Page 162 of 244 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 162

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm really happy about my cortisol dropping, and I think it's pretty interesting about the cholesterol.

I'm a bit concerned about the prog & oestr though. I got my period again yesterday (after having it 12 days ago) and tbh, it's really freaking me out. THere was something growing inside my uterus when I got a scan last time and I'm worried now. I need to see an endo to talk through my results, and a gynae to get a scan. (Didn't speak to my doc - got eh results over the phone. Have an appointment with him on Wed).

Tbh, I'm not sure if I should keep doing what I'm doing. I feel great, so i figured I was doing something right, so since I did my blood test I started to lower my progesterone intake. I've only been using the oil in the mornings, and I stopped taking Vitex. I just hate taking supplements, and I thought I could start to ease off. I guess I better up the dosage again...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Maybe you do need to back off on them. Maybe the cortisol being better will help? I have no idea how these things work . Maybe keep doing what you're doing until you can see the doc?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    YB - sending a big, deep, relaxing breath of air your way. Sounds like you ?? a little bit of your tests results but the answer will come to you, even if dropping some supplementation eases your mind. Wonder if micro managing our systems leads to stress we wouldn't have if we had a more come-what-may attitude. It's totally a balancing act I've yet to figure out!!

And yes, I'm still reading up on the Peat threads and like you, had to take a break, esp. from the What Happened to this Forum thread.

going to comment on your 'the other person' thread....best to you YB!! Keep feeling good!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Maybe you do need to back off on them. Maybe the cortisol being better will help? I have no idea how these things work . Maybe keep doing what you're doing until you can see the doc?
    Thanks NW Idk, I assume that if there's been no change in my p+o with that treatment, then I need to up them...

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    YB - sending a big, deep, relaxing breath of air your way. Sounds like you ?? a little bit of your tests results but the answer will come to you, even if dropping some supplementation eases your mind. Wonder if micro managing our systems leads to stress we wouldn't have if we had a more come-what-may attitude. It's totally a balancing act I've yet to figure out!!

And yes, I'm still reading up on the Peat threads and like you, had to take a break, esp. from the What Happened to this Forum thread.

going to comment on your 'the other person' thread....best to you YB!! Keep feeling good!
    Hey, thank you SPK I'm surprised about the p+o, but I know as well that it takes at least six months to balance hormones, so I can't expect miracles. The cortisol dropping so much is amazing though! No, I'm just concerned about the bleeding... it feels wrong that this is happening.

I hear you on the stress of micro management though - I'm amazed at how much I'm letting things slide these days. I'm a lot less neurotic about things. I wonder if that's hormonal

And yeah, the negativity of the forum got too much for a few days. I heard this lyric in a song, and made it my sig: "War is the ego of man's repressed libido". I was going to write "Stop the MDA War" after it I honestly think that all this aggression is just a venting system for something else.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    And yeah, the negativity of the forum got too much for a few days. I heard this lyric in a song, and made it my sig: "War is the ego of man's repressed libido". I was going to write "Stop the MDA War" after it I honestly think that all this aggression is just a venting system for something else.
    I think the aggression and negativity are born out of the aggressor(s) own insecurity in this instance. Something along the lines of offense is the best defense.
    They feel their method being threatened. It seems to me as if the HFLC person for example has this thought at the back of their mind that maybe their way is not the most effective or the healthiest one. I used to have it gnawing at me at times. Never manifested itself in verbally attacking people online, though.

I'm amazed at how much I'm letting things slide these days. I'm a lot less neurotic about things. I wonder if that's hormonal
    I know that maybe it in not in my place to say it. Perhaps I'm overstepping here. Don't hate me, but I really think you should relax even more at this time. Frankly, I think you are micromanaging atm. Why not just do the uterus scan and go from there. As to weight, I don't think you should keep losing. 'Peas'

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I know that maybe it in not in my place to say it. Perhaps I'm overstepping here. Don't hate me, but I really think you should relax even more at this time. Frankly, I think you are micromanaging atm. Why not just do the uterus scan and go from there. As to weight, I don't think you should keep losing. 'Peas'
    Well, thanks for the weight comment It's a weird thing... Most days now I'm really happy with my body, and i just want to move and get strong, then other days I feel myself slipping into my old ways and thinking that I'm fat (the last two days have been like that). So you're right about that, and you're continually inspiring me to let go of more things. I'm not counting calories either, and I'm not stressing over what I put in my body.

But, in relation to the bleeding... IDK. It's freaked me out. Do you really think I'm micromanaging? I have a growth and I'm starting to bleed frequently again...

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    But, in relation to the bleeding... IDK. It's freaked me out. Do you really think I'm micromanaging? I have a growth and I'm starting to bleed frequently again...
    What might that growth be? Fibroids? How soon can you have it checked?

What might that growth be? Fibroids? How soon can you have it checked?
    Probably fibroids.

But that's the thing. I'm so annoyed with my doctor! I did the tests two weeks ago, and they forgot to call me! I convinced them to give me my results over the phone, but I can't get an appointment til Wednesday. Then the doctor will have to refer me to an Endo, and because we have free health care here, a scan will take weeks or even months to sort out. In the interim I'm self medicating with Peat's progesterone oil, and I think that's stupid. I don't believe I know more than an Endochronologist, and I'm just not sure what to do. The bleeding is not a good sign.

Sorry, I sound like I'm freaking out. I'm not (exactly ) but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned...

- Ray Peat

I see. But really no use of worrying too much (I know you are not freaking out) about something you have no control over. Just be patient, discuss this with your doc on Wednesday, and use your pleasant assertiveness for an endo appointment asap.
    It will be okay.

It will be okay.
    Yeah, you're right. Thank you! I think I just needed someone to say that to me. I'll stop researching ferritin now

<3

- Ray Peat