks and sometimes doesn't roll against my skin, but instead gets stuck!!! Not good since that can scratch the skin quite badly, so I might send it back. I think it's making a difference (not to breakouts though) and obviously these things take time to really work. Also, which gelatin do you buy? I've found one on Amazon.co.uk by NOW Foods, £17 for 500grams, so quite a bit cheaper than great lakes. (like spk, I don't get enough protein in my diet and gelatin is a good way to get more, in the form of jello!)

With the hair, protein is key since hair is made up on over 90% protein, I believe (Keratin).