Page 151 of 244 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2434

Thread: This is not a lobe song page 151

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Calcium might be a good idea, Ci. Thanks! I'm definitely getting plenty of the other stuff. Maybe we just need blood transfusions :P
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I presume if we'd been drinking in a bar I would have at least kissed him by now. But dating sober is strange. Sad to say, I've never done it before, and I don't actually think I've ever had sex with someone for the first time without at least having had a few drinks...

What about you guys?
    I don't drink. Well, except for that one time I got intoxicated from a bottle of red wine, and most likely because I'm such a lightweight when it comes to alcohol! However, I was briefly dating someone some years ago while me and SO were separated, and that guy always drank when we were together. I like to think it was his thing, and had nothing to do with me, ha!

Re. period symptoms: you guys are weird. I never have any of that. Well, except I used to get even more bingey during pms when I was on one of my restriction diets. They say exercising really relieves cramps.

Oh and btw, Yo I'm really enjoying "Revolutionary Road" the book, so far!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    IVEHADMYHORMONESCHECKEDWOMAN they were normal! A little low on estrogen but it was a few days into my cycle when estrogen should be lower anyway. When I go to get my IUD inserted *shudders* I'll ask about it.
    Lol. GOOD!!!

(it was a while ago that you got your hormones checked though, right? Like before this recent set of tests etc.?)

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Yogaaaa! You look great! I can see that you've improved mostly in your waistline. You've got such an hourglass shape, so you should be thankful of that. I'm really glad that things are working out for you! I'm due to take my progress shots again soon, too.

Also, I wanted to thank you for something you said to me a little while ago, about how getting from 90 to 100% takes soooo much effort, but there is very little difference between 90% and 100% from an outsider's POV. It really resonated with me and helped me to not really freak out about things so much.
    Thanks Ci! I appreciate you saying that. I'm quite pleased with how my abs are coming along I still feel like I have a lot of work to do to get back to where I was, but at least I'm finally moving forward!

And you're welcome. I'm really glad it resonated! You have a beautiful body, and I don't think you need to work on it anymore. Maintaince is enough. Work on the inner stuff now

And, you knooow -- Batty, YB -- I think we've been spending too much time together. We're all due for our TOM at the same time, which is freaky :P lol. I already said this in COY, but yeah, my fatigue has been unbearable. Don't feel bad, though. Your energy will pop right back once the cycle is over.
    Oh god we're starting to sync up. Thats how you know our connection is so strong <3

I really would like to figure out how to minimize those symptoms, though. Its not really prudent to just sit back and let it happen when the first three days of my cycle are the three days that I work at my internship out of the week. Multiple times this has happened. I basically just sit at my desk and scratch a pen up and down on a blank piece of paper until it tears for six hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Well, I would suggest having complex carbs for breakfast, along with something with calcium in it. Green tea would also help for energy, or some extra caffeine. Maybe coffee or chocolate? For bloating -- dandelion root tea with some chasteberry if you gots it. For mood ... I don't know! I've been trying everything but I'm just a crabby patty. I've been drinking holy basil tea, taking ashwagandha extract, and trying to be more lenient with my diet so that I dont have to stress about that, too. Just be thankful that you don't have PMDD, Batty. This shit is ridiculous.
    Calcium might be a good idea, Ci. Thanks! I'm definitely getting plenty of the other stuff. Maybe we just need blood transfusions :P
    TOM stuff:

Bat, are you getting enough iron? I think that's part of my problem this month. My period lasted a day! That's not good. I used to get those kinds of periods when I was veggie. I think the Vitex might help for energy.

Ci, thanks for all those suggestions! I must try the dandaline tea for bloating - does it really work?

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Hey, YB, you look gooooood!!! And there's definitely an improvement--it's actually a huge improvement considering that it's only been two weeks! I don't even think you need to lose weight. Neither does yoga guy, I'm sure. And it's awesome that you enjoy his company!

