Page 154 of 244 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 154

diene is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

It can't just be placebo...?
    I woke up exhausted this morning again, and remembered the Vitex. Took it, and 10 mins later am bounding around my house, getting ready to go for a run. Either this stuff is a miracle, or else I'm an impressionable dope. (We know what the anti-Peat people would say )
    Dude, you're making me want to try Vitex!

But over the last two weeks, I'm suddenly getting an unmitigated amount of compliments and attention..! Friends are group-complimenting me, saying I look stunning (!), and loving what I'm wearing. It's like I've gone back in time.
    Awww, that's cuz you are stunning!!!

I actually think it's cos' I'm feeling happier than I have in a long time, and that energy is attractive.

And of course... good feelings breed good feelings: I started to feel better, a few things in my life started to fall into place, I started to look better, I started to lose weight. Like attracts like.
    It's great that you're feeling positive! Hopefully, I'll get there too one day. Pretty sure that it's not gonna happen until after I move to CA though. But I'm feeling more resolved and hopeful that it will actually happen!

max219 is offline Senior Member
    I missed that you're in NYC! I'm in the European equivalent (London), so I totally feel you. The way I manage is I spend a lot of time in parks (they're amazing here). And I generally avoid Central London, which is full of ostentatious wealth.

Btw - I meant to comment in your journal but I completely forgot - I watched your video - you're really good!
    Yea, I live in Queens, which is a borough outside of the city (Manhattan). So luckily there are some parks I go to pretty much everyday.

And thanks!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Dude, you're making me want to try Vitex!
    Awww, that's cuz you are stunning!!!
    It's great that you're feeling positive! Hopefully, I'll get there too one day. Pretty sure that it's not gonna happen until after I move to CA though. But I'm feeling more resolved and hopeful that it will actually happen!
    You're too sweet Di

Actually, Vitex might be good for you - it apparently lowers TSH!

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Yea, I live in Queens, which is a borough outside of the city (Manhattan). So luckily there are some parks I go to pretty much everyday.

And thanks!
    Pleasure Keep it up!

A jumble of stuff today

Sleep and energy
    Last night I was fucking exhausted and went to bed at 9.30pm..! At 1.30am I woke up, full of energy, had a raspberry tea with sugar, and fell back asleep til 7.30am. And I had amazing energy today! I didn't take my Vitex cos' I wanted to see if it would last, and it did!

Which leads me to conclude:

- I'm chronically under-slept.
    - Sugar is the best sleep aid..! Every time I try it, it works.

Bloods
    I went to my doc last week with all my results and told him my diagnosis. It was great!

He had been sure I was a hypochondriac that needed to go on anti-depressants, and when I told him that I was infertile with Oestrogen dominance, and all the symptoms, and how my life had turned around since i went on this treatment he was actually very humbled. He immediately signed me up for blood work. So tomorrow I get thyroid (TSH and T4), oestrogen, progesterone, prolactin, FSH, cortisol and cholesterol checked.

I also need to get another scan, because last time there was something growing inside my uterus (probably a fibroid) that needs to be checked out. But I forgot to tell him about that

Food, body, appetite
    I remember a few weeks ago Gray said she was worried she's not getting enough carbs, and today I had that worry too! My appetite has been steadily shrinking, and since I cut down on my fruit intake (to try and help my gut), I think I might be low carb.

Today I ate:
    B: Half a galia melon
    L: 600gs LF cottage cheese, 300g blueberries, maple syrup
    D: slice of edam, three boiled eggs, some seaweed, 150gs cottage cheese

With drinks, gelatine etc,. I'm hitting approx 1,600cals; F: 36.5; C: 207.4 (phew!); P: 142.2, and I'm stuffed. Like, uncomfortable. It's like this practically every day now... the only way i can get to 2K cals is if I pound coconut water.

Anyway, the reason I'm concerned is cos a little bit of my hair fell out.

