Page 153 of 244 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 153

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh, and on acne, pregnenolone, as precursor, spares vitamin a, so this helps. Also, up vitamin a in general. When increasing metabolism, heat burns through vitamin a rather quickly, which is why some people claim to get acne from sugar
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    I think the "may contain" is to do with cross-contamination since these factories are producing a variety of supplements. They probably do random tests which shows trace amounts of 'X' so need to warn people. (again with contamination between batches and if the machinery wasn't cleaned enough or something)

My Vitamin A is at least 1000% Daily values. That doesn't mean much but it's usually 8000IU and that is mostly from sweet potatoes and dairy. That's an interesting take on the sugar causes acne! I can't recall how many sugar detoxes or no-sugar this week phases I went through, all which didn't help! (I'm very clear now and eat around 450g carbs from fruit) I'll keep eating them oysters, yo!

EDIT: I ate a raw carrot yesterday and this morning and guess what; I pooped! Lol, seriously it has already helped a bit which is such a relief.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 08-04-2013 at 09:02 AM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Pulp free OJ man.

Also, I'd totally give you a smile too babe
    Aw, thanks Derp

I'm working my way through the Peat literature on OJ... I really couldn't be bothered squeezing and straining.

Hey, do you think pregnenolone would be beneficial for me?

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Yoga - awesome news that everything seems to be going your way! It must have been great to indulge without (physical or mental) discomfort. Also, I believe that positive energy can travel through people and in all parts of the body and life as well. When I'm in a good mood everything seems to click, and connections with other people in daily life are just better.
    Thanks Max It's true - relationships go a lot more easily when you're not living in your head. My motto at the moment is just "let it go". Are you away with your family yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    EDIT: I ate a raw carrot yesterday and this morning and guess what; I pooped!
    <Sigh>. Nstocks, much as I love reading three pages of yourself and Derps' conversation in my journal... you might be better served having your own. I promise I'll come and give you advice in there. HINT HINT!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Seeing healthy and happy YogaBare makes my heart warm and fuzzy.
    No, it's not the maple syrup and bananas I had at lunchtime
    Woman, you look awesome!!!!!

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

<Sigh>. Nstocks, much as I love reading three pages of yourself and Derps' conversation in my journal... you might be better served having your own. I promise I'll come and give you advice in there. HINT HINT!
    I know what you are sighing at, but be happy that I can poop!

I'll stop posting (my responses) in your journal - The only reason I did was because Zach asked me a question directly in here and it got responses. I felt it was pointless directing all these related questions to ANOTHER journal for poor Zach, Derp and others to figure out where the hell these questions/thoughts are going to end up. (and incidentally you also asked the questions that Derp posted responses to me for)

Hmm, perhaps just PM's from now. I'll see... Tuesday are bloods so they may have a story to tell.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 08-04-2013 at 12:47 PM.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    I did go away with my family. Unfortunately I'm eating way more SAD than I'd like, but I am getting lots of sun and play. And yea, my motto too is just not to care about anything really. Less caring = less stress. Also, I found being more in tune with nature and less in tune with material things makes me feel a lot better also. (Tough when I live in NYC though!)

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I think the "may contain" is to do with cross-contamination since these factories are producing a variety of supplements. They probably do random tests which shows trace amounts of 'X' so need to warn people. (again with contamination between batches and if the machinery wasn't cleaned enough or something)

My Vitamin A is at least 1000% Daily values. That doesn't mean much but it's usually 8000IU and that is mostly from sweet potatoes and dairy. That's an interesting take on the sugar causes acne! I can't recall how many sugar detoxes or no-sugar this week phases I went through, all which didn't help! (I'm very clear now and eat around 450g carbs from fruit) I'll keep eating them oysters, yo!

EDIT: I ate a raw carrot yesterday and this morning and guess what; I pooped! Lol, seriously it has already helped a bit which is such a relief.
    Sometimes I need to get as much as 30,000IU a day, but I live in a hot place with a lot of sun. Plenty needs to be from retinol.

Power of the carrot!

Hey, do you think pregnenolone would be beneficial for me?
    For relieving stress and brain fog, certainly.

Nstocks, you can always just direct questions to me on my journal. I'm subscribed there anyway.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    So much positivity going on right now and I agree that positivity lends itself to more. Or, in the least, it makes the lesser not seem so bad. <3
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Seeing healthy and happy YogaBare makes my heart warm and fuzzy.
    No, it's not the maple syrup and bananas I had at lunchtime
    Woman, you look awesome!!!!!
    Haha Aw, thanks Gray <3 Feels so strange not to hate my body anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    I did go away with my family. Unfortunately I'm eating way more SAD than I'd like, but I am getting lots of sun and play. And yea, my motto too is just not to care about anything really. Less caring = less stress. Also, I found being more in tune with nature and less in tune with material things makes me feel a lot better also. (Tough when I live in NYC though!)
    I wouldn't worry about the SAD eating - a few weeks isn't going to harm you.

I missed that you're in NYC! I'm in the European equivalent (London), so I totally feel you. The way I manage is I spend a lot of time in parks (they're amazing here). And I generally avoid Central London, which is full of ostentatious wealth.

Btw - I meant to comment in your journal but I completely forgot - I watched your video - you're really good!

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    So much positivity going on right now and I agree that positivity lends itself to more. Or, in the least, it makes the lesser not seem so bad. <3
    Yeah, even with a positive mindset you still encounter negativity, but you're more inclined to see it differently. Unless you let the negativity knock you out of the good mindset, which can also happen. Some people think of that as being "tested", but I don't believe that the Universe is this cunning force, constantly forcing you to prove your worth.

Was about to start spouting off my theories but I'll leave it for now

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    For relieving stress and brain fog, certainly.
    Sold! I need that.

I know what you are sighing at, but be happy that I can poop!

I'll stop posting (my responses) in your journal - The only reason I did was because Zach asked me a question directly in here and it got responses. I felt it was pointless directing all these related questions to ANOTHER journal for poor Zach, Derp and others to figure out where the hell these questions/thoughts are going to end up. (and incidentally you also asked the questions that Derp posted responses to me for)

Hmm, perhaps just PM's from now. I'll see... Tuesday are bloods so they may have a story to tell.
    Aw, man I wasn't saying this to be mean. My perspective is that you obviously want advice, so why not just ask for it in one place, and update about yourself there? You know, like everyone else does? Zach and Derp's journals are unique because Zach's is specifically set up to answer questions, and Derp's is philosophical in nature. For a mere mortal like me, the journal is to get advice. Obviously people are welcome to have conversations and share, but it's poor social decorum to pop up, continually address a boat load of questions to other people, and then use it as an opportunity to update about yourself. Whilst completely ignoring the OP.

Please don't get in a huff that I'm saying this - like I said, I'm not trying to be mean, and if you started a journal I'd be the first one to give you feedback and advice. You'd probably find that you'd get a lot more support that way. Anyway, just IMO. <3
    Last edited by YogaBare; 08-05-2013 at 12:05 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

OH- JAY!

For anyone interested in learning more about Peat's views on OJ, this is a pretty good link.

The ideal is buy oranges and squeeze them yourself. Or, find out exactly how your brand of OJ has been processed / if they use fluorinated water etc. etc.

Personally I'm too in love with doing zero prep work for my food right now to consider the squeeze n' strain.

- Ray Peat