I've had experiences both sober and drunk. The best people are the ones you feel comfortable with while sober (or, relatively sober, at least ).
    Thanks so much Di... that means a lot <3

Haha, funny you say that - in the past I put myself under a lot of pressure be skinny, partially cos I presumed that's what guys wanted. Last night I realised it was a relief that yoga guy found me attractive at my "curvier" weight - it eliminates that pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I don't drink. Well, except for that one time I got intoxicated from a bottle of red wine, and most likely because I'm such a lightweight when it comes to alcohol! However, I was briefly dating someone some years ago while me and SO were separated, and that guy always drank when we were together. I like to think it was his thing, and had nothing to do with me, ha!

Re. period symptoms: you guys are weird. I never have any of that. Well, except I used to get even more bingey during pms when I was on one of my restriction diets. They say exercising really relieves cramps.

Oh and btw, Yo I'm really enjoying "Revolutionary Road" the book, so far!
    Really glad you're liking it! It sounds like it'd be a lot better than the film. I might read it too... Let me know if you work through the rest of the list

And,

Wow. You guys have all had sex with someone for the first time sober. Any Irish person I've asked this question to invariably says 'no'..! We're archaic when it comes to dating and sex.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 08-02-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I did not know that! I need to squeeze out most of the liquid too right? (which carried the Beta-carotene so I'm left with mostly fibre?) I'm eating a dozen fresh oyster a week. I'm looking forward to my bloods to see where my testosterone was at. I also eat a fair bit of goat cheese.
    Or use concentrated OJ. Good on the oysters, dude.
    nihil

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Or use concentrated OJ. Good on the oysters, dude.
    Like the one you dilute with water? I'm really enjoying the freshly squeezed stuff and 200 oranges in the garage looks insane! (I could use cordial to make gelatin gummy) Also, with the carrot salad, do I need to squeeze out the liquid? I'll probably just end up eating the whole thing if it's still effective.

I like the oysters but I'm eating them more as a supplement than a "food", perhaps because I don't chew them and only get small quantities...

Do you know if dark chocolate is any good for hypo? I don't really care for the 90% stuff, but naturally flavoured 80% Lindt or Green and Blacks is good for me. (I assume the higher sugar, not fat is also better too?) How much of an issue is soy lectithin in chocolate, since all these bars contain it.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 08-02-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Like the one you dilute with water? I'm really enjoying the freshly squeezed stuff and 200 oranges in the garage looks insane! (I could use cordial to make gelatin gummy) Also, with the carrot salad, do I need to squeeze out the liquid? I'll probably just end up eating the whole thing if it's still effective.

I like the oysters but I'm eating them more as a supplement than a "food", perhaps because I don't chew them and only get small quantities...

Do you know if dark chocolate is any good for hypo? I don't really care for the 90% stuff, but naturally flavoured 80% Lindt or Green and Blacks is good for me. (I assume the higher sugar, not fat is also better too?) How much of an issue is soy lectithin in chocolate, since all these bars contain it.
    Fresh squeezed OJ is ideal anyway. Nah, just eat it with salt, and coconut oil. Even raw carrots work well.

Dress them up, but they are indeed better than any supplement. Huge amounts of vitamins and minerals.

It contains tons of minerals, cafffeine and good fats, so yup.

