Page 152 of 244 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 152

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    As if you hadn't stolen my heart already.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Had a major day of indulgence yesterday. Was at a 30th birthday BBQ, and ate a shit ton of ice cream (not the greatest quality stuff either), had two huge pork sausages (PUFA!!!!! OMEGA 6- AHHHHHH!!!), red velvet cake, plus my regular food. And I enjoyed every bite

Funny thing - in the past when I was "dieting", a big day would set me back. But yesterday I felt hungry, and the food just seemed to evaporate into me instead of sitting in my stomach.

Digestion
    I've been laying off the fruit over the last few days because I'm sooo sick of having the runs every day. It's helping, but my stomach feels fucked.

I'm actually considering that I might go more Peat than I have been. I asked for advice on the RP forum, and the general consensus was that all the fibre from the fruit isn't helping my gut. I'm tempted to just eat ice cream and red meat / shell fish for a few days to see what happens... it sounds mad, but I keep thinking of junkies with destroyed stomachs eating ice cream.

Speaking of Peat, I like him, but jesus, I wish some people would get over the sugar. Lustig has been debunked but they still can't let go. It's not even constructive conversations - just the same old tripe. So - hello ignore function! It's a weird thing though, because the posters still come up, but you're told that you have them on ignore... so it almost tempts you to check what they're saying.! Probably won't last long anyway.

I admire those of you would just keep out of the arguments! I always think I can reason with people.

It can't just be placebo...?
    I woke up exhausted this morning again, and remembered the Vitex. Took it, and 10 mins later am bounding around my house, getting ready to go for a run. Either this stuff is a miracle, or else I'm an impressionable dope. (We know what the anti-Peat people would say )

In other news...
    When I was younger I used to get a lot of compliments about my appearance, and style (hope this doesn't sound conceited), but over the last four years those compliments suddenly dried up, and the remarks were mostly about my body. Then when I put on weight, those disappeared too.

But over the last two weeks, I'm suddenly getting an unmitigated amount of compliments and attention..! Friends are group-complimenting me, saying I look stunning (!), and loving what I'm wearing. It's like I've gone back in time. Even at my gym there's even a reception guy who's always really rude, and when I went in two weeks ago he was fawning over me, asking if it was my first time there, was I happy with it etc. Now when I go in he always gives me a charming smile. Weird!!

I actually think it's cos' I'm feeling happier than I have in a long time, and that energy is attractive.

And of course... good feelings breed good feelings: I started to feel better, a few things in my life started to fall into place, I started to look better, I started to lose weight. Like attracts like.

Oh, and in other news, my toe nail fungus that I've had for four years (and was diagnosed as candida) has suddenly disappeared. Since I started eating Peat. Coincidence?

Last edited by YogaBare; 08-04-2013 at 05:52 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    For collagen try a dermaroller. If you're looking for a face lift of sorts, I've heard testaments about pregnenolone doing that for many people.
    I've looked into dermaroller but I'm fearful of it leaving too much redness... I have a 5 day gap between working and this probably won't be long enough for all redness to go down. (and working under disgusting flourecent lights doesn't help the appearance of anyones skin)

The pregnenolone looks interesting, it's good for libido, stress and energy too which I could benefit from! Obviously some say pregnenolone can cause acne but that a n=1 experiment. What dosage would be advisable, also if I can find it, sublingual looks to have better bio-avaliabilty since it bypasses digestion. I don't think I would like to slather the cream on my face... I just use aloe for mild scarring.

EDIT: Is pregnenolone a steroid as such, compared to those muscle building steroids body builders use?
    Last edited by Nstocks; 08-04-2013 at 05:43 AM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I've looked into dermaroller but I'm fearful of it leaving too much redness... I have a 5 day gap between working and this probably won't be long enough for all redness to go down. (and working under disgusting flourecent lights doesn't help the appearance of anyones skin)

The pregnenolone looks interesting, it's good for libido, stress and energy too which I could benefit from! Obviously some say pregnenolone can cause acne but that a n=1 experiment. What dosage would be advisable, also if I can find it, sublingual looks to have better bio-avaliabilty since it bypasses digestion. I don't think I would like to slather the cream on my face... I just use aloe for mild scarring.

EDIT: Is pregnenolone a steroid as such, compared to those muscle building steroids body builders use?
    It doesn't leave any redness for me, at least not noticeable. You can always use a little makeup too to cover it up. I use makeup sometimes, it's not just for women.

Not really.

