Page 161 of 244 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 161

MaryIM is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Mmm... yuou could be right. And totally agree on the OJ I'm not following the protocol yet, but I will (when I'm not so lazy about food. Right now exercise is taking all my precedence).

Embracing the Change...

Body

I'm really bloated right now, and my measuring tape is showing half an inch gain, but my clothes are fitting waaaay better. I know it's superficial, but it's so nice to finally be able to wear cool outfits again. I love dressing to express, and my wardrobe was so limited with the extra weight.

AND - today I noticed that my lower abs are starting to pop! I can't believe it. I haven't even been focusing on my core, but it looks like I'm on the way to a six pack!

Food

Appetite finally kicked back in today - woke up famished and ate like a Viking! Put away at least 3K cals today, including three melons, 600gs cottage cheese, half a block of emmental cheese, one mozzarella ball (even went for some olive oil on it ) and some halloumi cheese. Talk about Peat-tastic!

It felt really good to eat all that food though. Today I lifted weights, swam, and played tennis. I do a similar level of activity most days now, so logically I feel I need the calories, and it confuses me when I'm not hungry. Not complaining though - just this is very, very interesting. I can't even believe I used to have an ED that was ruling (and ruining) my life.

Life is like a Novel

Today, I felt a little bit sad because of what I perceive as yet another disappointment in my love life. However, I've had this revelation that life is like a novel, and when chapters end you've got to let them go immediately, because otherwise you prevent yourself from writing the next one. The important thing with life is not to grasp it, to let it flow, and try to write the best novel that you can. Who's to say who will enter and exit chapters, and when. Life is not linear: a chapter doesn't begin or end with time: it begins or ends with thoughts. But the only way to keep your novel going, is to continue to keep living: to give yourself to every experience, and to make life your lover.

Love your philosophy that "Life is like a Novel' ... very profound!
    I practice yoga (am a yogini) and am also a follower of Grok ... so my journal is Grokini Mary

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66249.html

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Are you eating too much sodium? I didn't think so, but thought to ask.

Ugh, that sucks. This is exactly why I had always taken everything I've been told at the beginning of a relationship with a huge grain of salt (i got salt on the brain today, looks like) .
    You did exactly the right thing! Who needs that kind of added stress in their life? Especially you now, that you seem to be in a good place mentally. Good going
    I always said you were salt of the earth Gray But no, my salt intake is pretty low... I don't cook, so I don't add it to anything. I didn't find it helped me in the past, so I stopped bothering with it.

And yeah. Thanks Salt in the wound, worth his salt etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryIM View Post
    Love your philosophy that "Life is like a Novel' ... very profound!
    Thanks Mary! Cheers for dropping in Just had a peek at your journal - congrads on the weight loss! You have a beautiful family too.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 08-10-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    My salt intake isn't that high either, just stuff I get in cottage cheese and cheese and a tsp here and there. I find too much salt makes me feel kinda sick. It's from having a higher metabolism, I think. Never get the puffy face though, how frequent do you piss?

Speaking of piss, what a pisser that guy is. Fuck him.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Hey YB -

I had to take a break from the mania that is MDA. In particular some of the hammerhead behavior and how righteous it started to sound. I love a healthy debate but...I'm tired of sycophants.

You asked about what I did for my leaky gut. Please understand I'm not trying to be a troll or run contrary to any of your beliefs; because I don't know how what I'm sharing may or may not gel w/ your approach. FWIW it worked for me!

The book this juice recipe came from had a description of symptoms that fit me to a T. Not one of those internet searches that lead you to a million vague symptoms but spot-on my digestion (or lack of). The author is not keen on sugar for the first thing introduced to your gut in the a.m. Instead he advises this juice, preceded by drinking L-Glutamine powder mixed in water. I took about 1tsp a day of the powder; you could take more of this amino safely I believe. I found the juice easiest to just make in our Vitamix, which would be opposite of Peat, since that introduces fiber. The book however was talking about true juicing so if you want to make it that way (like straining your OJ) that'd be perfect.

Parsley - 1/2 bunch or 1/3 if really big
    Red Cabbage - less than 1/4 small head
    Fennel - 1/2 head of the white and pale green bits, I don't use dark green top
    Ginger - 2 inches of finely grated fresh root (or more if you love ginger!)
    Aloe juice - 1 oz ( I try to get the stuff w/o preservatives )
    Garlic - 1 small clove, minced

When I throw these items in the Vitamix, I add water for blending ease. It still comes out thick and I add more water to each glass I drink in the a.m.

Since I use a Vitamix, I would go by volume of each ingred. and how I want it to taste. So my measurements go something like what I listed above. You might like less garlic, since after it sits overnight, it gets pretty pungent.

The main purpose is to introduce healing items directly to the digestive tract first thing. If you like earthy, green drinks and enjoy adding more ginger for zing, this may appeal to you.

Tell me what you think - I'm curious if you've ever tried something like this! It took about 2 months but my skin & gut healed and I ate whatever I liked after doing this in the a.m. I avoided advil which really doesn't help the gut.
    Last edited by spk; 08-11-2013 at 05:53 PM.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    And as for yoga guy, his loss but so glad he was direct now! He already caused some confusion. Now you just get to 'see' his ass in class, not have him being an 'ass' in your personal life. hehe

diene is offline Senior Member
    But the only way to keep your novel going, is to continue to keep living: to give yourself to every experience, and to make life your lover.
    This is beautiful and so true. But sometimes it is SO hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    My salt intake isn't that high either, just stuff I get in cottage cheese and cheese and a tsp here and there. I find too much salt makes me feel kinda sick. It's from having a higher metabolism, I think. Never get the puffy face though, how frequent do you piss?