"Food is a main source of exposure to endocrine active compounds, many of which have been linked to adverse health effects. Phytoestrogens, especially from soy, are the major dietary source of estrogenicity. However, foodstuff contains a variety of estrogen-like compounds that might not be detected analytically. To assess the total estrogenic activity of foodstuff, we employed the Yeast Estrogen Screen (YES). We analyzed 18 food samples and five milk-based infant formulas. Soy-based products contained potent estrogenicity of 100-1500ng estradiol equivalents per kilogram (EEQ/kg). The estrogenicity in soy-free products was far lower (10-40ng EEQ/kg). We also detected significant estrogenic activity in three infant formulas (14-22ng EEQ/kg). Furthermore, we found soy lecithin to be strongly estrogenic. It might, therefore, be a major contributor to total estrogenicity. We conclude that dietary estrogens are omnipresent and not limited to soy-based food. In an exposure assessment we calculated a total dietary intake of 27.5 and 34.0ng EEQ/d for adults and 1.46ng EEQ/d for infants. While the dietary exposure to estrogenic activity is lower than previously estimated, our results demonstrate that many food types are a source of unidentified estrogen-like compounds still awaiting toxicological evaluation."

Probably best to avoid if you plan to routinely eat chocolate. Just find some soy lectithin free chocolate, here is a list of some from outside the US:

q The Ritter SPORT Amargo Extrafino 71% Cocoa, 100 gram bar has no soy lecithin (just cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, natural vanilla). This bar is smooth, chunky and great for those moments when you are craving very dark chocolate. It does not have any strong flavours in it like the organic chocolate bars listed below, so would be suitable to those who are not used to tasting the specific nuances of single origin cocoa beans, and those who are not used to the strong flavour of organic chocolate. It has a happy feel to it – eat this on a day that needs brightening.

q Ambriel (73% cocoa) chocolate bar with cocoa nibs has a very organic and earthy flavour and smell and, in fact, is certified organic and fair trade. Sproutmaster.com sells this product. The cocoa comes from Bolivia and the Dominican Republic.

q Vivani (Edel Bitter EQUADOR) organic “superior” dark chocolate (70% cacao) with olive oil. This is a nice smooth chocolate, likely due to the olive oil. Its ingredients are all organic and include: cocoa mass, raw cane sugar, cocoa butter, olive oil (2%). Check http://www.vivani.de/ for more information.

q Green & Blacks Organic Dark 85%, 100 gram bar. This bar is made with Trinitario cocoa beans and when I purchased it in 2008, it offered a quality promise on the package that it lived up to. Its ingredients are organic and include: chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, fat-reduced cocoa powder, raw cane sugar, vanilla extract. Be wary though, if you do not want soy lecithin, just stick to the 85% bar, Green & Black’s 70% chocolate does have soy lecithin in it.

q Michel Cluizel Plantation "Los Ancones", 67% Dark Chocolate, 100 g (3.5 oz) - of the highest quality and there is no lecithin used at all in this chocolate. Plus it's made with Bourbon vanilla pod and is made in France, one of the greatest countries for chocolate making!
    Noteworthy is the 85% Green and Blacks, and the less bitter lower % ones.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Lol. GOOD!!!

(it was a while ago that you got your hormones checked though, right? Like before this recent set of tests etc.?)
    January

Bat, are you getting enough iron? I think that's part of my problem this month. My period lasted a day! That's not good. I used to get those kinds of periods when I was veggie. I think the Vitex might help for energy.

Ci, thanks for all those suggestions! I must try the dandaline tea for bloating - does it really work?
    I would think so? I've never skimped on meat or eggs. And I'm not a heavy bleeder..

Bunny rabbits love dandelions and they're fertile as hell!

Haha, funny you say that - in the past I put myself under a lot of pressure be skinny, partially cos I presumed that's what guys wanted. Last night I realised it was a relief that yoga guy found me attractive at my "curvier" weight - it eliminates that pressure.
    I know I've mentioned this before, but the majority of the nice and attractive men whom I've asked have told me that they do not prefer rail thin women. Just FYI.

Nstocks, you could always make your own chocolate which of course would not contain any ingredients that you did not put there yourself. Cocoa + coconut oil or cocoa butter + sugar + vanilla + whatever. You could make any flavor you like.

Huge pain
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Huge pain
    Then stir some cocoa powder into some maple syrup and eat it with a freakin spoon. Thats what I do. I'm doing it. Right now.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I do that all the time already
    nihil