"Pregnenolone is largely converted into two other "youth-associated" protective hormones, progesterone and DHEA. At the age of 30, both men and women produce roughly 30 to 50 mg. of pregnenolone daily. When taken orally, even in the powdered form, it is absorbed fairly well. One dose of approximately 300 mg (the size of an aspirin tablet) keeps acting for about a week, as absorption continues along the intestine, and as it is "recycled" in the body. Part of this long lasting effect is because it improves the body's ability to produce its own pregnenolone. It tends to improve function of the thyroid and other glands, and this "normalizing" effect on the other glands helps to account for its wide range of beneficial effects."

Pregnenolone Steal Syndrome, Geocentricity & World Ice Theory — The Danny Roddy Weblog
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Had a major day of indulgence yesterday. Was at a 30th birthday BBQ, and ate a shit ton of ice cream (not the greatest quality stuff either), had two huge pork sausages (PUFA!!!!! OMEGA 6- AHHHHHH!!!), red velvet cake, plus my regular food. And I enjoyed every bite

Funny thing - in the past when I was "dieting", a big day would set me back. But yesterday I felt hungry, and the food just seemed to evaporate into me instead of sitting in my stomach.

Digestion
    I've been laying off the fruit over the last few days because I'm sooo sick of having the runs every day. It's helping, but my stomach feels fucked.

I'm actually considering that I might go more Peat than I have been. I asked for advice on the RP forum, and the general consensus was that all the fibre from the fruit isn't helping my gut. I'm tempted to just eat ice cream and red meat / shell fish for a few days to see what happens... it sounds mad, but I keep thinking of junkies with destroyed stomachs eating ice cream.

Speaking of Peat, I like him, but jesus, I wish some people would get over the sugar. Lustig has been debunked but they still can't let go. It's not even constructive conversations - just the same old tripe. So - hello ignore function! It's a weird thing though, because the posters still come up, but you're told that you have them on ignore... so it almost tempts you to check what they're saying.! Probably won't last long anyway.

I admire those of you would just keep out of the arguments! I always think I can reason with people.

It can't just be placebo...?
    I woke up exhausted this morning again, and remembered the Vitex. Took it, and 10 mins later am bounding around my house, getting ready to go for a run. Either this stuff is a miracle, or else I'm an impressionable dope. (We know what the anti-Peat people would say )

In other news...
    When I was younger I used to get a lot of compliments about my appearance, and style (hope this doesn't sound conceited), but over the last four years those compliments suddenly dried up, and the remarks were mostly about my body. Then when I put on weight, those disappeared too.

But over the last two weeks, I'm suddenly getting an unmitigated amount of compliments and attention..! Friends are group-complimenting me, saying I look stunning (!), and loving what I'm wearing. It's like I've gone back in time. Even at my gym there's even a reception guy who's always really rude, and when I went in two weeks ago he was fawning over me, asking if it was my first time there, was I happy with it etc. Now when I go in he always gives me a charming smile. Weird!!

I actually think it's cos' I'm feeling happier than I have in a long time, and that energy is attractive.

And of course... good feelings breed good feelings: I started to feel better, a few things in my life started to fall into place, I started to look better, I started to lose weight. Like attracts like.

Oh, and in other news, my toe nail fungus that I've had for four years (and was diagnosed as candida) has suddenly disappeared. Since I started eating Peat. Coincidence?

Pulp free OJ man.

Also, I'd totally give you a smile too babe

It doesn't leave any redness for me, at least not noticeable. You can always use a little makeup too to cover it up. I use makeup sometimes, it's not just for women.

Not really.

"Pregnenolone is largely converted into two other "youth-associated" protective hormones, progesterone and DHEA. At the age of 30, both men and women produce roughly 30 to 50 mg. of pregnenolone daily. When taken orally, even in the powdered form, it is absorbed fairly well. One dose of approximately 300 mg (the size of an aspirin tablet) keeps acting for about a week, as absorption continues along the intestine, and as it is "recycled" in the body. Part of this long lasting effect is because it improves the body's ability to produce its own pregnenolone. It tends to improve function of the thyroid and other glands, and this "normalizing" effect on the other glands helps to account for its wide range of beneficial effects."

Pregnenolone Steal Syndrome, Geocentricity & World Ice Theory — The Danny Roddy Weblog

Which size needles do you use in the roller? If I do buy one (and hopefully a good one - how much did yours cost), it'll probably be the smallest needles so that I don't risk too much redness. Do you do it weekly or less? (I've seen some do it daily and other once every 6 weeks!). Do you apply anything afterwards? I'm thinking Aloe might be good since the pores are open I don't really want to be applying some weird cream. How long did you notice any "changes". (I know this isn't a 'quick fix' since skin takes at least 1 month to regenerate but deeper layers take longer)

I don't know how you find all this info. Everything looks like such a great thing to take and isn't really a chemical which the body doesn't already have/required and they are all linked to... THYROID!