Speaking of piss, what a pisser that guy is. Fuck him.
    Seems normal atm actually... a few times a day? You think it could be fluid retention?

Lol, thanks Derp. Interesting to get your perspective on it. It's weird though, how when you know the person, but not the partner (and only hear bad things about them), you don't really appreciate how bad the actions that have been taken are.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Hey YB -

I had to take a break from the mania that is MDA. In particular some of the hammerhead behavior and how righteous it started to sound. I love a healthy debate but...I'm tired of sycophants.

You asked about what I did for my leaky gut. Please understand I'm not trying to be a troll or run contrary to any of your beliefs; because I don't know how what I'm sharing may or may not gel w/ your approach. FWIW it worked for me!

The book this juice recipe came from had a description of symptoms that fit me to a T. Not one of those internet searches that lead you to a million vague symptoms but spot-on my digestion (or lack of). The author is not keen on sugar for the first thing introduced to your gut in the a.m. Instead he advises this juice, preceded by drinking L-Glutamine powder mixed in water. I took about 1tsp a day of the powder; you could take more of this amino safely I believe. I found the juice easiest to just make in our Vitamix, which would be opposite of Peat, since that introduces fiber. The book however was talking about true juicing so if you want to make it that way (like straining your OJ) that'd be perfect.

Parsley - 1/2 bunch or 1/3 if really big
    Red Cabbage - less than 1/4 small head
    Fennel - 1/2 head of the white and pale green bits, I don't use dark green top
    Ginger - 2 inches of finely grated fresh root (or more if you love ginger!)
    Aloe juice - 1 oz ( I try to get the stuff w/o preservatives )
    Garlic - 1 small clove, minced

When I throw these items in the Vitamix, I add water for blending ease. It still comes out thick and I add more water to each glass I drink in the a.m.

Since I use a Vitamix, I would go by volume of each ingred. and how I want it to taste. So my measurements go something like what I listed above. You might like less garlic, since after it sits overnight, it gets pretty pungent.

The main purpose is to introduce healing items directly to the digestive tract first thing. If you like earthy, green drinks and enjoy adding more ginger for zing, this may appeal to you.

Tell me what you think - I'm curious if you've ever tried something like this! It took about 2 months but my skin & gut healed and I ate whatever I liked after doing this in the a.m. I avoided advil which really doesn't help the gut.
    Hey SPK! Sorry for the late reply - I needed a break from my journal and ruminating on my health That recipe sounds really interesting... Things are currently getting better with my gut (yay!) but I think in a few weeks I might have the energy to try a new N=1. I feel these things take a bit of effort to get going. I'll keep you posted anyway! Are you still reading up on Peat btw?

And thanks for the other words too
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Just got new blood tests back. There hasn't been a huge improvement in my Oestrogen - progesterone ratio, but my cortisol has dropped significantly! Maybe this is what's attributing to my improved mood.

Results:

Cortisol: 7.3 (norm is 6.2 - 19.4. Last time it was 20.67!)
    Oestrogen: 1030 (range is 161 - 774. Last time it was 2028, but it was at a different TOM where the range was 315 - 1828, so I'm still about 300 over.)
    Progesterone: 3 (range is 5.3 - 86. Last time it was 1.94, but it was at a different TOM where the range was 2.4 - 9.4, so weirdly, I seem to be a little lower this time.)

Previous results:
    Hormones
    My Estrogen is high. The range is between 28 - 1828 (depending on time of cycle) - mine is 2028.
    My cortisol is high. Morning range is 6.2 - 19.4. Mine is 20.67.
    Prolactin (337.3)
    Progesteron (1.94)
    testosterone (1.18)
    Thyroid: basically the same.
    T4 - 12.7
    TSH - 1.49

Previous results:
    Thyroid
    TSH: 1.42 (normal)
    FT3: 3.84 (norm is 3.13 - 6.76)
    FT4: 12.29 (norm is 12 - 22)
    LH: 10.32 }
    FSH: 3.09 }
    Cholesterol:

HUGE decrease in LDL and total since leaving a high fat diet behind! Surprise surprise And weirdly, in spite of now being on a sugar - carb diet, my HDL has gone up, and my trigs have gone down...

Total: 7.8 (301.6)
    HDL: 3.03 (117.17)
    LDL: 4.4 (170.15)
    Trigs: .78 (30.16)

Previous results:
    Total Cholesterol: 354 (from 355 (which was the recheck) a few weeks ago)
    LDL: 229 (down from 220.5 a few weeks ago)
    HDL: 108 (down from 114.46)
    Trigs: 83 (down from 109)
    Last edited by YogaBare; 08-15-2013 at 02:05 AM.

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member
    Hey, it's great that your LDL and cortisol went down! Weird that your estrogen-progesterone ratio didn't change though. Why do you think that is? Did your doc say anything useful?

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    That's a good news overall, though. Are you going to keep doing what you've been doing lately?