My options:
    - Go hell for leather with maple syrup
    - Start the pulp free OJ protocol

I'm also still really bloated. No more than usual, but now that I've lost weight it's even more noticeable..!

Still in great form And anxiety is really low lately! Unusual for me to feel this Zen.

Last edited by YogaBare; 08-05-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Then stir some cocoa powder into some maple syrup and eat it with a freakin spoon. Thats what I do. I'm doing it. Right now.
    Good idea.

This is a belated post but you looked great in your date outfit! Have you been out with him again yet? I've been out in a couple dates this past week but I'll update in my journal later!

Sounds like you metabolism is is high gear since that cake, ice cream and other foods from the bbq didn't big you down! That's a great feeling isn't it?

I read over the weekend that the body needs progesterone to produce cortisol. Vitex, vitex, vitex! I need to order some if that progesterone oil that Ray Peat makes. Do you still you that? What about the other... starts with a d?

I'm glad to read that you are doing so well lately.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Love that comic strip!

Maybe I will try Vitex.

Glad that your doc was able to admit that he was wrong. You should try the OJ. I used to drink OJ with vodka, but then I switched to club soda after primal. I might return to OJ though.

See if you can get him to test free T3 also. That's a very important test.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Hello YogaBare, I lurk around here sometimes, and find your experiments so interesting!

Especially interested in your experience with Vitex. I was trying that and red raspberry tea awhile back to regain fertility, but stopped due to life taking over and feeling stressed all the time.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I've got to love the story about your doc. Can you imagine the humiliation...

Even regarding the hair loss (are you sure it's really hair loss? We shed and it goes in cycles, especially depending on the weather) I would not eat past satiation or what your body tells you. I'm positive your hunger will go in cyces, i.e. you might have a handful of days with little appetite and then suddenly have the urge to gorge yourself, go back to little appetite, etc. I think this is natural.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Hey YB! I did a google search this morning for low cortisol and Vitex. I found this and thought you might find it interesting-

7) Vitex (Vitex agnus-castus)

Best for: Irregular periods

As far back as the 1st century, Vitex berries were used to promote menstruation. (It was also used to suppress the sex drive of male monks, hence the name Chaste berry.)

The main action of Vitex is to suppress prolactin, which is a pituitary hormone best known for its involvement in lactation. When prolactin is too high, it causes the periods to become irregular, or to stop altogether. The most common causes of prolactin-related period problems include stress, excessive exercise and the birth control pill.

Vitex lowers prolactin because it mimics dopamine, which is an important neurotransmitter involved in mood and libido. Studies have shown that Vitex can re-establish regular periods within three months. With continued use, Vitex promotes cycles that have a stronger ovulation and an increased production of progesterone.

Because it promotes ovulation and the healthy response of the ovaries, Vitex has the effect of lowering FSH. This means that it can be used to enhance fertility when age and rising FSH is a factor.

Use Vitex if your periods are absent or irregular. Because it works on the communication between the pituitary and the ovaries, Vitex should not be used by girls under 18 years old. This is a time when the pituitary-ovarian axis is still developing and can be disrupted.

How to take: Vitex needs to be taken in the morning because this is when the body has a natural surge in hormones. It should be started early in the menstrual cycle, before ovulation, and stopped for five days when the period begins.

Tip: Cycles will become regular within two to three months, and the benefit should continue even once the herb is discontinued. Most Naturopaths recommend that the herb be taken for three to nine months, and then stopped. If necessary, a second course can be taken after a three month break.

Precautions: Vitex should not be taken together with conventional hormonal treatment. Because it induces ovulation, it will interfere with the contraceptive effect of the Pill. It will also interfere with the stimulation cycles of IVF, and may result in ovarian overstimulation, a dangerous complication of IVF.
    That said, Vitex is an important fertility herb, and there is no reason why it cannot be used be used between collection cycles in order to revitalise the ovaries and to lower FSH.

I remember you saying your mood gets a lift after taking Vitex. Maybe cos' it mimics dopamine?