A fairly reputable source of supplements here in the UK stock this : https://www.revital.co.uk/-Nutri_Adrenal_Extra

It has some junky stuff in it though which isn't ideal. Are there any reputable brands you are aware of? Dosage?

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Which size needles do you use in the roller? If I do buy one (and hopefully a good one - how much did yours cost), it'll probably be the smallest needles so that I don't risk too much redness. Do you do it weekly or less? (I've seen some do it daily and other once every 6 weeks!). Do you apply anything afterwards? I'm thinking Aloe might be good since the pores are open I don't really want to be applying some weird cream. How long did you notice any "changes". (I know this isn't a 'quick fix' since skin takes at least 1 month to regenerate but deeper layers take longer)

I don't know how you find all this info. Everything looks like such a great thing to take and isn't really a chemical which the body doesn't already have/required and they are all linked to... THYROID!

A fairly reputable source of supplements here in the UK stock this : https://www.revital.co.uk/-Nutri_Adrenal_Extra

It has some junky stuff in it though which isn't ideal. Are there any reputable brands you are aware of? Dosage?
    0.25mm

I use the DNS roller: bioGenesis DNS Roller - Derma Needling System Micro Needle Roller

I just use it on my scalp for better absorption of other topicals, and for circulation. For skin, my skin was already pretty good with no noticeable blemishes, so I can't say for this. Female friend of mine uses them for stretch marks, and says they've gotten noticeably better within about a month, and another friend says it's definitely working for his acne scars in about the same time. I personally use it every day, as part of my regimen. My hair has gotten unbelievably nice.

I used to use Beyond a Century pregnenolone powder, but they stopped making it for some reason. So, this became the next best thing: Pregnenolone Bulk Powder

Here is a good site for finding the best supplements with the fewest binders and fillers:

Food and supplements without toxic additives (Toxinless)

Oh, and I take 100mg a day with my coffee(lots of sugar)

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Yoga - awesome news that everything seems to be going your way! It must have been great to indulge without (physical or mental) discomfort. Also, I believe that positive energy can travel through people and in all parts of the body and life as well. When I'm in a good mood everything seems to click, and connections with other people in daily life are just better.

0.25mm

I use the DNS roller: bioGenesis DNS Roller - Derma Needling System Micro Needle Roller

I just use it on my scalp for better absorption of other topicals, and for circulation. For skin, my skin was already pretty good with no noticeable blemishes, so I can't say for this. Female friend of mine uses them for stretch marks, and says they've gotten noticeably better within about a month, and another friend says it's definitely working for his acne scars in about the same time. I personally use it every day, as part of my regimen. My hair has gotten unbelievably nice.

I used to use Beyond a Century pregnenolone powder, but they stopped making it for some reason. So, this became the next best thing: Pregnenolone Bulk Powder

Here is a good site for finding the best supplements with the fewest binders and fillers:

Food and supplements without toxic additives (Toxinless)

Oh, and I take 100mg a day with my coffee(lots of sugar)
    Did you buy directly from DNSLondon or elsewhere? (amazon only sell .5mm and that's too big for me. This model in particular is only 20 which is great!)

Great link for the supps! I've found this Swanson Ultra Super Strength Pregnenolone | 50mg, 60 Capsules - 6.41. Quite cheap and no crap. I'm still fearful of it causing acne (though I doubt it will) so maybe I'll try the roller for a few months first. (and wait to see what my bloods show on Tuesday and perhaps other things I should take instead)

Do your friends apply anything after rolling? One benefits of rolling is deeper absorption of topicals as you well know so perhaps it's a good idea to apply something like aloe after rolling?

I bought mine off ebay for like 4 dollars a while ago.

Not sure about that pregnenolone since I saw: Other ingredients: Rice flour, gelatin, may contain one or both of the following: magnesium stearate, silica.

I don't even know what the fuck "may contain" means. Is it random? One pill might have it, the other won't? Or is it somehow cross-contaminated? Which seems unlikely. I'd stick with the powder, it's also a lot cheaper in the long run. It's unlikely, it'd have to be converted to androgens first.

Didn't ask, I think one uses a vitamin e, but aloe vera would probably help with the burning feeling.